Advanced Live Production Switcher!
The Blackmagic Design ATEM Production Studio 4K lets you connect up to 8 SD, HD or UltraHD 4K video cameras, disk recorders and computers for true broadcast quality work. It includes all the features you expect from a professional switcher including chroma key, transitions, media pool, downstream keyers, audio mixer, multi view and the world's first 6G-SDI and HDMI 4K video connections.
ATEM Production Studio 4K Features
- Supports NTSC/PAL/HD/UltraHD 4K @ 10-bit
- Supports 4K Resolution Over SDI or HDMI
- 4 x 6G-SDI & 4 x HDMI Inputs (4k/HD/SD)
- Tri-Sync/Blackburst Ref. Sync Input
- 8 x Built-in Frame Synchronizers
- Multiview Monitoring in HD
- Program Outputs in SD/HD/4K HD
- 4 x Keyers Total: 3 x Luma, 1 x Chroma
- Audio: 10 x Input, 2 Channel Mixer
- Hardware or Software Mac/PC Control
- Ethernet connection for control panel connection.
- Compatible with all ATEM Broadcast Panel control panels when hardware panel is required.
- Compact 1 rack unit size for a portable solution.
Amazing Ultra HD
Ultra HD is four times the resolution of regular high definition video for a massive 3840 x 2160 frame size. Blackmagic Design was the first company in the world to ship products using the new 6G-SDI and HDMI 4K video connections so customers can now purchase a range of products that effortlessly handle Ultra HD. Even when operating in Ultra HD every input of the ATEM switchers includes a full frame synchronizer allowing the use of non genlock sources such as computers. There is also a high definition down converted HD-SDI program output for when the switcher is operating in Ultra HD formats, but a regular HD program feed is required.
ATEM Production Studio 4K switchers have an elegant machined aluminum design that's optimized for live production. Designed with the features complex production demands, the elegant front panel includes illuminated buttons for aux switching as well as built in video display for live status! The built in 6G-SDI and HDMI 4K connections mean you get the latest technology for a future proof design that will work for you for years to come. Its compact size means you can install anywhere!
ATEM Production Studio includes advanced 6G-SDI and HDMI 4K inputs that are SD, HD or Ultra HD switchable so you can connect to virtually anything! Every input supports embedded audio mixing and features a frame resynchronizer so you can use sources without genlock such as consumer HDMI cameras or even computers for live PowerPoint™ presentations! You also get 2 balanced XLR audio inputs for connecting professional mixers and a HiFi audio input for consumer equipment like an iPod®.
Get all the outputs you need to record your video master and to broadcast your program to the audience at the event! ATEM includes program and down converted program outputs plus auxiliary outputs allowing clean feeds, perfect for connecting to giant outdoor LED screens, projectors, disk recorders, monitors and broadcast decks! The multi view outputs are 1080i HD so you can use any TV or monitor. You also get a balanced XLR output of your audio mix, which is also embedded into all video outputs.
ATEM has been designed for true professional broadcast quality audio. You get a built in audio mixer that lets you live mix the embedded audio from all video inputs. All inputs feature audio sample rate converters for clean sound even when the video input from non genlocked sources is being resynchronized. Balanced analog XLR audio inputs and HiFi RCA audio inputs are included and connect directly into the built in audio mixer. The built in audio mixer lets you manually mix sources or you can set mixer inputs to "audio follow video" so your audio crossfades as you switch between sources. Your program audio is embedded onto all video outputs and also output to balanced analog XLR audio connections.
Professional Workflow Options
- Dual Media Players - Large graphics memory!
- The ATEM Production Studio 4K supports 20 Ultra HD RGBA still frame graphics, while the ATEM 1 M/E and 2 M/E Production Studio 4K models support 32 Ultra HD RGBA still frame graphics and 180 frames of real time Ultra HD video or 720 frames of real time 1080 HD video.
- Independent Aux Output - Feed big screens on stage!
