Get professional quality rendering without the associated high costs when using SolidRocks. When asked to render a difficult, dark interior scene, with lots of glossies and GI detail, SolidRocks came in at 3 times faster! Streamline your rendering workflow with SolidRocks for 3ds Max/V-Ray today!
For ultimate ease of use, SolidRocks comes with modular GUI and useful tools and settings to stay concentrated on creation instead of losing time on tedious technical settings. The GUI can be collapsed at any moment into a mini/essential GUI.
- Compact Interface
SolidRocks interface (GUI) can be compacted at any moment (using the "compact UI" button). This give user more room for work, while maintaining access to essential tools (IPR, render, create V-Ray objects).
- New Vertical Command Panel
This vertical strip allows to open/close needed Panels. Right click on it to save/use your preferred combinations.
- Render Size Panel
All important resolution parameters are under your mouse pointer. SR gives quick access to standard Formats, Safe Frame (SF) on/off, Print Wizard assistant.
- Render Quality Rollout (The Main Panel)
- Try different GI methods easily with the new GI Method selector.
- Just choose the desired quality and press the Render button.
- IPR quick access. Works for Both Adv and GPU engines (V-Ray NEXT)
- Denoise button : activates the denoise render element (V-Ray 3.4+)
- AO (Ambient occlusion) and DE (Detail Enhance) are now accessible for best convenience.
- NEW: "P" button for V-Ray 3.0 Progressive AA option.
- NEW: GPU/ADV button for engine switch
- Choose required preset, or make your own!
- Quick access to last rendered image (Show Last).
- Quick access to Render dialog panel (RD).
- Override Max region options with Region button.
- NEW: Unified Save feature. Select final path/filename right into SolidRocks, and use "Save" and "Elements", whatever you're using max or V-Ray frame buffer, SolidRocks will manage the saving.
- Quick access to Distributed Rendering (DR) and BackBurner (BB) rendering.
- Preview Panel
A mini preview render is integrated in SolidRocks. It helps user to achieve a complete gamma correction (consistent gamma into viewports, material editor and rendering). Now Linear workflow is simple as a click.
- gamma sRGB or User mode
- Post button for gamma baking in postprod
- Show overexposed pixels (OverX) to assist exposure settings
- Auto Exposure tool to adjust camera shutter speed
- Auto White Balance tool to adjust camera's custom colour balance
- Color Mapping Panel
Thanks to this rollout you gain fast access to essential colour mapping options. Use the slider to setup your preferred exponential/linear ratio. Of course these settings (and all others) are saved and restored with each scene.
- Xpert Panel for Power Users
This panel extends solidrocks interface to give you more tools; like Shared light cache tool, Clay tool, and the new "Perfect direct Caustics" tool.
- Infos Panel
This panel shows in real time the essential V-Ray settings changing when the user changes the resolution and/or adjusts the desired quality. This view provides a global overview of V-Rray settings, and helps new V-Ray users to learn the most important settings in V-Ray to deal with quality and render times. V-Ray power users will find here the opportonity to give an eye on essential values before hitting "Render" button.
Release Date: 2020 August 21
- Compatible with V-Ray 5 (hotfix 2)
- Compatible with 3ds Max 2021
- Handles the 2 V-Ray Next engines: Adv and GPU (Hybrid)! With one single click you can now switch between the 2 flavors of V-Ray Next
- Bucket or progressive mode in single click
- Optimized presets for both engines (editable using the preset editor) with better quality on production settings
- IPR button working with both engines
- New gamma workflow matching modern workflows
- All new V-Ray features now turned ON for full power (VBAA, Autopilot, Dyn Thr, Srgb VFB and Gi Caustics)
Hassle Free Returns
At Motion Media, our goal is to ensure your complete satisfaction with your purchase. If, for whatever reason, you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you may return it to Motion Media within 30 days. Claims for missing items or items damaged in transit must be received within three business days of receipt of merchandise.
Refunds on returned items will be issued in the same payment form as tendered at the time of purchase. If payment was made by credit card, once we receive the product we will credit your account. Please allow 7-10 days for a credit to appear on your credit card statement. If payment was made by check, please allow 10 business days for a refund check to be issued.
Please read all conditions below. If conditions are not met, Motion Media reserves the right to refuse the return or to charge a restocking fee of up to 25%.
How to return or exchange an item:
- In order to return an item you need to first obtain an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number.
- To request an RMA number, please visit our contact page and send us an email with the request.
- To request an RMA number by phone, call Customer Service at 310-450-4000.
- Place the original package into a shipping carton.
- Include the invoice and the reason for the return. If defective, please specify the defect.
- Please do not place stickers or shipping labels on the original manufacturer's package.
- The RMA number must be clearly written on the outer box. If you received a label in the email, print the label and tape it to the carton.
- Ship via insured ground service with a tracking number. Return shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer. We are not responsible for lost or damaged packages.
- Send pre-authorized returns to:
Motion Media, LLC
709 N. Douglas St.
El Segundo, CA 90245
- Alternatively, you may return an item at our office at the above location, with an approved RMA.
- All returned or exchanged items must be in new condition, in the original box, and must include all packing material, blank warranty cards, manuals, and all accessories.
- Motion Media is not responsible for personal data or items left in returned merchandise.
- Defective items may be repaired or exchanged at our discretion for the same model or manufacturer's equivalent model.
- RMA numbers are valid for 10 days.
- Motion Media is not responsible for any consequential or incidental damage resulting from the sale or use of any merchandise bought from us. We are responsible for the monetary value of the merchandise only.
No Return/Exchange On:
- Any Electronically Delivered Software*
- 3D Printers & Accessories
- Custom systems built or modified by Motion Media to customer's specifications
- Educational dvd's and books once unwrapped
- Motion Media Gift Cards are redeemable for merchandise only and may not be redeemed for cash.
*We offer 30 day returns on Autodesk licenses, excluding monthly terms.