Meet the DeckLink SDI 4K Card
The Blackmagic DeckLink SDI 4K is perfect when you need an SDI only solution but demand the highest quality SDI capture and playback. You get incredible quality 6G-SDI on any PCI Express Mac, Windows or Linux computer. DeckLink SDI 4K is the world's smallest and most affordable multi rate SD/HD and Ultra HD SDI video card that lets you connect to any SD, HD-SDI, 2K and Ultra HD equipment. You also get RS-422 deck control, internal keying and reference input for a complete solution for editing, paint, design and more.
- 6G-SDI in and out, supports SD, HD up to 1080p60, 2K and Ultra HD capture and playback.
- Genlock/tri-sync input.
- Sony™ compatible RS-422 deck control.
- Supports uncompressed 8, 10 and 12 bit and compressed video capture and playback.
- Plugs into older model MacPro, Windows and Linux computers.
- Supports DaVinci Resolve, Final Cut Pro™, Adobe Premiere Pro™, Photoshop™, After Effects™ and more.
- Includes free developer SDK for Windows, Mac and Linux.
- Includes free Media Express capture and playback software for Windows, Mac and Linux.
Get the latest 6G-SDI technology so you can capture and playback in full resolution Ultra HD video, while remaining fully compatible with all SD and HD-SDI equipment! That's 4 times the resolution of regular 1080 HD video at a massive 3840 x 2160 image size! DeckLink SDI 4K, DeckLink Studio 4K and DeckLink 4K Extreme include 6G-SDI as standard while the advanced DeckLink 4K Extreme model includes dual 6G-SDI inputs and outputs for higher color resolution, dual stream 3D stereoscopic support and even higher frame rates! DeckLink 4K Extreme is the perfect choice for DaVinci Resolve color correction!
Supports your favorite software!
DeckLink supports more editing, design and video software than any other capture card, freeing you to work with your favorite creative software. DeckLink cards also support any Mac OS X, Windows and Linux video software and you can move your DeckLink card between operating systems as you need! Get full editing compatibility with Final Cut Pro, Media Composer, Premiere Pro CC and more! Create stunning visual effects with After Effects CC and Photoshop CC. Perform unparalleled color correction using DaVinci Resolve. Work seamlessly with ProTools for audio production. With such a wide range of software support, DeckLink is perfect for every part of your workflow!
- DaVinci Resolve 12
- DaVinci Resolve for Mac and Windows is the world's most popular color correction and online editing software solution compatible with high performance GPU cards and off the shelf control panels including Tangent Devices Element, JL Cooper Eclipse CX and the Avid Artist Color control panels. It includes 64-bit float YRGB processing for all effects, power windows, tracking, primaries and secondaries, and 3D object tracking. It's a great first color correction solution when you are working heavily in SD, HD and Ultra HD 4K! DeckLink cards were developed to be the perfect solution for DaVinci color grading and have been designed to perfectly match the powerful features in the latest DaVinci Resolve 12!
- Final Cut Pro X
- DeckLink cards are qualified by Apple for Final Cut Pro compatibility so you can edit in Final Cut Pro while using the highest quality video connections to any SD, HD or Ultra HD devices including HDCAM SR, HDCAM, HD-D5 and DVCPRO HD, as well as SD decks such as Digital Betacam. DeckLink supports playback of the timeline with absolute sample accurate AV sync. The included Media Express software lets you manage capture from external devices such as decks with wide metadata support. DeckLink supports advanced Final Cut Pro features such as 10 bit rendering, RT Extreme, 16 channel audio, deck control, support for ProRes, JPEG, DV, DVCPRO, DVCPRO HD, 8 & 10 bit uncompressed video!
- Adobe Premiere Pro CC
- DeckLink is the highest quality editing solution for Premiere Pro CC with full support for the Mercury Playback engine for massive range of RT effects. Included are a full suite of Premiere plug-ins with deck control and full support for 8 and 10 bit uncompressed AVI and QuickTime files, as well as Motion JPEG and DVCPRO HD which can all be played back on the same Premiere Pro CC timeline without rendering. QuickTime uncompressed files from Mac OS X systems can also be played back for cross-platform media sharing! You can even playback AVCHD, DSLR and XDCAM HD formats. DeckLink has full support for Premiere Pro CC's 8 channels of audio capture and playback via SD/HD-SDI, which is great for 5.1 surround sound editing.
- Avid Media Composer
- The Avid Media Composer 7 family of software, including Avid Symphony and Avid NewsCutter, provides fully integrated support for DeckLink. Capture and play back in full 10 bit uncompressed 4:2:2 and 4:4:4 quality, or directly in Avid DNxHD or other popular compressed video formats. Media Composer 7 has fast and familiar operation and its new 64-bit architecture plays back complex layered effects in real time. DeckLink is the perfect choice for professionals looking for the best possible Avid workflow on Mac OS X and Windows 8.
Blackmagic Utilities Included!
