Media Composer is the media and entertainment industry's most used video editing software, accelerating high-res, HDR, and HD workflows. With tons of great new features, experience the thrill of inspired storytelling with tools that empower you to create the best story possible.
Key features and benefits
- Deliver your best stories
There's a reason why more professional moviemakers and television editors use Media Composer than any other video editing solution - it gives you the editing and finishing speed you need to complete projects faster. From its ACE-certified tools and unique timesaving workflows, to the most reliable media management in the biz, Media Composer empowers creative storytelling like no other.
- Edit anything
SD and HD. 2K through 8K and beyond. Even stereoscopic 3D and HDR. No matter what media you've got, Media Composer welcomes the widest range of file and camera formats, codecs, and resolutions, so you can acquire and turn around content faster. Without copying or transcoding media first. Whether you've got footage in a camera, media drive, smartphone, or video server, bringing your story together is easy.
- Get beauty without the wait
It's no secret that high-resolution, high frame rate media can put the brakes on any workflow. Media Composer eliminates these bottlenecks, offering powerful 64-bit performance, groundbreaking Avid DNxHR and Avid Resolution Independence technologies, plus background rendering and transcoding, to keep your media and creativity flowing.
- Gain great efficiency
Experience the fastest editorial workflows in the industry. Instantly access and edit file-based media without transcoding or copying media. Build stories with up to 24 video tracks. Preview clips before committing them to a project. Edit multicam projects with ease. Even automate non-creative media tasks - such as transcoding, consolidating, and relinking - in the background using Dynamic Media Folders.
- Get reliable media management
Media Composer keeps track of all projects, source material, rendered files, metadata, and other media for you, so you'll never lose sight of your assets. Gain peace of mind with over 20 years of industry-proven media management innovation supporting everything you do.
- Design stunning visuals
Add dramatic flair to your stories with a host of built-in effects, color, and title tools. From creating jaw-dropping VFX, green screen composites, motion effects, and transitions, to correcting color, tinting scenes, and designing graphical titles and animations, it's easy to give your projects that professional polish.
- Work in HDR
With support for a variety of High Dynamic Range (HDR) color specs, profiles, and workflows, Media Composer enables you to color grade video and achieve richer, more dramatic imagery, with exceptional detail in the shadows and highlights. It's a fast-growing technology - and an important way to future-proof your valuable content.
- Create studio-quality soundtracks
Sound is half the picture. With Media Composer, you can make your projects sound as good as they look. Record, edit, and mix up to 64 audio tracks in 7.1 surround. Create groups to mix dialog, Foley, music, and sound effects more easily. And polish soundtracks using the same high-quality audio effects and sound processors that come with Pro Tools.
- Expand your creative possibilities
Don't have the footage or effects you need? Shop the in-app Avid Marketplace - no shoes, shirt, or pants required. Preview stock footage in context with your project. Purchase plugins, software options, and hardware to extend your capabilities. You'll even find training material to help advance your editing skills.
- Get the Avid hardware advantage
Looking for the fastest way to capture, monitor, and output high-quality video? Pair Media Composer with an Avid Artist interface and get the tight integration you need to handle the most demanding workflows - from portable 4K interfaces, to solutions that offer an extensive array of I/O or video over IP. You can also use third-party interfaces through Avid Open I/O.
- Extend your workflow
From finding every clip or take that contains specific words of dialog in seconds, to adding advanced color correction, mastering, newsroom integration, visual effects, and titling tools, it's easy to extend your workflow by adding one or more Media Composer options.
- Product Identifiers -MPN
- Product Specifications -
Media Composer is compatible with both Windows and Mac based computers, but they must be Avid-qualified for optimum performance. Please refer to the Avid Knowledge Base on Avid's website for detailed system requirements.
Hassle Free Returns
At Motion Media, our goal is to ensure your complete satisfaction with your purchase. If, for whatever reason, you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you may return it to Motion Media within 30 days. Claims for missing items or items damaged in transit must be received within three business days of receipt of merchandise.
Refunds on returned items will be issued in the same payment form as tendered at the time of purchase. If payment was made by credit card, once we receive the product we will credit your account. Please allow 7-10 days for a credit to appear on your credit card statement. If payment was made by check, please allow 10 business days for a refund check to be issued.
Please read all conditions below. If conditions are not met, Motion Media reserves the right to refuse the return or to charge a restocking fee of up to 25%.
How to return or exchange an item:
- In order to return an item you need to first obtain an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number.
- To request an RMA number, please visit our contact page and send us an email with the request.
- To request an RMA number by phone, call Customer Service at 310-450-4000.
- Place the original package into a shipping carton.
- Include the invoice and the reason for the return. If defective, please specify the defect.
- Please do not place stickers or shipping labels on the original manufacturer's package.
- The RMA number must be clearly written on the outer box. If you received a label in the email, print the label and tape it to the carton.
- Ship via insured ground service with a tracking number. Return shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer. We are not responsible for lost or damaged packages.
- Send pre-authorized returns to:
Motion Media, LLC
709 N. Douglas St.
El Segundo, CA 90245
- Alternatively, you may return an item at our office at the above location, with an approved RMA.
- All returned or exchanged items must be in new condition, in the original box, and must include all packing material, blank warranty cards, manuals, and all accessories.
- Motion Media is not responsible for personal data or items left in returned merchandise.
- Defective items may be repaired or exchanged at our discretion for the same model or manufacturer's equivalent model.
- RMA numbers are valid for 10 days.
- Motion Media is not responsible for any consequential or incidental damage resulting from the sale or use of any merchandise bought from us. We are responsible for the monetary value of the merchandise only.
No Return/Exchange On:
- Any Electronically Delivered Software*
- 3D Printers & Accessories
- Custom systems built or modified by Motion Media to customer's specifications
- Educational dvd's and books once unwrapped
- Motion Media Gift Cards are redeemable for merchandise only and may not be redeemed for cash.
*We offer 30 day returns on Autodesk licenses, excluding monthly terms.