The Blackmagic Design UltraStudio SDI includes SDI capture and playback, as well as a built in HDMI 1.4 output for low cost local monitoring using a low cost television as a broadcast monitor. It also includes genlock and RS-422 deck control. UltraStudio SDI powers from the USB 3.0 connection so it is an extremely easy to install and very portable solution. UltraStudio SDI features built in USB 3.0 for a high speed 4.8 Gb/s connection that's up to 10 times faster than USB 2.0 or FireWire. UltraStudio SDI features super low jitter 3 Gb/s SDI connections plus the latest HDMI 1.4 output for local monitoring. You get both compressed and uncompressed video capture and playback in the highest 10-bit 4:2:2 YUV quality. Only uncompressed video captures every bit of every pixel in the SDI video connection for an exact mirror image between capture and playback. That's the highest quality possible from the SDI specification! Connect to broadcast routers or decks such as HDCAM SR, Digital Betacam, HDCAM, D5, DVCPRO HD and many more.
UltraStudio SDI Features:
- SDI input for captures switchers between SD and HD.
- SDI output for playback switches between SD and HD.
- Supports up to 8 channels of embedded SDI audio.
- RS-422 deck control port.
- Includes built in Black Burst or HD Tri-Sync input.
- HDMI 1.4a output for low cost monitoring.
- Includes support for Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects and Adobe Photoshop.
- Includes Blackmagic Design Media Express software.
- Powers from USB 3.0 connection.
- Completely digital 10 bit design works with uncompressed or compressed video.
Built with blazingly fast Thunderbolt technology, UltraStudio lets you work with the highest quality video resolutions all the way up to Ultra HD 4K! Choose from a range of rack mount and portable UltraStudio for Thunderbolt models featuring SDI, HDMI and analog video connections. UltraStudio works with all your favorite video software such as DaVinci Resolve, Final Cut Pro, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Creative Suite. UltraStudio are QuickTime and WDM based and work with any Mac OS X and Windows video software!
The Power of Thunderbolt
Built on revolutionary Thunderbolt™ technology, UltraStudio has a blazingly fast 10 Gb/s connection that's up to 20 times faster than USB 2.0. That's enough bandwidth to handle the highest resolution video formats easily! Thunderbolt ensures low latency and highly accurate time synchronization, making UltraStudio 4K ideal for demanding 3D stereoscopic workflows and even Ultra HD 4K. UltraStudio Express and UltraStudio Mini models are powered via the Thunderbolt connection and your laptop battery so they are extremely portable!
Supports your favorite software!
UltraStudio supports more editing, design and video software than any other capture product, freeing you to work with your favorite creative software. UltraStudio also supports any Mac OS X and Windows video software and because they connect via a simple Thunderbolt connection you can move your UltraStudio between computers as you need! Get full editing compatibility with Final Cut Pro, Media Composer and Premiere Pro and more! Create stunning visual effects with After Effects and Photoshop. Perform unparalleled color correction using DaVinci Resolve. Work seamlessly with ProTools for audio production. With such a wide range of software support, UltraStudio is perfect for every part of your workflow!
- Product Identifiers -MPN: BDLKULSASDI
- In The Box -
- UltraStudio SDI
- USB 3.0 cable
- Software CD
- Mounting Plate
- Product Specifications -
UltraStudio SDI Tech Specs
- SDI Video Input
- 1x 10-bit SD/HD switchable
- SDI Video Output
- 1x 10-bit SD/HD switchable
- Analog Audio Input
- 8 channels embedded in SD and HD
- Analog Audio Output
- 8 channels embedded in SD and HD
- HDMI Video Output
- 1x HDMI 1.4a type A
- HDMI Audio Output
- 2 channels embedded in SD and HD
- Sync Input
- Blackburst in SD, 720p50, 720p59.94, 1080i50 and 1080i59.94 formats or Tri-Sync in any HD format
- Device Control
- Sony™ compatible RS422 deck control port. Serial ports TxRx direction reversible under software control.