Blackmagic Media Express software comes free with every DeckLink card. Media Express lets you batch capture and playback 2D or even dual stream stereoscopic 3D in uncompressed YUV 4:2:2 and RGB 4:4:4 QuickTime, AVI and DPX, or compressed ProRes, DVCPRO and MJPEG files. DeckLink cards also include Blackmagic LiveKey and Blackmagic Disk Speed Test. LiveKey lets you insert logos and other graphics in real time using SDI outputs. Disk Speed Test checks your disk array and gives you an easy to understand speed test with the results in video frames per second!
Available free with all DeckLink cards is an advanced developer SDK free of charge for Mac, Windows and Linux. Develop your own custom solutions to use in house or even for sale! DeckLink also includes DirectShow filters, a WDM Windows Driver and QuickTime API that lets DeckLink cards integrate seamlessly with an unbelievably wide range of applications and codecs. Develop your solutions with confidence because DeckLink cards are a flexible, proven foundation which free you to work without limitations. The DeckLink SDK provides both low level control of hardware and high level interfaces which allow you to easily perform common tasks. It even lets you develop once and then easily deploy your solution across the entire range of DeckLink capture cards.
Highest Quality Connections
Every DeckLink card features the highest quality connections so you get pristine video and audio quality and can connect to the widest range of professional SDI equipment. DeckLink 4K Extreme includes Dual Link 3G/6G-SDI, HDMI, analog video, as well as 2 channels of AES/EBU audio and 2 channels of balanced analog audio in and out. DeckLink Studio 4K includes 6G-SDI, HDMI 1.4b, analog component, S-Video, composite video, 2 channels of AES/EBU audio and 4 channels of balanced analog audio in and out. You also get a down converted SD output. Decklink SDI 4K is perfect for high quality 10 bit SDI use only. All models include black burst/tri-sync reference and serial deck control. All models switch between SD and HD, while the DeckLink 4K Extreme, DeckLink Studio 4K and DeckLink SDI 4K models include 6G-SDI and HDMI 4K connections for Ultra HD and 4K.
Resolume software supports all DeckLink capture and playback products straight out of the box! With DeckLink and Resolume you can capture and play back any QuickTime and AVI video files, as well as Flash animations and text overlays with your WAV and AIFF audio files. With Resolume Arena you can even use SMPTE timecode captured by DeckLink to synchronize clips with lasers, lights, fireworks displays or anything you can imagine for the most mind blowing VJ performances!
DeckLink is fully compatible with popular video and audio streaming software so you can get your live stream to millions of online viewers! On Mac, stream live video with Flash Media Encoder, Wirecast and Livestream Procaster. When streaming on Windows, you get compatibility with Flash Media Encoder, Xsplit Broadcaster, Wirecast and Livestream Procaster. Stream high quality video of live events, webcasts, educational seminars, sales presentations, concerts or even video gameplay with DeckLink!
Connect to virtually any video device
Connect DeckLink to professional equipment with virtually any type of video and audio connection available, as well as professional RS-422 deck control, external reference inputs and more! All DeckLink cards feature advanced SDI video connections, the standard for today's post production and broadcast equipment. Some DeckLink models also include HDMI, analog component, S-video and composite connections, which means that you can connect to a range of older professional and consumer equipment. Work with the widest range of monitors, switchers, routers, broadcast decks and more.
- Connecting to Decks and Monitors
- You can connect to digital decks, simply by plugging into the SDI connections for decks such as HDCAM, HD-D5, HDCAM SR and even standard definition Digital Betacam! If you're connecting to older decks such as Betacam SP, then you can use the component analog connections on the DeckLink Studio and DeckLink 4K Extreme to plug in direct using the component analog video connections and balanced analog audio.
- Connecting to Routers
- DeckLink cards are perfect for use with routers because they include support for video, multi channel audio, timecode and close caption data, all down the single SDI cable.
- Connecting to Live Production Switchers
- Connecting to live production switchers is easy. If you're using DeckLink as a media player then you can run title software or animations in RGB using the DeckLink 4K Extreme model and output fill and key on the dual link SDI outputs.
DeckLink SDI 4K Technical Specifications
- SDI Video Output
- 1 x 10-bit SD/HD/2K/4K.
- Supports 6 Gb/s 4:2:2 and 3 Gb/s 4:4:4
- SDI Audio Output
- 16 Channels embedded in HD/2K/4K. 8 Channels embedded in SD.
- SDI Video Input
- 1 x 10-bit SD/HD/2K/4K.
- Supports 6 Gb/s 4:2:2 and 3 Gb/s 4:4:4
- SDI Audio Input
- 16 Channels embedded in HD/2K/4K. 8 Channels embedded in SD.
- Sync Input
- Blackburst in SD, 720p50, 720p59.94, 1080i50 and 1080i59.94 formats or Tri-Sync in any HD, 2K or UHD format.
- Device Control
- Sony™ compatible RS422 deck control ports. Serial ports TxRx direction reversible under software control.
- Computer Interface
- PCI Express 4 lane generation 2, compatible with 4,8 and 16 lane PCIe Slots.
