Pulldownit is a dynamics solver which allows for the creation of fractures as well as massive rigid bodies simulations. By using its technology digital artists are able to simulate fast and easily the collapse of buildings, cracking surfaces or fracturing any kind of brittle material.
Shatter It!, Voronoi-based pre-cutting
Shatter It! is a pre-cutting tool that is able to generate jaggy fragments, much more realistic than classic polygonal fragments. It is Voronoi-based because this scheme has showed to be the best mathematical pattern for brittle fracture. This tool's technology allows you to pre-cut a 3D model into hundred of shards in seconds; in addition, the fragments generated plug easily in the Pulldownit solver to perform simulation in a fast and stable way.
Built-in Dynamics and Fracture solver
The technology of fracture inside Pulldownit allows you to fracture any kind of brittle material like stone, glass or stucco. By using it, digital artists are able to simulate the collapse of structures or terrain cracking in minutes. Easy setup and powerful stress tools allow for control in the creation of cracks and drive the simulation to the desired end.
Pulldownit is currently integrated in Autodesk 3ds Max and Maya. It catches the geometry from the viewports and computes the final result as animation keys. It allows you to reset the simulation and start again as many as needed. You can also tweak parameters and resume simulation at any frame. In addition, animated objects and characters are able to interact with the simulated ones.
Version: 5.0 for Maya
Release date: 5/12/2021
- PDI Fractures solver 2x faster
- PDI Fracture solver gets more debris in areas nearby impact objects
- New bounded behaviour for crackers
- New ability to reverse Cracker direction
- New option to update Cracker Path when user changes reference curve
- New Extent parameter for Shatter it tool
- New ability to exclude part of the curve in Shatter it Draft Mode
- Jagginess applies to broken fragments only
- Load PDI scenes 2x faster
- Create fracture cluster is now an almost instant operation
- Stresses view "break at frame" clusters are now displayed in green color
- New Add Particles option "visible faces only"
- Fixed force fields can break completely clusters regardless of its hardness
- Fixed crackers trigger "activate at first hit" fbodies event
- Fixed huge slow down when cleaning PDI scenes before new scene/open scene
- Fixed disabled fracture body doesnt improve performance noticably
- Fixed Maya slow down hugly when update stresses vertex colors
- Fixed change static fragments to dynamic left them at 0 hardness
- Fixed wrong warning message when creating fracture body with animated parent
- Fixed PDI cache not cleared when animating crackers speed along a curve
- Fixed air damping parameters are wrongly disabled for static fbodies
- Fixed shatter points cannot be completely squeezed over borders
- Fixed cannot bake dynamics when dragging pdi scenes into Maya
- Fixed cannot delete pdi bodies when dragging pdi scenes into Maya
- Fixed Add Particles Tool window causes huge slow down when changing selection
NOTE: Maya Cached Playback is supported only after baking keys and deleting all PDi rigid bodies
- Product Identifiers -MPN: Pulldownit Pro 5.x for Maya (annual, windows, floating)
- Product Specifications -
- Microsoft Windows 64 bits all versions (Win 7, Win 8, Win 10)
- Apple MAC OS X 10.9 or later
- LINUX (only some distributions of this OS are available)
- Autodesk 3ds Max, Autodesk Maya
Hassle Free Returns
At Motion Media, our goal is to ensure your complete satisfaction with your purchase. If, for whatever reason, you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you may return it to Motion Media within 30 days. Claims for missing items or items damaged in transit must be received within three business days of receipt of merchandise.
Refunds on returned items will be issued in the same payment form as tendered at the time of purchase. If payment was made by credit card, once we receive the product we will credit your account. Please allow 7-10 days for a credit to appear on your credit card statement. If payment was made by check, please allow 10 business days for a refund check to be issued.
Please read all conditions below. If conditions are not met, Motion Media reserves the right to refuse the return or to charge a restocking fee of up to 25%.
How to return or exchange an item:
- In order to return an item you need to first obtain an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number.
- To request an RMA number, please visit our contact page and send us an email with the request.
- To request an RMA number by phone, call Customer Service at 310-450-4000.
- Place the original package into a shipping carton.
- Include the invoice and the reason for the return. If defective, please specify the defect.
- Please do not place stickers or shipping labels on the original manufacturer's package.
- The RMA number must be clearly written on the outer box. If you received a label in the email, print the label and tape it to the carton.
- Ship via insured ground service with a tracking number. Return shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer. We are not responsible for lost or damaged packages.
- Send pre-authorized returns to:
Motion Media, LLC
709 N. Douglas St.
El Segundo, CA 90245
- Alternatively, you may return an item at our office at the above location, with an approved RMA.
- All returned or exchanged items must be in new condition, in the original box, and must include all packing material, blank warranty cards, manuals, and all accessories.
- Motion Media is not responsible for personal data or items left in returned merchandise.
- Defective items may be repaired or exchanged at our discretion for the same model or manufacturer's equivalent model.
- RMA numbers are valid for 10 days.
- Motion Media is not responsible for any consequential or incidental damage resulting from the sale or use of any merchandise bought from us. We are responsible for the monetary value of the merchandise only.
No Return/Exchange On:
- Any Electronically Delivered Software*
- 3D Printers & Accessories
- Custom systems built or modified by Motion Media to customer's specifications
- Educational dvd's and books once unwrapped
- Motion Media Gift Cards are redeemable for merchandise only and may not be redeemed for cash.
*We offer 30 day returns on Autodesk licenses, excluding monthly terms.