The MOTU M4 is a 4-in/4-out USB-C audio interface for Mac, Windows and iOS that offers best-in-class audio quality, best-in-class speed (ultra-low latency) and best-in-class metering with a full-color LCD.
BEST IN CLASS: Audio Quality
Equipped with the same ESS Sabre32 Ultra™ DAC Technology found in audio interfaces costing thousands, the M4 delivers an astonishing 120 dB Dynamic Range on its main outputs. ESS converters also drive the headphone output, which rivals dedicated headphone amplifiers costing hundreds. Ultra-clean preamp circuits produce a measured -129 dBu EIN on the mic inputs. Capture and monitor your audio with pristine clarity.
- ESS Sabre32 Ultra™ DAC technology for superb analog sound
- The same converter technology used in audio interfaces costing thousands
- Measured 120 dB dynamic range on outputs
- Measured -129 dBu EIN on mic inputs
- ESS-driven headphone output
BEST IN CLASS: Speed
The M4 provides best-in-class speed for monitoring live inputs (mic, guitar or keyboard) through your computer, thanks to MOTU's expertly engineered USB drivers, which deliver class-leading, ultra-low 2.5 ms Round Trip Latency (at 96 kHz with a 32 sample buffer).
BEST IN CLASS: Metering
When recording and mixing, nothing is more critical than achieving optimum levels. The M4 is the only audio interface in its class with a full color LCD featuring clear, detailed level meters for all inputs and outputs. Enjoy professional-level volume control and feedback to get your sound just right.
LIVE STREAMING: Loopback
The M4 driver provides convenient loopback channels to your host computer, so you can easily route computer output back to the computer, where you can mix it with live mics and/or guitar inputs from the M4 in your host software for live streaming or podcasting. Streaming and podcasting has never been easier and better-sounding!
Workstation software, virtual instruments and loops to get you making music right away
Connect the M4 to your Mac or PC and start laying down tracks with the included Performer Lite or Live Lite production software, plus hundreds of loops, one-shots and sounds from industry leaders Big Fish Audio, Lucidsamples and Loopmasters.
- MOTU Performer Lite
Performer Lite provides everything you need to record, edit, mix, process and master your own music tracks quickly and easily. Plug in your mic, guitar and MIDI keyboard and start tracking with over 100 virtual instruments, dozens of effects plug-ins, guitar FX processing and much more.
- Ableton Live Lite
Live 10 Lite is a lightweight version of Ableton Live 10. It comes with all of Live's essential workflows, instruments and effects - everything you need to record songs, create hands-on with your controller, take music made in your apps further and so much more.
- 100+ Virtual Instruments
Performer Lite includes over 100 virtual instruments, including acoustic and electric pianos, guitars, basses, drums, organs synths, orchestral instruments, choirs, world instruments and much more. Take your musical muse wherever it wants to go.
- Loops and sounds
You get 6 GB of free loops and sample packs from leading sample content providers to help you start making music right away. Choose from dozens of musical styles, then drag and drop in your project's timeline to build your track quickly.
- Product Identifiers -MPN: MOTU M4
- Product Specifications -
- 2x mic/line/Hi-Z guitar inputs
- 2x balanced 1/4-inch line inputs
- 4x balanced 1/4-inch TRS out
- 4x RCA analog out (mirrored)
- 1x stereo headphone w/volume
- 1x MIDI in/out
- 120 dB dynamic range on output
- -129 dBu EIN on mic inputs
- Bus-powered USB-C
- Compatible with USB Type A
- Windows driver
- Mac driver (optional)
- iOS compatible (with adapter kit and powered USB hub)
- Plug-and-play operation
- Hardware (direct) monitoring
- Independent 48V phantom power
- Rugged metal construction
- 44.1 to 192 kHz sample rates
- macOS 10.11 or higher
- Windows 7*, 8, 10 or higher
- iOS 9 or higher
Hassle Free Returns
At Motion Media, our goal is to ensure your complete satisfaction with your purchase. If, for whatever reason, you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you may return it to Motion Media within 30 days. Claims for missing items or items damaged in transit must be received within three business days of receipt of merchandise.
Refunds on returned items will be issued in the same payment form as tendered at the time of purchase. If payment was made by credit card, once we receive the product we will credit your account. Please allow 7-10 days for a credit to appear on your credit card statement. If payment was made by check, please allow 10 business days for a refund check to be issued.
Please read all conditions below. If conditions are not met, Motion Media reserves the right to refuse the return or to charge a restocking fee of up to 25%.
How to return or exchange an item:
- In order to return an item you need to first obtain an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number.
- To request an RMA number, please visit our contact page and send us an email with the request.
- To request an RMA number by phone, call Customer Service at 310-450-4000.
- Place the original package into a shipping carton.
- Include the invoice and the reason for the return. If defective, please specify the defect.
- Please do not place stickers or shipping labels on the original manufacturer's package.
- The RMA number must be clearly written on the outer box. If you received a label in the email, print the label and tape it to the carton.
- Ship via insured ground service with a tracking number. Return shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer. We are not responsible for lost or damaged packages.
- Send pre-authorized returns to:
Motion Media, LLC
709 N. Douglas St.
El Segundo, CA 90245
- Alternatively, you may return an item at our office at the above location, with an approved RMA.
- All returned or exchanged items must be in new condition, in the original box, and must include all packing material, blank warranty cards, manuals, and all accessories.
- Motion Media is not responsible for personal data or items left in returned merchandise.
- Defective items may be repaired or exchanged at our discretion for the same model or manufacturer's equivalent model.
- RMA numbers are valid for 10 days.
- Motion Media is not responsible for any consequential or incidental damage resulting from the sale or use of any merchandise bought from us. We are responsible for the monetary value of the merchandise only.
No Return/Exchange On:
- Any Electronically Delivered Software*
- 3D Printers & Accessories
- Custom systems built or modified by Motion Media to customer's specifications
- Educational dvd's and books once unwrapped
- Motion Media Gift Cards are redeemable for merchandise only and may not be redeemed for cash.
*We offer 30 day returns on Autodesk licenses, excluding monthly terms.