- Supports: AVC-Intra, AVCHD, Canon XF MPEG2, Digital SLR, DV-NTSC, DV-PAL, DVCPRO50, DVCPROHD, DPX, HDV, XDCAM EX, XDCAM HD, XDCAM HD422, Apple ProRes 4444, Apple ProRes 422 (HQ), Apple ProRes 422, Apple ProRes (LT), Apple ProRes 422 (Proxy), Uncompressed 8-bit 4:2:2, Uncompressed 10-bit 4:2:2, Uncompressed 10 bit 4:4:4.
- Software Included
- Media Express, Disk Speed Test, LiveKey, Blackmagic System Preferences and Blackmagic driver on Mac OS X. Media Express, Disk Speed Test, LiveKey, Blackmagic Control Panel and Blackmagic driver on Windows 7 and Windows 8. Media Express, Blackmagic Control Panel and Blackmagic driver on Linux
- Internal Software
- Upgrade Firmware built into software driver. Loaded at system start or via updater software.
- Physical Installation
- PCI Express 4 lane generation 2, compatible with 4, 8, 16 lane PCI Express slots on Mac OS X, Windows and Linux.
- 4K Format Support
- 3840x2160p23.98, 3840x2160p24, 3840x2160p25, 3840x2160p29.97, 3840x2160p30, 4096x2160p23.98, 4096x2160p24, 4096x2160p25.
- 2K Format Support
- 2048 x 1080p23.98, 2048 x 1080p24, 2048 x 1080p25.
- HD Format Support
- 720p50, 720p59.94, 720p60, 1080PsF23.98, 1080p23.98, 1080PsF24, 1080p24, 1080PsF25, 1080p25, 1080PsF29.97, 1080p29.97, 1080PsF30, 1080p30, 1080i50, 1080p50, 1080i59.94, 1080p59.94, 1080i60, and 1080p60.
- SD Format Support
- 625/25 PAL, 525/29.97 NTSC.
- SDI Compliance
- SMPTE 259M, SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 296M SMPTE 372M, SMPTE 425M ITU-R BT.656 and ITU-R BT.601.
- SDI Metadata
- Support VITC read for 3:2 pulldown removal. VANC capture and playback using up to 3 lines of video in file. HD RP188. Closed captioning
- Audio Sampling
- Television standard sample rate of 48 kHz at 24 bit.
- Video Sampling
- 4:2:2 and 4:4:4 (4K is 4:2:2)
- Color Precision
- Color Space
- REC 601, REC 709
- Multiple Rate support
- SDI video connections are switchable between SD/HD/2K and UHD.
- Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks, Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite or later.
- Windows™ 7 or Windows 8 64-bit
- 3 Year Limited Manufacturer's Warranty.
- 3.75" long
Hassle Free Returns
At Motion Media, our goal is to ensure your complete satisfaction with your purchase. If, for whatever reason, you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you may return it to Motion Media within 30 days. Claims for missing items or items damaged in transit must be received within three business days of receipt of merchandise.
Refunds on returned items will be issued in the same payment form as tendered at the time of purchase. If payment was made by credit card, once we receive the product we will credit your account. Please allow 7-10 days for a credit to appear on your credit card statement. If payment was made by check, please allow 10 business days for a refund check to be issued.
Please read all conditions below. If conditions are not met, Motion Media reserves the right to refuse the return or to charge a restocking fee of up to 25%.
How to return or exchange an item:
- In order to return an item you need to first obtain an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number.
- To request an RMA number, please visit our contact page and send us an email with the request.
- To request an RMA number by phone, call Customer Service at 310-450-4000.
- Place the original package into a shipping carton.
- Include the invoice and the reason for the return. If defective, please specify the defect.
- Please do not place stickers or shipping labels on the original manufacturer's package.
- The RMA number must be clearly written on the outer box. If you received a label in the email, print the label and tape it to the carton.
- Ship via insured ground service with a tracking number. Return shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer. We are not responsible for lost or damaged packages.
- Send pre-authorized returns to:
Motion Media, LLC
709 N. Douglas St.
El Segundo, CA 90245
- Alternatively, you may return an item at our office at the above location, with an approved RMA.
- All returned or exchanged items must be in new condition, in the original box, and must include all packing material, blank warranty cards, manuals, and all accessories.
- Motion Media is not responsible for personal data or items left in returned merchandise.
- Defective items may be repaired or exchanged at our discretion for the same model or manufacturer's equivalent model.
- RMA numbers are valid for 10 days.
- Motion Media is not responsible for any consequential or incidental damage resulting from the sale or use of any merchandise bought from us. We are responsible for the monetary value of the merchandise only.
No Return/Exchange On:
- Any Electronically Delivered Software*
- 3D Printers & Accessories
- Custom systems built or modified by Motion Media to customer's specifications
- Educational dvd's and books once unwrapped
- Motion Media Gift Cards are redeemable for merchandise only and may not be redeemed for cash.
*We offer 30 day returns on Autodesk licenses, excluding monthly terms.