- ATEM switchers have independent auxiliary outputs that are perfect for feeding big video screens on stage or can also be used to send "clean feeds" without on air graphics to recorders for program mastering. The front panel buttons and screen make it easy to select sources such that you want to send to the aux output. Auxiliary outputs can be selected to any video input, media players, the preview bus, test signals and more! Aux outputs are fantastic for tech monitoring with SmartScope Duo 4K.
- Software Control Panel - Switcher control on Mac or PC!
- Included free with every ATEM Production Studio 4K Switcher is the beautifully designed ATEM software control panel for both Mac and Windows. With a full visual switcher control panel and parameter palettes for quick switcher adjustments, you can load graphics into the media pool, adjust the audio mixer, control and balance cameras, update switcher settings and more! For the ultimate in portability you can use the ATEM software on a laptop, so you can work easily in small spaces with full control of all the switcher's features!
Multi View Monitoring
The ATEM Production Studio 4K features built in multi view monitoring so customers can view sources on a single SDI monitor or HDMI TV and multi view includes independent views for program, preview and 8 customizable switcher sources. ATEM Production Studio 4K uses an aviation grade operating system that ensures mission critical reliability, unlike cheap computer based switchers that interrupt video if the computer crashes. With ATEM Production Studio 4K there will still be video output even if one of the control panels loses power or crashes, so the live event is protected from any potential problems.
In The Box
- ATEM Production Studio 4K
- Software CD
ATEM Production Studio 4K Technical Specifications
ATEM Production Studio 4K lets you connect up to 8 SD, HD or Ultra HD 4K video cameras, disk recorders and computers to do true broadcast quality work. You get all the features you expect from a professional switcher including chroma key, transitions, media pool, downstream keyers, audio mixer, multi view and the world's first 6G-SDI and HDMI 4K video connections.
- Total Video Input
- Total Video Output
- SDI Video Input
- 4 x 10-bit SD/HD/Ultra HD 4K switchable. 2 channel embedded audio.
- HDMI Program Output
- 1 x HDMI type A, 10-bit SD/HD/Ultra HD 4K switchable.
- HDMI Video Input
- 4 x HDMI type A, 10-bit SD/HD/Ultra HD 4K switchable. 2 channel embedded audio.
- Analog Audio Output
- 2 x XLR.
- SDI Audio Output
- 2 channel embedded into SDI output.
- Audio Input
- 2 x XLR. 2 x RCA.
- Sync Input
- Tri-Sync or Blackburst.
- Internal Frame Synchronizers
- 8. All inputs.
- 8. All inputs.
- SDI Program Output
- 1 x 10-bit SD/HD/Ultra HD 4K switchable.
- HDMI Program Output
- 1 x HDMI type A, 10-bit SD/HD/Ultra HD 4K switchable.
- Down Converted SDI Program Output
- 1 x 10-bit (Ultra HD 4K to HD)
- SDI Aux. Output
- Quantity of Multi Views
- Multi View Outputs
- 1 x HD-SDI and 1 x HDMI.
- Control Panel Connection
- Ethernet supports 10/100/1000 BaseT. Allows direct connection between panel and chassis, or via network.
- SD Format Support
- 625/25 PAL 4:3 and 16:9, 525/29.97 NTSC 4:3 and 16:9
- HD Format Support
- 720p50, 720p59.94, 1080p23.98, 1080p24, 1080p25, 1080p29.97, 1080i50, 1080p50, 1080i59.94, 1080p59.94.
- Ultra HD 4K Format Support
- 3840 x 2160p23.98, 3840 x 2160p24, 3840 x 2160p25, 3840 x 2160p29.97. SDI
- SMPTE 259M, SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 424M.
- Video Sampling
- Color Precision
- Color Space
- REC 601, REC 709
- HDMI Input Resolutions for Computers
- 720 x 480i 59.97Hz, 720 x 576i 50Hz, 1280 x 720 59.94Hz, 1280 x 720 50Hz and 1920 x 1080 59.94Hz, 1920 x 1080 50Hz, 3840 x 2160 23.98Hz, 3840 x 2160 24Hz, 3840 x 2160 25Hz, 3840 x 2160 29.97Hz.
