Experience fast editing, backups, and transfers with full-throttle speeds of up to 540MB/s. Store high-res source files, images, and video. And enjoy universal compatibility across Mac, Windows, USB-C, and USB 3.0. LaCie Portable SSD is more than a compact external solid state drive. It's reliable, forward momentum in every possible way.
Intense Speed for Intense Workflows
Create content and collaborate confidently with fast SSD speeds.
- Edit straight from your external drive with speeds of up to 540MB/s1
- Transfer an hour of footage in less than a minute1
- Edit multiple streams of 4K video
- Traverse multiple Adobe applications simultaneously
- Collaborate on the spot by moving files fast between your drive and multiple computers
High Capacity to Store High-Res Files
You can store and edit a massive amount of digital content - thousands of RAW photos2, or hours of video3.
Universal Compatibility That Keeps You Going
- Mac and Windows compatible
- Reversible USB-C cable for ultra-fast transfers with USB 3.1 or Thunderbolt™ 3 computers.
- USB 3.0 to USB-C cable for legacy laptops.
Lightweight, Shock Resistant Design
Travel confidently with an external solid state drive that helps move data from point A to point B as quickly, safely, and effortlessly as possible.
- Drop-resistant up to 2 meters (6.5 ft)4
- Only 82g for traveling light
- Only 9mm thick to fit into any pocket or travel bag
- USB-C connector is compatible with USB 3.0
Easy, Customizable Backup
LaCie Toolkit makes it simple to give important files the essential added protection they need.
- Back up on demand with one click
- Schedule daily, weekly, or monthly backups
- Sync files and projects across multiple devices
Edit with Adobe Creative Cloud
Turn raw footage into flawless productions with one free month of Adobe® Creative Cloud® All Apps plan. Explore an entire range of desktop and mobile apps - including Photoshop® and Premiere® Pro - for endless creative possibilities.5
From studio to office to home, life happens - and if disaster strikes and takes your data with it, then recovering it is vital. Rest easy knowing LaCie's in-house data recovery team has your back with a 95% customer satisfaction rating. And if your drive needs replaced, your 3-year warranty promises they'll replace it at no extra cost.
- Data rates may vary depending on operating environment, interface, and disk capacity.
- Based on the average RAW image size of 100MB on a DSLR.
- On average, 1 hour of 4K 30fps compressed footage creates 30GB of data.
- In non-operating mode. Determined by a test that approximates a real-world scenario in which the hard drive remained functional despite aesthetic damage after the product was dropped.
- Eligible for one in-lab data recovery attempt during the term of coverage. For more information, visit the 'Rescue Data Recovery Services' page on the LaCie site.
Hassle Free Returns
At Motion Media, our goal is to ensure your complete satisfaction with your purchase. If, for whatever reason, you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you may return it to Motion Media within 30 days. Claims for missing items or items damaged in transit must be received within three business days of receipt of merchandise.
Refunds on returned items will be issued in the same payment form as tendered at the time of purchase. If payment was made by credit card, once we receive the product we will credit your account. Please allow 7-10 days for a credit to appear on your credit card statement. If payment was made by check, please allow 10 business days for a refund check to be issued.
Please read all conditions below. If conditions are not met, Motion Media reserves the right to refuse the return or to charge a restocking fee of up to 25%.
How to return or exchange an item:
- In order to return an item you need to first obtain an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number.
- To request an RMA number, please visit our contact page and send us an email with the request.
- To request an RMA number by phone, call Customer Service at 310-450-4000.
- Place the original package into a shipping carton.
- Include the invoice and the reason for the return. If defective, please specify the defect.
- Please do not place stickers or shipping labels on the original manufacturer's package.
- The RMA number must be clearly written on the outer box. If you received a label in the email, print the label and tape it to the carton.
- Ship via insured ground service with a tracking number. Return shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer. We are not responsible for lost or damaged packages.
- Send pre-authorized returns to:
Motion Media, LLC
709 N. Douglas St.
El Segundo, CA 90245
- Alternatively, you may return an item at our office at the above location, with an approved RMA.
- All returned or exchanged items must be in new condition, in the original box, and must include all packing material, blank warranty cards, manuals, and all accessories.
- Motion Media is not responsible for personal data or items left in returned merchandise.
- Defective items may be repaired or exchanged at our discretion for the same model or manufacturer's equivalent model.
- RMA numbers are valid for 10 days.
- Motion Media is not responsible for any consequential or incidental damage resulting from the sale or use of any merchandise bought from us. We are responsible for the monetary value of the merchandise only.
No Return/Exchange On:
- Any Electronically Delivered Software*
- 3D Printers & Accessories
- Custom systems built or modified by Motion Media to customer's specifications
- Educational dvd's and books once unwrapped
- Motion Media Gift Cards are redeemable for merchandise only and may not be redeemed for cash.
*We offer 30 day returns on Autodesk licenses, excluding monthly terms.