The SHOGUN CONNECT from Atomos builds on the ground-breaking SHOGUN product-line. Featuring a brighter screen and multiple recording options, the SHOGUN CONNECT is the first fully integrated product in the CONNECT range. It combines HDR monitoring, RAW recording, and cloud workflows. The SHOGUN CONNECT features a loop through 12G SDI IN and OUT interface with SDI RAW support included and send a signal to multiple devices. ATOMOS AirGlu™ wireless sync timecode technology which enables direct, long-range communication between devices, multiple power options to accommodate a variety of long range on-set scenarios, plus Wi-Fi 6, Gigabit Ethernet, Bluetooth LE, and USB C to ensure flexible, all-round connectivity. The SHOGUN CONNECT transforms professional cinema, mirrorless, and DSLR cameras into fully connected devices that support a range of advanced cloud-based workflows.
Stream from Anywhere
SHOGUN CONNECT supports livestreaming to a range of online services including, Facebook Live, Twitch, and YouTube. With Wi-Fi 6, Gigabit Ethernet, and the ability to join cellular hotspots all built-in, the SHOGUN CONNECT helps filmmakers, streamers and video content producers reach their audience from anywhere.
Collaboration for Everyone
SHOGUN CONNECT is a fully integrated Frame.io Camera to Cloud (C2C) device. Through support of HDMI and SDI equipped cameras, the device offers advanced online workflows and remote collaboration to many more filmmakers, streamers, and video content creators. With Frame.io for Adobe Creative Cloud now part of the Creative Cloud subscription, even more filmmakers will have access to cloud-based workflows.
C2C brings the domains of production and post closer together, enabling new ways for remote teams to collaborate. The dual record feature of the SHOGUN CONNECT creates matching "hero" Apple ProRes, ProRes RAW, Avid DHxHR/HD and "proxy" HEVC (H.265) files simultaneously. Proxy files can also be uploaded during capture using ATOMOS progressive transfer technology so that these files are available in the cloud as soon as recording stops.
Bring Your Own Camera
The 7-inch SHOGUN CONNECT features a new, brighter HDR screen and comprehensive range of built-in interfaces including, loop through 12G SDI IN and OUT for SDI RAW and HDMI to support an expansive range of professional cinema, DSLR and mirrorless cameras. The device also features ATOMOS AirGlu™ technology which enables direct, long-range communication between devices and provides a wireless timecode lock.
Connect to the World
SHOGUN CONNECT enables filmmakers, streamers, and video content producers of every kind to record, monitor, and share their work with an audience from anywhere, easily, and seamlessly.
ATOMOS Cloud Studio
ATOMOS Cloud Studio is a collection of video production services, developed in partnership with MAVIS, which represents a radical innovation for all video creators, streamers, and filmmakers. Cloud Studio will launch in June 2022 with two new cloud-based live video production services for sharing and real-time collaboration. ATOMOS Capture to Cloud uploads files from ATOMOS network connected devices to cloud-based platforms, including Frame.io (an Adobe Company). ATOMOS Stream uses any ATOMOS network enabled device to live stream to popular platforms like Facebook Live, Twitch, YouTube, and more.
- Product Identifiers -MPN
- In The Box -
- SHOGUN CONNECT
- International Power supply
- 7in protective Pouch
- AtomX SSDmini Handle
- MasterCaddy III with screws
- Wifi Antenna with Black caps
- RF antenna
- Antenna storage Pouch
- 3.5mm audio jack to jack cable
- Antenna coloured caps
- Antenna mount covers
- Screen Cloth
- Product Specifications -
- Dimensions (W x H x D mm): 198mm / 7.8" x 133mm / 5.2" x 40mm / 1.57"
- Weight: 730g / 1.6 lbs
- Mount points:
- Top: 1 x 1/4"20 or 3/8" with anti rotational points
- Bottom: 1 x 1/4"20 or 3/8" with anti rotational points
- Right: 1 x 1/4"20 or 3/8" with anti rotational points
- Ambient operating temperature: Up to 40 Degrees Celsius
Construction and Control
- Body: Aluminium alloy chassis with ABS Polycarbonate back plate
- Cooling: Actively controlled fan and heat sink
- Tally light: Yes
- Touch Screen: Yes
- On Unit Buttons: Power button - multi function
- Camera Control: Remote to USB - Z CAM
- Input voltage: 6.2 - 16.8v
- Compatible batteries: 1 x NP-F / L-Series
- DC in connector: Locking DC Jack (5.5mm OD & 2.1mm ID)
- Dtap: Via optional D-Tap to DC cable
- Power On Function: Button On/Off, SW Off
- Fan Control: Record priority modes / Display dim