- Computer Interface
- USB 3.0
- AVC-Intra, AVCHD, Canon XF MPEG2, Digital SLR, DV-NTSC, DV-PAL, DVCPRO50, DVCPROHD, DPX, HDV, XDCAM EX, XDCAM HD, XDCAM HD422, Uncompressed 8-bit 4:2:2, Uncompressed 10-bit 4:2:2.
- SD Format Support
- 625/25 PAL, 525/29.97 NTSC, 525/23.98 NTSC
- HD Format Support
- 720p50, 720p59.94, 720p60, 1080PsF23.98, 1080p23.98, 1080PsF24, 1080p24, 1080PsF25, 1080p25, 1080PsF29.97, 1080p29.97, 1080PsF30, 1080p30, 1080i50, 1080i59.94, and 1080i60
- SDI Compliance
- SMPTE 259M and SMPTE 292M
- SDI Metadata Support
- VITC read for 3:2 pulldown removal. VANC capture and playback using up to 3 lines of video in file. HD RP188. Closed captioning
- Audio Sampling
- Television standard sample rate of 48 kHz and 24 bit.
- Color Precision
- Color Space
- REC 601, REC 709
- Copy Protection
- HDMI input is unable to capture from copy protected HDMI sources. Always confirm copyright ownership before capture or distribution of content.
- Operating Systems
- Compatible with Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit or better
- Requires a computer with onboard USB 3.0, or a USB 3.0 PCI Express 2.0 card.
- Does not support USB 2.0 capture and playback
- 5.39" x 0.91" x 2.8" (L x H x D)
- Product Warranty
- 3 Year Limited Manufacturer's Warranty.
Hassle Free Returns
At Motion Media, our goal is to ensure your complete satisfaction with your purchase. If, for whatever reason, you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you may return it to Motion Media within 30 days. Claims for missing items or items damaged in transit must be received within three business days of receipt of merchandise.
Refunds on returned items will be issued in the same payment form as tendered at the time of purchase. If payment was made by credit card, once we receive the product we will credit your account. Please allow 7-10 days for a credit to appear on your credit card statement. If payment was made by check, please allow 10 business days for a refund check to be issued.
Please read all conditions below. If conditions are not met, Motion Media reserves the right to refuse the return or to charge a restocking fee of up to 25%.
How to return or exchange an item:
- In order to return an item you need to first obtain an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number.
- To request an RMA number, please visit our contact page and send us an email with the request.
- To request an RMA number by phone, call Customer Service at 310-450-4000.
- Place the original package into a shipping carton.
- Include the invoice and the reason for the return. If defective, please specify the defect.
- Please do not place stickers or shipping labels on the original manufacturer's package.
- The RMA number must be clearly written on the outer box. If you received a label in the email, print the label and tape it to the carton.
- Ship via insured ground service with a tracking number. Return shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer. We are not responsible for lost or damaged packages.
- Send pre-authorized returns to:
Motion Media, LLC
709 N. Douglas St.
El Segundo, CA 90245
- Alternatively, you may return an item at our office at the above location, with an approved RMA.
- All returned or exchanged items must be in new condition, in the original box, and must include all packing material, blank warranty cards, manuals, and all accessories.
- Motion Media is not responsible for personal data or items left in returned merchandise.
- Defective items may be repaired or exchanged at our discretion for the same model or manufacturer's equivalent model.
- RMA numbers are valid for 10 days.
- Motion Media is not responsible for any consequential or incidental damage resulting from the sale or use of any merchandise bought from us. We are responsible for the monetary value of the merchandise only.
No Return/Exchange On:
- Any Electronically Delivered Software*
- 3D Printers & Accessories
- Custom systems built or modified by Motion Media to customer's specifications
- Educational dvd's and books once unwrapped
- Motion Media Gift Cards are redeemable for merchandise only and may not be redeemed for cash.
*We offer 30 day returns on Autodesk licenses, excluding monthly terms.