Substance is the complete suite for object texturing and material authoring for your 3D projects. Discover the Substance product that can help you bring your wildest ideas to life.
With this powerful app, get all the tools you need to paint your 3D models in real time. Play with mask presets that adapt to any shape, and paint with brushes you can modify on the fly. The workflow is non-destructive, so you can experiment all you want.
- Powerful paint engine
Paint using smart brushes, projection tools and even particles.
- Smart Materials / Smart Masks
Wear and tear, scratches and dust adapt to your asset.
- RTX accelerated bakers
Extract and bake any material from a 3D object in a few seconds with the GPU accelerated baker.
- State of the art rendering
Real-time viewport coupled with NVIDIA's Iray renderer gives you amazing previews and renderings
- Export to anything
Export to any game engine, platform or renderer with just a click.
Optimized for PC, Mac, and Linux.
- VFX ready
UDIM support, alembic, camera import, and more. Work effortlessly on film-quality assets.
- An amazing community
Learn and share with passionate artists.
Download hundreds of high-quality, fully-customizable 3D materials. Access the materials library inside all the major digital content creation apps.
- Material standard
The Substance format works with all your 3D apps, in both real-time and offline renderers.
- Comprehensive library
From scans to hybrid and fully procedural materials, every type of surface is covered.
- Endless variations
Modifiable parameters allow precise personalization of materials.
- Cloud viewer
Preview and tweak your materials before downloading them.
- Guaranteed quality
Only the best materials, which have been intensely tested and review, make it onto Substance Source.
- Learn from the best
Explore the node graphs created by experts; learn the secrets within.
- Integrated content
Substance Source is directly accessible within your favorite 3D graphics apps.
- Thematic collections
Get inspired with curated collections of materials.
Easily create and manage your own 3D texture libraries. You can mix and tweak existing materials or make new ones from photographs and high-res scans.
- Material blending
Combine two or more materials to create complex surfaces easily.
- Automatic color variation
Extract colors and generate libraries of variations.
- Conversion of single images to 3D materials
Create a material from a single photo
- Multi-angle images to 3D materials
Dedicated scan-processing workflow.
Remove shadows with machine learning algorithms.
- Atlas Splatter
Scatter leaves, pebbles, and more, on your material.
- .sbsar export
Export Substance materials compatible with every 3D application out there.
- Embedded filters and generators
Add your own content, created in Substance Designer.
Create custom 3D materials with complete authoring control. Design in the smallest details your own texture or take advantage of Substance's ever-expanding scripting capabilities.
- Procedural creation
Harness the power of Substance to create unique and versatile parametric materials.
- State of the art rendering
Real-time viewport coupled with NVIDIA's Iray renderer gives you amazing previews and renders.
- An ever-growing library of nodes
Access more than 400 nodes by default, and hundreds more on Substance Share.
- 100+ procedural noises
Create any surface with unique and randomizable noises and patterns.
- RTX-accelerated bakers
Extract and bake any texture from a 3D object in a few seconds with the GPU-accelerated baker.
- HDR lighting creation
Create dynamic lighting stages using procedural lights or 360 photos.
- Pipeline automation
Create tools and utility graphs to supercharge your pipeline.
- Scripting API
Build and share powerful plugins with the integrated Python scripting interface.
- Product Identifiers -MPN: 65322921BA01A12
Hassle Free Returns
At Motion Media, our goal is to ensure your complete satisfaction with your purchase. If, for whatever reason, you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you may return it to Motion Media within 30 days. Claims for missing items or items damaged in transit must be received within three business days of receipt of merchandise.
Refunds on returned items will be issued in the same payment form as tendered at the time of purchase. If payment was made by credit card, once we receive the product we will credit your account. Please allow 7-10 days for a credit to appear on your credit card statement. If payment was made by check, please allow 10 business days for a refund check to be issued.
Please read all conditions below. If conditions are not met, Motion Media reserves the right to refuse the return or to charge a restocking fee of up to 25%.
How to return or exchange an item:
- In order to return an item you need to first obtain an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number.
- To request an RMA number, please visit our contact page and send us an email with the request.
- To request an RMA number by phone, call Customer Service at 310-450-4000.
- Place the original package into a shipping carton.
- Include the invoice and the reason for the return. If defective, please specify the defect.
- Please do not place stickers or shipping labels on the original manufacturer's package.
- The RMA number must be clearly written on the outer box. If you received a label in the email, print the label and tape it to the carton.
- Ship via insured ground service with a tracking number. Return shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer. We are not responsible for lost or damaged packages.
- Send pre-authorized returns to:
Motion Media, LLC
709 N. Douglas St.
El Segundo, CA 90245
- Alternatively, you may return an item at our office at the above location, with an approved RMA.
- All returned or exchanged items must be in new condition, in the original box, and must include all packing material, blank warranty cards, manuals, and all accessories.
- Motion Media is not responsible for personal data or items left in returned merchandise.
- Defective items may be repaired or exchanged at our discretion for the same model or manufacturer's equivalent model.
- RMA numbers are valid for 10 days.
- Motion Media is not responsible for any consequential or incidental damage resulting from the sale or use of any merchandise bought from us. We are responsible for the monetary value of the merchandise only.
No Return/Exchange On:
- Any Electronically Delivered Software*
- 3D Printers & Accessories
- Custom systems built or modified by Motion Media to customer's specifications
- Educational dvd's and books once unwrapped
- Motion Media Gift Cards are redeemable for merchandise only and may not be redeemed for cash.
*We offer 30 day returns on Autodesk licenses, excluding monthly terms.