Maxwell | SketchUp offers seamless integration with SketchUp Make and Pro. This product has been designed for rendering in SketchUp with a Maxwell toolbar. It brings you advanced Maxwell Render technology in a simple package.
New in Maxwell 5
- New MULTI-GPU engine
Fully rewritten MULTI-GPU engine provides more than 50x speed-up compared with a high-end CPU, preserving the Maxwell quality and delivering results in minutes or even seconds.
- Additive materials in GPU
Materials with additive layers are now GPU-ready, increasing compatibility with the majority of Maxwell materials.
- New cloud render service
The new cloud render service is integrated in Maxwell Studio and supported plugins. Just click a button and the Maxwell scene will be rendered by the fastest machines (96 cores) available in the cloud.
- Improved interactivity and stability
FIRE (Fast Interactive Render) is now faster and optimized to update instantly and reflect the changes in the scene, providing a great interactive workflow.
- Procedural textures
Add more variability and realism to your scene by randomizing texture properties automatically across multiple objects or tiled surfaces.
- Light groups (Multilight)
Lights can now be grouped and controlled like single emitters in the Multilight 'emixer'. Useful to keep MXI files more compact, reduce memory footprint and decrease complexity in scenes with lots of emitters.
- Support for high-resolution (4K) screens in both Studio and Render
Now Studio and Maxwell Render interface are able to accommodate to high resolution displays like 4K or higher.
- Improved workflow
Nested references allow for better management of large scenes with deep hierarchies, optimizing file sizes. Dependencies are now searched in several subfolder levels, streamlining assets management.
Maxwell Render is a rendering engine based on the mathematical equations governing light transport, meaning that all elements, such as emitters, materials and cameras, are derived from physically accurate models. Maxwell Render is unbiased, so no tricks are used to calculate the lighting solution in every pixel of a scene; the result will always be a correct solution, as it would be in the real world. Maxwell Render can fully capture all light interactions between all elements in a scene, and all lighting calculations are performed using spectral information and high dynamic range data.
Due to its very nature, Maxwell Render enables users to create accurate and extremely realistic images. Maxwell Render is a recognized standard in architectural visualization, product design, jewelry, film production, scientific research and other high-end rendering markets, and the leader in render quality.
Maxwell Render is a rendering engine that accepts models and scenes created in 3D or CAD applications. Several of these applications are directly supported through a Maxwell Render plug-in; others can be used in conjunction with Maxwell Render by importing the geometry into Maxwell Studio, a component of the software.
- UNSURPASSED REALISM
Unbiased spectral ray-tracing designed to simulate light and materials exactly as it behaves in the real world. No tricks. Just accurate real-world physics.
Maxwell’s interactive engine gives you immediate feedback for adjustments to lighting, materials and camera settings.
- THOUSANDS OF MATERIALS
Hundreds of online materials in Next Limit's community based library. Materials are based on real optical properties, creating unrivalled realism. A Material assistant will help you create perfectly optimised materials in just seconds!
The Denoiser feature provides faster results (2x to 6x), obtaining higher quality at lower sampling level.
Light intensities can be changed during and after rendering, saving out as many images as needed - all from just a single render.
- REALISTIC CAMERA MODEL
Set optical properties such as f-stop, focal length, shutter speed, ISO, film size, etc. Get DOF, bokeh, scattering and exposure effects to boost realism.
- ACCURATE 3D MOTION BLUR
Accurate 3D motion blur can handle unlimited sub-steps, and can be set for both a still camera to mimic long exposure effects such as trails of light, or a film camera to show the motion blur effect of fast moving objects.
- PHYSICAL SKY
Wide range of real-life, physically-correct variables to control the look of the sky and lighting, including Earth location, time, sun’s aspect, and atmosphere.
Create large atmospheric haze effects or thick fog, compatible with particles files in several formats including RealFlow .bin, OpenVDB and density fields/voxels directly from Maya and Houdini.
- MAXWELL SEA
Create realistic ocean surfaces and waves controlling water depth and surface dimensions. From swimming pools to open ocean.