- Colorspace Conversion
- Hardware based real time.
- Processing Delay
- 1 Line.
- Audio Mixer
- 10 input x 2 channel mixer. Selectable On/Off/Audio-Follow-Video. Level and Peak metering. Master gain control. Analog outputs may be used for separate monitoring.
- 4K to HD Down Conversion
- Yes, program x 1.
- Control Panel Included
- ATEM Software Control Panel included free.
- Tally Output
- Added via Ethernet connection to Blackmagic Design GPI and Tally Interface product. (Not included.)
- Software Updates
- Using USB connection directly connected to Mac OS X or Windows computers. Includes ATEM Switcher Utility.
- Set via ATEM Software Control Panel, excluding ATEM chassis IP address which is set via the ATEM Switcher Utility connected via USB to chassis.
- Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks, Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite or later.
- Windows 7 64-bit or Windows 8 64-bit.
- Total Number of Layers
- Upstream Keyers
- Downstream Keyers
- Linear/Luma Keyers
- Chroma Keyers
- Pattern Generators
- Color Generators
- Display interface
- Minimum monitor resolution of 1366 x 768.
- Media Players
- Fill and key for each Media Player.
- Media Pool Still Image Capacity
- 20 with fill and key.
- Media Pool Still Image Format
- PNG, TGA, BMP, GIF, JPEG and TIFF.
- Number of Windows
- 1 x 10
- Routable Windows
- Red for program and green for preview indication.
- Windows Source Labels
- Control Panel Compatibility
- Includes ATEM Software Control Panel. Also compatible with ATEM 1 M/E Broadcast Panel and ATEM 2 M/E Broadcast Panel.
- Input Voltage
- 110-240V AC
- Power Usage
- 12 Month Limited Manufacturer's Warranty.
Hassle Free Returns
At Motion Media, our goal is to ensure your complete satisfaction with your purchase. If, for whatever reason, you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you may return it to Motion Media within 30 days. Claims for missing items or items damaged in transit must be received within three business days of receipt of merchandise.
Refunds on returned items will be issued in the same payment form as tendered at the time of purchase. If payment was made by credit card, once we receive the product we will credit your account. Please allow 7-10 days for a credit to appear on your credit card statement. If payment was made by check, please allow 10 business days for a refund check to be issued.
Please read all conditions below. If conditions are not met, Motion Media reserves the right to refuse the return or to charge a restocking fee of up to 25%.
How to return or exchange an item:
- In order to return an item you need to first obtain an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number.
- To request an RMA number, please visit our contact page and send us an email with the request.
- To request an RMA number by phone, call Customer Service at 310-450-4000.
- Place the original package into a shipping carton.
- Include the invoice and the reason for the return. If defective, please specify the defect.
- Please do not place stickers or shipping labels on the original manufacturer's package.
- The RMA number must be clearly written on the outer box. If you received a label in the email, print the label and tape it to the carton.
- Ship via insured ground service with a tracking number. Return shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer. We are not responsible for lost or damaged packages.
- Send pre-authorized returns to:
Motion Media, LLC
709 N. Douglas St.
El Segundo, CA 90245
- Alternatively, you may return an item at our office at the above location, with an approved RMA.
- All returned or exchanged items must be in new condition, in the original box, and must include all packing material, blank warranty cards, manuals, and all accessories.
- Motion Media is not responsible for personal data or items left in returned merchandise.
- Defective items may be repaired or exchanged at our discretion for the same model or manufacturer's equivalent model.
- RMA numbers are valid for 10 days.
- Motion Media is not responsible for any consequential or incidental damage resulting from the sale or use of any merchandise bought from us. We are responsible for the monetary value of the merchandise only.
No Return/Exchange On:
- Any Electronically Delivered Software*
- 3D Printers & Accessories
- Custom systems built or modified by Motion Media to customer's specifications
- Educational dvd's and books once unwrapped
- Motion Media Gift Cards are redeemable for merchandise only and may not be redeemed for cash.
*We offer 30 day returns on Autodesk licenses, excluding monthly terms.