Designed for Mac Studio with Expansion Bay to Connect Speciality Audio and Video Cards
For many creative professionals, PCIe card expansion is not an option - its a necessity for connecting specialty cards to handle audio and video post-production projects. xMac Studio is a rugged steel 3U rackmount enclosure for securing a Mac Studio with optional PCIe card expansion module in a rack, placing the Mac Studio behind a quick and easy to remove front panel. Sonnet designed the xMac Studio for pro workflow flexibility; a rugged steel enclosure protects the Mac Studio while an expansion bay provides the option for a Sonnet Echo III or Echo I PCIe Card Expansion Module.
Control and Connect - Easy Access to Mac Studio and Optional PCIe Card Expansion Module
Convenient front panel operation allows you turn Mac Studio on with its own dedicated front power button, connect USB devices through a 4-port USB-A hub, and access the computer's front ports and SD card slots. When equipped with an Echo III or Echo I PCIe Card Expansion Module, three rear panel locking thumbscrews allow you to easily pull out and access the module and PCIe cards through the front without removing the front panel. xMac Studio's design enables you to connect and disconnect cables without needing to remove the Mac Studio from the enclosure.
An opening on top of xMac Studio ensures hindrance-free wireless signal access. The xMac Studio is designed to allow normal WiFi and Bluetooth wireless operation in most configurations (depending on rack type and position in rack), so you can use wireless devices and iOS® device control apps.
Go with the Airflow - Supports Mac Studio's Thermal Design
xMac Studio secures your Mac Studio without trapping in recirculating hot rack air, supporting its thermal design to keep it as cool in a rack as out on a desk. Ventilation holes on the enclosure's front panel plus an enclosed chamber beneath the Mac Studio ensures the computer's ability to draw in cool air through its base, while a completely open back enables it to expel warm air out the back unimpeded.
Space for SSD Drives - Secure up to Three Thunderbolt or USB SSD Drives Under the Mac Studio
xMac Studio provides space beneath the computer to house up to three Thunderbolt or USB SSDs (sold separately) up to 3.2 inches wide by 0.75 inch tall. Simply remove the rear access panel, apply the supplied adhesive-backed magnet to the bottom of the SSD, insert the SSD and connect it to the computer, and then reinstall the panel. The space is also suitable for other thin, bus-powered devices.
Road Trip Ready - Workflows on the Go
Do you need to take your workflow on the road? The xMac Studio is a perfect travel solution. Its 16.5-inch mounting depth - plus firm rubber cushions that securely hold your Mac Studio in place during transport - make xMac Studio ideal for use in molded rack cases from Gator Cases, fly racks from SKB Cases, or most any travel rack.
- Compact and Rugged Steel Enclosure for Mac Studio
- Makes Your Mac Studio Road-ready In a 3U RackMount Enclosure
- Expansion Bay for an Echo III or Echo I PCIe Card Expansion Module
- Easy Computer Access - Removable Front Panel
- Front Panel Power Switch and 4-port USB Hub
- Space for Storage - Install Up to Three USB or Thunderbolt SSDs (Sold Separately) Beneath the Mac Studio; An Included Adhesive-based Magnet Secures Them In Place
- Open Slot and Port Access to Mac Studio
- Front to Back Airflow Management
- Ideal for Use In Server Rooms, DITs, Portable Racks, and Shallow Molded Rack Cases
- Mac Studio Compatible
- 2-year Product Warranty
- Free Lifetime Customer Technical Support
- Designed and Made In the USA
- Product Identifiers -MPN: XMAC-STD-0
- In The Box -
- xMac Studio enclosure
- Extension rails for rack depth 16-24 inches
- Two adhesive-backed magnets
Hassle Free Returns
At Motion Media, our goal is to ensure your complete satisfaction with your purchase. If, for whatever reason, you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you may return it to Motion Media within 30 days. Claims for missing items or items damaged in transit must be received within three business days of receipt of merchandise.
Refunds on returned items will be issued in the same payment form as tendered at the time of purchase. If payment was made by credit card, once we receive the product we will credit your account. Please allow 7-10 days for a credit to appear on your credit card statement. If payment was made by check, please allow 10 business days for a refund check to be issued.
Please read all conditions below. If conditions are not met, Motion Media reserves the right to refuse the return or to charge a restocking fee of up to 25%.
How to return or exchange an item:
- In order to return an item you need to first obtain an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number.
- To request an RMA number, please visit our contact page and send us an email with the request.
- To request an RMA number by phone, call Customer Service at 310-450-4000.
- Place the original package into a shipping carton.
- Include the invoice and the reason for the return. If defective, please specify the defect.
- Please do not place stickers or shipping labels on the original manufacturer's package.
- The RMA number must be clearly written on the outer box. If you received a label in the email, print the label and tape it to the carton.
- Ship via insured ground service with a tracking number. Return shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer. We are not responsible for lost or damaged packages.
- Send pre-authorized returns to:
Motion Media, LLC
709 N. Douglas St.
El Segundo, CA 90245
- Alternatively, you may return an item at our office at the above location, with an approved RMA.
- All returned or exchanged items must be in new condition, in the original box, and must include all packing material, blank warranty cards, manuals, and all accessories.
- Motion Media is not responsible for personal data or items left in returned merchandise.
- Defective items may be repaired or exchanged at our discretion for the same model or manufacturer's equivalent model.
- RMA numbers are valid for 10 days.
- Motion Media is not responsible for any consequential or incidental damage resulting from the sale or use of any merchandise bought from us. We are responsible for the monetary value of the merchandise only.
No Return/Exchange On:
- Any Electronically Delivered Software*
- 3D Printers & Accessories
- Custom systems built or modified by Motion Media to customer's specifications
- Educational dvd's and books once unwrapped
- Motion Media Gift Cards are redeemable for merchandise only and may not be redeemed for cash.
*We offer 30 day returns on Autodesk licenses, excluding monthly terms.