Photoreal hair rendering, compatible with Maya Shave and a Haircut, Maya hair, 3ds Max hair, Cinema 4D hair, and Ornatrix. Any Maxwell material can be applied.
- GRASS AND FUR
Create photoreal grass or fur on a selected piece of geometry. Designed to offer maximum control and impeccable detail.
- REALFLOW IMPORT
Render your RealFlow™ particles directly with Maxwell Render, meshing the point cloud at render time.
- PIXAR OPEN SUBDIV
The Pixar Open Subdiv feature subdivides object surfaces only at render time - saving space and data transfer.
- NETWORKING RENDERING
Render one image using all of your computers, or set each computer to render one animation frame. Complete control and flexibility.
- MEMORY SAVING INSTANCES
Instances are a great way to save memory when rendering. They are great for creating vegetation, bricks, furniture or any other extensively repeated geometry in your scene.
Alpha, Z-buffer, Shadow, Material-Id, Object-Id, Motion Vector, Roughness, Fresnel, Normals, etc. Create unlimited 'layers' of custom alphas and add any object(s) to those layers to isolate them.
- EXTRA SAMPLING
Define a specific area of your image to be rendered to a higher sampling level than the rest - dedicating all render power to the areas where it is most needed.
- DEEP COMPOSITING
Deep image format stores color as well as depth information per pixel, making it much easier to composite rendered objects together as well as eliminating troublesome edge artefacts. Export to EXR or DTEX formats, in rgba or alpha.
- PYTHON SCRIPTING
The Python SDK allows you to write custom tools such as extracting certain channels from an MXI sequence, creating materials on the fly, network render management and much more.
The Alembic file format allows for very efficient storage of geometry and other scene data, which can now be referenced directly in Maxwell. Support for Alembic includes static and animated geometry as well as particles. It also works with the Exocortex CRATE suite of Alembic plugins.
- Product Identifiers -MPN: Maxwell 5 | Sketchup (new, nodelocked)
Hassle Free Returns
At Motion Media, our goal is to ensure your complete satisfaction with your purchase. If, for whatever reason, you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you may return it to Motion Media within 30 days. Claims for missing items or items damaged in transit must be received within three business days of receipt of merchandise.
Refunds on returned items will be issued in the same payment form as tendered at the time of purchase. If payment was made by credit card, once we receive the product we will credit your account. Please allow 7-10 days for a credit to appear on your credit card statement. If payment was made by check, please allow 10 business days for a refund check to be issued.
Please read all conditions below. If conditions are not met, Motion Media reserves the right to refuse the return or to charge a restocking fee of up to 25%.
How to return or exchange an item:
- In order to return an item you need to first obtain an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number.
- To request an RMA number, please visit our contact page and send us an email with the request.
- To request an RMA number by phone, call Customer Service at 310-450-4000.
- Place the original package into a shipping carton.
- Include the invoice and the reason for the return. If defective, please specify the defect.
- Please do not place stickers or shipping labels on the original manufacturer's package.
- The RMA number must be clearly written on the outer box. If you received a label in the email, print the label and tape it to the carton.
- Ship via insured ground service with a tracking number. Return shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer. We are not responsible for lost or damaged packages.
- Send pre-authorized returns to:
Motion Media, LLC
709 N. Douglas St.
El Segundo, CA 90245
- Alternatively, you may return an item at our office at the above location, with an approved RMA.
- All returned or exchanged items must be in new condition, in the original box, and must include all packing material, blank warranty cards, manuals, and all accessories.
- Motion Media is not responsible for personal data or items left in returned merchandise.
- Defective items may be repaired or exchanged at our discretion for the same model or manufacturer's equivalent model.
- RMA numbers are valid for 10 days.
- Motion Media is not responsible for any consequential or incidental damage resulting from the sale or use of any merchandise bought from us. We are responsible for the monetary value of the merchandise only.
No Return/Exchange On:
- Any Electronically Delivered Software*
- 3D Printers & Accessories
- Custom systems built or modified by Motion Media to customer's specifications
- Educational dvd's and books once unwrapped
- Motion Media Gift Cards are redeemable for merchandise only and may not be redeemed for cash.
*We offer 30 day returns on Autodesk licenses, excluding monthly terms.