Not all facilities require the power and functionality of a full Baselight system, however most people strive to create the highest quality images using the best tools for the job.
Baselight Editions provide the same core toolset as the full Baselight systems, with the same graphical user interface but as a software-only package which can be incorporated into an existing NLE or VFX workstation. This approach delivers FilmLight's high quality grading tools and Truelight colour management directly into your workstation, and as the Editions share the same data structures as the full Baselight systems, projects can be seamlessly transferred and shared between users and facilities.
Flexible Licenses for Freelancers
FilmLight has created new licensing options especially for freelancers, so you can easily move a license to a new system when a job finishes. When you activate Baselight for Avid, you'll have the chance to choose a duration. The smallest duration is one day and there is no limit to the number of times that the license can be activated.
One License, Multiple Editions
If you want access to the power of Baselight within a host of different applications, there is no need to buy multiple licenses. So long as the applications are installed on the same system, purchase one license in the Baselight Editions range and you get access to all Editions on that machine.
- Layer Blending
Blend the output of a previous layer into the current layer by any amount you choose and using any of the available Photoshop-style blend modes, such as Mix, Add, Lighten, Darken, Overlay, Screen and so on.
- Instant grade recall with Scratchpad
The Scratchpad is designed for fast and simple saving and retrieval of looks (or grade stacks). Grab versions of stacks, cycle through Scratchpad slots, compare two versions or show all versions for a quick, at-a-glance view of the Scratchpad contents.
- Ultimate control
Baselight Editions support the Slate grading control surface, which can be completely customised to your preferred way of working using our Chalk application. The entire product range also supports the Avid Artist Color and the Tangent Element and Wave panels. Control is definitely a matter of choice.
- Unlimited Layers of Colour
Baselight can be applied to any or all clips in your timeline allowing you to add multiple grading layers to each shot. There is no limit to the number of layers you can 'stack' allowing you to build up complex corrections to obtain the exact look you require.
- Built-in Keyers and Matte Generation
Two separate grading or filter effects can be applied 'inside' and 'outside' of a matte, within any layer of a Baselight grading stack. Mattes are generated using a combination of built-in luma/chroma/3D keyers, bezier shapes and various modifiers allowing full adjustment of roll-off, softness, choking and so on. Baselight also provides variable shape feathering, so shapes can have differential softness, but without ever suffering from the folding and edging that occurs with other solutions.
- Unrivalled Colour Space Management
Truelight Colour Spaces allow colour space conversions to be performed with the speed, accuracy, and dynamic range permitted by native floating-point GPU functionality. They can be defined externally of Baselight formats, and have a powerful function set that allows complex transforms formerly only possible with 3D LUT mechanisms.
- GPU Scopes
Baselight includes built-in Vectorscope, RGB Parade, YCbCr Parade and Luma Waveform displays plus a high-precision histogram. Accurate levels are displayed along with an indication of 'illegal' colours. Each scope can be displayed within the Baselight UI.
- Automated Tracking
Baselight's automatic tracking system provides several options so you can track objects throughout a shot: one-point, two-point, or the area-based tracker. The area tracker allows you to define an area in the image rather than individual points and the system will accurately track the translation, rotation and scale of the object.
- Product Identifiers -MPN: Baselight Editions for NUKE (Mac)
- Product Specifications -
- Baselight for NUKE
To use Baselight for NUKE, you must be using:
- NUKE 8.0 or NUKE 9.0
- Mac OS X 10.7.5 (Lion) onwards, or Linux CentOS/RHEL 5 or CentOS/RHEL 6, or Windows 7 (64-bit)
- Baselight for Avid
To use Baselight for Avid on Windows or Mac, you must be using:
- Media Composer 6 or Symphony 6
- Windows or Mac OS X
- Baselight for Final Cut Pro
To use Baselight for Final Cut Pro, you must be using:
- Final Cut Pro 7
- You must also be running either:
- Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
- Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
- Mac OS X 10.7.2 (Lion with latest patches)
You must use version 6 or greater as Media Composer/Symphony and Baselight for Avid are 64-bit applications.
Baselight for Final Cut Pro will not run properly on Mac OS X 10.7 unless you update to 10.7.2 or higher, as earlier versions of the 10.7 operating system contain bugs that prevent certain plugins from operating correctly.
Hassle Free Returns
At Motion Media, our goal is to ensure your complete satisfaction with your purchase. If, for whatever reason, you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you may return it to Motion Media within 30 days. Claims for missing items or items damaged in transit must be received within three business days of receipt of merchandise.
Refunds on returned items will be issued in the same payment form as tendered at the time of purchase. If payment was made by credit card, once we receive the product we will credit your account. Please allow 7-10 days for a credit to appear on your credit card statement. If payment was made by check, please allow 10 business days for a refund check to be issued.
Please read all conditions below. If conditions are not met, Motion Media reserves the right to refuse the return or to charge a restocking fee of up to 25%.
How to return or exchange an item:
- In order to return an item you need to first obtain an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number.
- To request an RMA number, please visit our contact page and send us an email with the request.
- To request an RMA number by phone, call Customer Service at 310-450-4000.
- Place the original package into a shipping carton.
- Include the invoice and the reason for the return. If defective, please specify the defect.
- Please do not place stickers or shipping labels on the original manufacturer's package.
- The RMA number must be clearly written on the outer box. If you received a label in the email, print the label and tape it to the carton.
- Ship via insured ground service with a tracking number. Return shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer. We are not responsible for lost or damaged packages.
- Send pre-authorized returns to:
Motion Media, LLC
709 N. Douglas St.
El Segundo, CA 90245
- Alternatively, you may return an item at our office at the above location, with an approved RMA.
- All returned or exchanged items must be in new condition, in the original box, and must include all packing material, blank warranty cards, manuals, and all accessories.
- Motion Media is not responsible for personal data or items left in returned merchandise.
- Defective items may be repaired or exchanged at our discretion for the same model or manufacturer's equivalent model.
- RMA numbers are valid for 10 days.
- Motion Media is not responsible for any consequential or incidental damage resulting from the sale or use of any merchandise bought from us. We are responsible for the monetary value of the merchandise only.
No Return/Exchange On:
- Any Electronically Delivered Software*
- 3D Printers & Accessories
- Custom systems built or modified by Motion Media to customer's specifications
- Educational dvd's and books once unwrapped
- Motion Media Gift Cards are redeemable for merchandise only and may not be redeemed for cash.
*We offer 30 day returns on Autodesk licenses, excluding monthly terms.