thinkingParticles Release 7.0 brings to you many bug fixes, workflow enhancements and new features, features like a brand new state of the art MPM Solver. MPM is short for Material Point Method, it is a grid based system that accelerates the physically accurate simulation of real world material properties. Materials one could simulate with MPM can range from hydro fluids, rubber to rock solid metals.
In contrast to spring based or breakable joint type particle hacks, thinkingParticles own MPM solver opens up a whole new world of visual FX for 3ds Max! A real world physics based simulation of a material simply can't be replaced by brute hacks or simplified dumbed down hacks. Real world material properties and behaviors allow to create the most amazing simulations, never seen before in 3ds Max.
With the addition of OpenVDB PointDataGrid support, and highly efficient GPU accelerated NanoVDB rendering through finalRender at no extra cost, the 3ds Max VFX Powerhouse just became elevated to new heights.
thinkingParticles 7 New Features
- Snow MPM Solver
thinkingParticles 7 introduces a 100% procedural Material Point Method to simulate real world material properties. Snow, and many more to come, is one of the most advanced and refined Material propertyies for Visual Effects you can find on any platform.
- Sand MPM Solver
thinkingParticles 7 procedural Material Point Method to simulate real world material properties comes with one of the most advanced Sand simulation material properties. In depth control of every single grain of sand is guaranteed!
This new node is used to query and set Flow parameters for MPM and SPH solver data. Use this node to affect MPM clusters, density and sleep states. Every single particle can be easily checked for its flow solver type (Fluid,Snow,Sand).
- GPU Sprites
Thanks to a new GPU hardware accelerated particle viewport display type, updates and redraws are faster and interactive. Now, use thousands or millions of particles in the viewport. Bonus: better volume and density perception with large particle simulations.
- Voronoi/Cellular Node
This 100% procedural helper Node generates volumetric 3D noise patterns, including Voronoi. This new Voronoi function allows you to procedurally create your own 3D patterns while still maintaining full control over it.
ShapeElement automatically extracts new particle meshes from existing mesh elements within an object. While the standard fragmenter node still offers a similar functionality, this new node is much more optimized and stripped down.
- Product Identifiers -MPN: thinkingParticles 7 Subscription (1 year)
Hassle Free Returns
At Motion Media, our goal is to ensure your complete satisfaction with your purchase. If, for whatever reason, you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you may return it to Motion Media within 30 days. Claims for missing items or items damaged in transit must be received within three business days of receipt of merchandise.
Refunds on returned items will be issued in the same payment form as tendered at the time of purchase. If payment was made by credit card, once we receive the product we will credit your account. Please allow 7-10 days for a credit to appear on your credit card statement. If payment was made by check, please allow 10 business days for a refund check to be issued.
Please read all conditions below. If conditions are not met, Motion Media reserves the right to refuse the return or to charge a restocking fee of up to 25%.
How to return or exchange an item:
- In order to return an item you need to first obtain an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number.
- To request an RMA number, please visit our contact page and send us an email with the request.
- To request an RMA number by phone, call Customer Service at 310-450-4000.
- Place the original package into a shipping carton.
- Include the invoice and the reason for the return. If defective, please specify the defect.
- Please do not place stickers or shipping labels on the original manufacturer's package.
- The RMA number must be clearly written on the outer box. If you received a label in the email, print the label and tape it to the carton.
- Ship via insured ground service with a tracking number. Return shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer. We are not responsible for lost or damaged packages.
- Send pre-authorized returns to:
Motion Media, LLC
709 N. Douglas St.
El Segundo, CA 90245
- Alternatively, you may return an item at our office at the above location, with an approved RMA.
- All returned or exchanged items must be in new condition, in the original box, and must include all packing material, blank warranty cards, manuals, and all accessories.
- Motion Media is not responsible for personal data or items left in returned merchandise.
- Defective items may be repaired or exchanged at our discretion for the same model or manufacturer's equivalent model.
- RMA numbers are valid for 10 days.
- Motion Media is not responsible for any consequential or incidental damage resulting from the sale or use of any merchandise bought from us. We are responsible for the monetary value of the merchandise only.
No Return/Exchange On:
- Any Electronically Delivered Software*
- 3D Printers & Accessories
- Custom systems built or modified by Motion Media to customer's specifications
- Educational dvd's and books once unwrapped
- Motion Media Gift Cards are redeemable for merchandise only and may not be redeemed for cash.
*We offer 30 day returns on Autodesk licenses, excluding monthly terms.