- Touchscreen: SuperAtom IPS panel (capacitive touch)
- Size: 7"
- Resolution: 1920x1200
- Viewing angle: 178° + H & V
- PPI: 325
- Bit depth: 10-Bit (8+2 FRC)
- Backlight Type: Edge lit
- Brightness (cdm2 / nits): 2000nit +/- 10%
- Aspect ratio: 16:9 Image Display
- Color Gamut: Rec709
- Calibration support: ATOMOS Calibrator with Calibrite ColorChecker Display Pro or ColorChecker Display Plus
- Gamma: Sony SLog / SLog2 / SLog3, Canon CLog / CLog2 / Clog3, Arri Log CEI160 / LogCEI200 / LogCEI250 / LogCEI320 / LogCEI400 / LogCEI500 / LogCEI640 / LogCEI800 / LogCEI1000 / LogCEI1280 / LogCEI1600, Panasonic Vlog, JVC JLog1, Red LogFilm / Log3G10 / Log3G12, FujiFilm Flog, PQ (HDR10), HLG, Nikon N-Log, Z CAM Z-Log2, Olympus OM-Log400 / Flat, Leica L-Log
- Gamut: BT2020, DCI P3, PDCI P3 65, Sony SGamut / SGamut3 / SGamut3.cine / Canon Cinema / DCI P3 / DCI P3+ / BT2020, Panasonic V Gamut, Arri Alexa Wide Gamut Rec709, JVC LS300, Red DragonColor / DragonColor2 / RedColor2 / RedColor3 / RedColor4 / RedWideGamut
- 3D LUT Display: .Cube Format
- 3D LUT Output: Loop out
- 3DLUT 50/50: Yes
- Monitoring Modes: Native / 709 / HLG / PQ / 3D LUT
- HDR output Conversion: HLG / PQ
- Calibration: ATOMOS Calibrator with Calibrite ColorChecker Display Pro or ColorChecker Display Plus
- Display Controls: Backlight, Lift, Gamma, Gain
- AtomHDR: Built in Technical Log to HDR EOTF
- 3D LUTs: Display, monitor and output, Record, Load via SSD
- Legalize: Full to Legal conversion available on Input
- HDMI: 1 x HDMI 2.0
- SDI: 1 x 12G SDI
- Bit Depth: 8 / 10 bit
- Video Chroma Subsampling: YCbCr 420 & 422
- HDR: Yes with HDMI Auto detection
- HDMI: RAW - white balance, Exposure index, Shutter speed/angle, Iris F stop, ISO, Gamma, gamut
- SDI: File Name from Arri, RED. RAW - white balance, Exposure index, Shutter speed/angle, Iris F stop, ISO, Gamma, gamut
- Standard: S/S/T & Rolling
- Via SDI: Red, Arri
- HDMI: 1 x HDMI 2.0
- SDI loop out: 1 x 12G SDI
- SDI Play out: 1 x 12G SDI
- HDR: Yes with Auto detection
- Ethernet: 1GbE RJ45
- Wi-fi: Wi-Fi 6
- Wireless RF: AirGlu™ SYNC Time code Network
- Atomos Cloud: Capture to Cloud, Live Stream
- Cellular: Connect to Hot Spot via Wi-Fi
- RTMP / S: Yes, Destination configured via Atomos Cloud Studio
Video Signal Conversion
- HDMI to SDI: Yes
- SDI to HDMI: Yes
- Audio Quality: 24-Bit / 48kHz
- Audio Codec: PCM
- HDMI: 8ch 24Bit, input dependent
- SDI: 12ch 24Bit, input dependent
- Analogue Audio in: 3.5mm Jack - 5v power
- Analogue Audio Out: 3.5mm Jack
- Headphone out: 3.5mm Jack
- Audio input delay: Frame delay on analogue input
Timecode / Sync
- Embedded: HDMI and SDI
- Time of day: Yes
- Wireless SYNC: AirGlu™ SYNC Time code Network
- RF Network range: 300m
- RF Frequency: Region dependant
- Number of Channels: 12 RF Channels per Region
- Number of RF clients: Region dependant
- Bluetooth Network Range: 10-15m (line of sight)
- Number of BT clients: 6 clients
Resolution and Frame Rates (Record, Monitor & Playback)
- 4k DCI: up to 4Kp60
- 4k UHD: up to 4Kp60
- 2K DCI 2046x1080: up to 2Kp60
- FHD 1920x1080 Progressive: up to 1080p120
- FHD 1920x1080 PsF: only via Pull down to P
- FHD 1920x1080 Interlaced: 1080i50 / 1080i60
- 1280x720p: 60p
- 8K RAW: up to 8Kp30 Via HDMI
- 6K RAW: up to 6Kp60 Via HDMI & 6Kp30 SDI
- 4K RAW: up to 4Kp120 via HDMI / SDI
- 3.5K Anamorphic RAW: up to 3.5Kp60 via HDMI
- 2K RAW: up to 2Kp240 via SDI
- Apple ProRes RAW: up to 12bit 8Kp30 / 4Kp120
- Apple ProRes: HQ / 422 / LT up to 4Kp60
- Avid DNxHD: up to 1080p60
- Avid DNxHR: up to 4Kp60
- H.265: up to 4Kp60 (MOV container)
- Camera to Cloud: Support from Adobe Frame.io
- Gang Control: SYNC record control across devices
- Playlist: Yes, Selected, Favourites or Combined
- Apple ProRes Raw: Yes, recorded clips
- Apple ProRes: HQ / 422 / LT with linear PCM
- Avid DNx: Yes with linear PCM
- H.265: Recorded clips only
- SDR: Native ,709, LUT
- HDR: HLG, PQ Rec2020
- De-Interlace: Selectable mode
- Freeze Frame Overlay: Optional Activation
- Pre-roll record: 8 secs HD / 4 secs 4K ProRes & DNx
- Timelapse: Yes
- Simultaneous proxy record: ProRes RAW / ProRes / DNx with H.265 proxy
- Master Caddy I: No
- SSDmini: Yes
- CFast II: Yes via AtomX CFast Adapter
- Network: Capture to Cloud via Atomos Cloud Studio
- File System: exFAT
- Interface: SATA 3
- Master Caddy III: Yes
On screen tools
- Waveform: 3 sizes
- RGB parade: 3 sizes
- Vector scope: Small / large
- 1x Zoom: Tap to zoom
- 2x Zoom: Tap to zoom
- Focus peaking: Colour and slider for threshold
- False colour: With IRE scale
