V-Ray for MODO seamlessly integrates production-proven rendering capabilities into MODO's native workflow. Choose between multicore CPU and GPU-accelerated rendering for complete creative control and fast results. Built to handle the toughest projects and biggest scenes, V-Ray for MODO will fit into any production pipeline. See why top artists and designers rely on V-Ray every day to create award-winning designs and visual effects.
- Powerful CPU rendering
Render photoreal images and animations with V-Ray's highly-optimized, adaptive ray tracing technology.
- Incredibly fast GPU rendering
Get an added speed boost with GPU-accelerated look development and final frame rendering.
- Distributed rendering
Leverage the full power of multiple computers working together to render a single frame.
- V-Ray Denoiser
Automatically remove noise and cut render times by up to 50%.
- Global Illumination
Choose from ray traced or hybrid GI methods for the right balance of quality and speed.
- Accurate lights
Render accurate and artistic lighting with a wide range of light types, shapes and controls.
- Physical materials
Create node-based physical materials with multiple layers, and add GTR/ GGX highlights for great looking reflections.
- Unique shaders
For specialized materials, choose from a selection of purpose-built shaders for car paint, subsurface scattering, hair, skin and more.
- Ray traced rounded corners
Generate perfectly smooth edges at render-time with no extra modeling.
- Triplanar mapping
Quickly apply seamless textures without UVs.
- Photoreal cameras
Simulate any camera and lens with controls for exposure, depth of field and motion blur.
- Virtual Reality
Render VR-ready content for popular virtual reality headsets.
- Proxy objects
Fit massive scenes in memory and cut render times using load-on-demand proxy objects.
- V-Ray scene exchange
Import ready-to-render V-Ray scene files exported from V-Ray for 3ds Max.
- Hair & fur
Import Alembic hair and fur as proxy geometry and render using V-Ray's optimized hair shader.
- V-Ray Clipper
Create complex cutaways and sections by subtracting any mesh object.
- Volume rendering
Render optimized volumetric effects and import OpenVDB files from Realflow and Houdini.
- Render elements
Output a complete set of beauty, utility and matte passes for total control in compositing - including deep compositing.
- V-Ray Frame Buffer
Track render history, adjust colors and control final image output using advanced color management.
Release Date: 5/30/2017
- Support for the MODO 11 series
- MODO Textures
- Support for the Process texture
- Added the ability to "enhance" part of the image while rendering in RT. The functionality can be accessed by right-clicking on the image in the VFB or from the En icon in the V-Ray toolbar.
- Added the ability to select materials and/or geometry items during RT by clicking on the rendered image in the VFB
- Added the ability to pick the focus distance and change defocus amount and shutter speed directly in the VFB
- Ctrl + Shift + Left-click to pick focus distance.
- Ctrl + Shift + Mouse Wheel to change defocus amount.
- Ctrl + Mouse Wheel to change shutter speed.
- Added the ability to isolate selected textures or their effects
- RT GPU
- The 3.5 GPU core adds support for:
- Adaptive Lights
- V-Ray Clipper (only in non-mesh mode)
- Shadow Catcher
- V-Ray Aerial Perspective
- V-Ray Stochastic Flakes material
- Directional channel of Area Light
- V-Ray Render Mask
- Velocity render element
- V-Ray Geometry
- Added the V-Ray .vrscene reference item
- V-Ray Materials
- Added Open Shading Language (OSL) material
- V-Ray Textures
- Added Open Shading Language (OSL) texture
Full release notes can be found in the 'Help Docs' section of the Chaos Group website.
- Product Identifiers -MPN: V-Ray 3.x for MODO
- In The Box -
- One (1) V-Ray for MODO Workstation License (GUI + Render Node)
Hassle Free Returns
At Motion Media, our goal is to ensure your complete satisfaction with your purchase. If, for whatever reason, you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you may return it to Motion Media within 30 days. Claims for missing items or items damaged in transit must be received within three business days of receipt of merchandise.
Refunds on returned items will be issued in the same payment form as tendered at the time of purchase. If payment was made by credit card, once we receive the product we will credit your account. Please allow 7-10 days for a credit to appear on your credit card statement. If payment was made by check, please allow 10 business days for a refund check to be issued.
Please read all conditions below. If conditions are not met, Motion Media reserves the right to refuse the return or to charge a restocking fee of up to 25%.
How to return or exchange an item:
- In order to return an item you need to first obtain an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number.
- To request an RMA number, please visit our contact page and send us an email with the request.
- To request an RMA number by phone, call Customer Service at 310-450-4000.
- Place the original package into a shipping carton.
- Include the invoice and the reason for the return. If defective, please specify the defect.
- Please do not place stickers or shipping labels on the original manufacturer's package.
- The RMA number must be clearly written on the outer box. If you received a label in the email, print the label and tape it to the carton.
- Ship via insured ground service with a tracking number. Return shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer. We are not responsible for lost or damaged packages.
- Send pre-authorized returns to:
Motion Media, LLC
709 N. Douglas St.
El Segundo, CA 90245
- Alternatively, you may return an item at our office at the above location, with an approved RMA.
- All returned or exchanged items must be in new condition, in the original box, and must include all packing material, blank warranty cards, manuals, and all accessories.
- Motion Media is not responsible for personal data or items left in returned merchandise.
- Defective items may be repaired or exchanged at our discretion for the same model or manufacturer's equivalent model.
- RMA numbers are valid for 10 days.
- Motion Media is not responsible for any consequential or incidental damage resulting from the sale or use of any merchandise bought from us. We are responsible for the monetary value of the merchandise only.
No Return/Exchange On:
- Any Electronically Delivered Software*
- 3D Printers & Accessories
- Custom systems built or modified by Motion Media to customer's specifications
- Educational dvd's and books once unwrapped
- Motion Media Gift Cards are redeemable for merchandise only and may not be redeemed for cash.
*We offer 30 day returns on Autodesk licenses, excluding monthly terms.