RailClone is the world's most powerful artist-friendly parametric modelling plugin for 3ds Max®. Its unique array-based approach to asset creation is fast, efficient, and easy-to-learn. Use the convenient node-based editor to create rules that combine, sequence, transform, deform, slice, bevel, and distribute instanced geometry or proxies. Create variation by randomising objects, UV mapping, and material IDs. Render huge objects made from thousands of highly detailed parts using native geometry shaders. With RailClone, creating sophisticated parametric models has never been simpler.
With RailClone there are no limits on your creativity. Unlike other scripts and plugins that are designed for a single type of model, in RailClone you can create almost anything.
- Easy to Use
RailClone uses an easy-to-understand visual Style Editor to create sophisticated structures. Unlike other tools, absolutely zero programming knowledge is necessary.
RailClone is fully multi-threaded and highly optimized for speed. This, coupled with the efficient viewport display modes, and powerful instancing means that you can create and render huge objects, made from thousands of highly detailed parts.
RailClone assembles, transforms, slices and deforms geometry to create a seamless object. Just set a few rules, and the object is constructed for you automatically, even on curved paths!
Let RailClone do the thinking for you with advanced algorithms to deform geometry to follow sloping paths and surfaces. Inclined and uneven walls, stairs, handrails and balustrades and stepped fences are no longer a chore to create in 3ds Max.
- Ready to go
RailClone Pro comes with nearly 400 predefined styles, including fences, railings, barriers, traffic, walls, and much more. The library browser is fully customizable, allowing you to add new categories and models with and share them with your colleagues.
RailClone 6 Highlights
- New Library Browser
The library browser has been rewritten from the ground up. Add 100s of objects selected from a scene and automatically build matlibs and generate thumbnails in a couple of clicks.
- Introducing RailClone Slice
Prepare existing assets for use with RailClone using the new RailClone Slice modifier that divides a mesh into all the pieces you need to create common styles.
- Updated asset library
RailClone 6 marks the first phase of a major overhaul of the built-in library. In this release you'll find over 160 new parametric assets in 5 collections.
- Always-on-top style Editor
Edit styles and interact with the scene at the same time thanks to the ability to keep the Style Editor open even after the RailClone object is deselected.
- Supercharged Macros
Create macros by simply copying and pasting an entire graph into a new macro tab. Segments, splines, and numeric nodes are converted to inputs automatically.
- Password protect graphs
Share styles with confidence using the new password protect feature. Be careful though, it's so secure that there's no way to recover a password if you forget it!
- Link and Reroute
Make graphs much easier to read using the new Link and Reroute nodes that allow you to redirect, branch, and hide wires.
- Style Editor improvements
Speed up object creation with improvements to the Style editor including shift+drag to clone nodes, import the scene selection to new nodes, better selection and much more!
- Improved deformation
Use RailClone's advanced deformation modes with confidence thanks to improvements to the Flat Top and Bottom algorithm which can now be used below the path.
- Product Identifiers -MPN: RailClone Pro (1yr)
- Product Specifications -
- Supported versions of Autodesk 3ds Max and 3ds Max Design (64 bit versions)
- 3ds Max: versions 2013 to 2024
- 3ds Max Design: versions 2013 to 2015
Due to Autodesk's licensing policy, RailClone is only able to officially support 3ds Max 2019 to 2024. The installer also includes versions of RailClone for 3ds Max 2013 to 2018 which should install and work as expected, but iToo is unable to test them.
- Supported renderers
- Arnold 7.2 is supported Please make sure the MaxToA plugin is up to date. You can download the most recent version from the Arnold Renderer website.
- V-Ray and V-Ray RT supported versions are 2.5 or greater for V-Ray 2, and 3.7 or greater for V-Ray 3, 4.3 or greater for V-Ray 3, V-Ray Next and V-Ray 6.
- Thea Render 1.3 and onwards.
- Corona Renderer 1 and onwards.
- Redshift 2.6.24 or above
For unsupported renderers it is still possible to use RailClone using RailClone Tools to convert the objects to standard Max instances.
Hassle Free Returns
At Motion Media, our goal is to ensure your complete satisfaction with your purchase. If, for whatever reason, you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you may return it to Motion Media within 30 days. Claims for missing items or items damaged in transit must be received within three business days of receipt of merchandise.
Refunds on returned items will be issued in the same payment form as tendered at the time of purchase. If payment was made by credit card, once we receive the product we will credit your account. Please allow 7-10 days for a credit to appear on your credit card statement. If payment was made by check, please allow 10 business days for a refund check to be issued.
Please read all conditions below. If conditions are not met, Motion Media reserves the right to refuse the return or to charge a restocking fee of up to 25%.
How to return or exchange an item:
- In order to return an item you need to first obtain an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number.
- To request an RMA number, please visit our contact page and send us an email with the request.
- To request an RMA number by phone, call Customer Service at 310-450-4000.
- Place the original package into a shipping carton.
- Include the invoice and the reason for the return. If defective, please specify the defect.
- Please do not place stickers or shipping labels on the original manufacturer's package.
- The RMA number must be clearly written on the outer box. If you received a label in the email, print the label and tape it to the carton.
- Ship via insured ground service with a tracking number. Return shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer. We are not responsible for lost or damaged packages.
- Send pre-authorized returns to:
Motion Media, LLC
709 N. Douglas St.
El Segundo, CA 90245
- Alternatively, you may return an item at our office at the above location, with an approved RMA.
- All returned or exchanged items must be in new condition, in the original box, and must include all packing material, blank warranty cards, manuals, and all accessories.
- Motion Media is not responsible for personal data or items left in returned merchandise.
- Defective items may be repaired or exchanged at our discretion for the same model or manufacturer's equivalent model.
- RMA numbers are valid for 10 days.
- Motion Media is not responsible for any consequential or incidental damage resulting from the sale or use of any merchandise bought from us. We are responsible for the monetary value of the merchandise only.
No Return/Exchange On:
- Any Electronically Delivered Software*
- 3D Printers & Accessories
- Custom systems built or modified by Motion Media to customer's specifications
- Educational dvd's and books once unwrapped
- Motion Media Gift Cards are redeemable for merchandise only and may not be redeemed for cash.
*We offer 30 day returns on Autodesk licenses, excluding monthly terms.