- Zebra: Customisable
- Isolate color channel: Blue only
- Cine Frame Guides: Preset and Custom
- Social Frame guides: Preset and Custom
- Safe areas: SMPTE frame size - Action and Safe
- Grid markers: 9 grid
- Anamorphic desqueeze: Display 1.25x, 1.33x, 1.5x, 1.8x and 2x
- Display Flip: Vertical
- False Color: With IRE scale
- Frame Grab and Onion Skin Overlay: Lossless PNG 1920x1080
Onboard Signal Processing
- 4K UHD Downscale for HD: Available On loop out
- DCI Crop: Available On loop out
- 8K RAW to 4K Video Loop Out: Available On loop out
- I > P: 2:2 and 3:2
- PSF > P: 2:2 and 3:2
Optional Activation Keys
- SDI RAW: Included Activation
- H.265: Included Activation
- HDMI: Auto HDMI Trigger, Supported Protocols - Canon, Sony, Atomos Open Standard
- SDI: SDI trigger camera selectable
- Serial 2.5mm Jack: LANC control and calibration via optional USB to serial cable
- Bluetooth LE: Via AtomControl App for Monitor Assist Tools
- Wireless RF: AirGlu™ Remote start stop trigger
External Device Control
Cut & Tag
- FCP XML: Yes, with 10 tags
- XML: Apple Final Cut Pro
- Apple ProRes RAW: Apple Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, Avid Media Composer, Grass Valley Edius, ASSIMILATE SCRATCH
- Video Codecs: All NLE applications that support Apple ProRes, Avid DNx and H.265 in .MOV wrapper
- Standard: 1 Year
- Extended: 3 Years
Target use / User
- Mirrorless Cameras: Yes
- Compact Cinema: Yes
- Cinema: Yes
- Director Monitor: Yes
- Games Capture: Yes
- Streaming: Yes
- DIT/Video Village: Yes
- Pro Video: Yes
- Gimbal/Crane: Yes
- Wedding: Yes
Hassle Free Returns
At Motion Media, our goal is to ensure your complete satisfaction with your purchase. If, for whatever reason, you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you may return it to Motion Media within 30 days. Claims for missing items or items damaged in transit must be received within three business days of receipt of merchandise.
Refunds on returned items will be issued in the same payment form as tendered at the time of purchase. If payment was made by credit card, once we receive the product we will credit your account. Please allow 7-10 days for a credit to appear on your credit card statement. If payment was made by check, please allow 10 business days for a refund check to be issued.
Please read all conditions below. If conditions are not met, Motion Media reserves the right to refuse the return or to charge a restocking fee of up to 25%.
How to return or exchange an item:
- In order to return an item you need to first obtain an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number.
- To request an RMA number, please visit our contact page and send us an email with the request.
- To request an RMA number by phone, call Customer Service at 310-450-4000.
- Place the original package into a shipping carton.
- Include the invoice and the reason for the return. If defective, please specify the defect.
- Please do not place stickers or shipping labels on the original manufacturer's package.
- The RMA number must be clearly written on the outer box. If you received a label in the email, print the label and tape it to the carton.
- Ship via insured ground service with a tracking number. Return shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer. We are not responsible for lost or damaged packages.
- Send pre-authorized returns to:
Motion Media, LLC
709 N. Douglas St.
El Segundo, CA 90245
- Alternatively, you may return an item at our office at the above location, with an approved RMA.
- All returned or exchanged items must be in new condition, in the original box, and must include all packing material, blank warranty cards, manuals, and all accessories.
- Motion Media is not responsible for personal data or items left in returned merchandise.
- Defective items may be repaired or exchanged at our discretion for the same model or manufacturer's equivalent model.
- RMA numbers are valid for 10 days.
- Motion Media is not responsible for any consequential or incidental damage resulting from the sale or use of any merchandise bought from us. We are responsible for the monetary value of the merchandise only.
No Return/Exchange On:
- Any Electronically Delivered Software*
- 3D Printers & Accessories
- Custom systems built or modified by Motion Media to customer's specifications
- Educational dvd's and books once unwrapped
- Motion Media Gift Cards are redeemable for merchandise only and may not be redeemed for cash.
*We offer 30 day returns on Autodesk licenses, excluding monthly terms.