Chaos Group V-Ray 3.x for Maya
Get the best prices on Autodesk products, hands down.
Due to manufacturer's restrictions, we're not allowed to advertise discounted pricing. To see the best price we can offer click the get quote button and one of our Autodesk experts will send you a customized price quote.
Most Open Box items are like new.
Open Box items at Motion Media are typically units that cannot be considered "New", including, but not limited to:
- demo units
- returned units
- brand new units that show wear to the exterior packaging from handling
- manufacturer refurbished units
Please call for details on this item before purchasing
This item is purchased from a non-US vendor. Due to fluctuating currency exchange rates, we strongly advise you to get a quote before purchasing. The price may be lower than listed here.
Call us at (310) 450-4000 or
contact us via email.
Get 0% Interest
Pay this off over 12 months!
Motion Media offers a 12 month, 0 interest payment plan for all items over $1k. Offer is available nationwide to business and individuals*.
Please call for details. 888-542-8941
Ask an expert
Not sure what you need or if you're looking at the right product?
Built to meet the creative demands of CG artists and modern production pipelines, V-Ray for Maya is a full suite of physically-based lighting, shading and rendering tools tightly integrated into Autodesk Maya. V-Ray for Maya focuses on artist productivity and delivers a powerful new set of features and improvements to speed up lighting, look development and rendering workflows.
V-Ray for Maya Key Features
- Faster Ray Tracing and Rendering Performance - V-Ray includes a number of overall speedups, and the new optimized ray tracing core performs significantly faster.
- Faster Feedback - The new Progressive Image Sampler delivers instant feedback to artists and makes lighting and look development quicker and more intuitive.
- More Powerful V-Ray RT - New in V-Ray 3.x, V-Ray RT renders directly in the Maya viewport and supports final frame rendering and animated sequences.
- V-Ray RT CPU uses the new Progressive Image Sampler and supports a full range of production features.
- V-Ray RT GPU now supports Render Elements.
- Advanced Characters and Creatures - Improvements to character and creature workflows include optimized Hair and Fur, improved Subsurface Scattering and a new VRaySkinMtl shader.
- Color Accurate Workflows - An improved V-Ray Frame Buffer adds Lens Effects and advanced color corrections for White Balance, Contrast, Hue, Saturation and Color Balance. The VFB is now dockable and supports LUTs, ICC, and OpenColorIO color management profiles.
- Volume Rendering - V-Ray 3.x includes optimized Phoenix FD volume shaders to render all types of volumetric effects including fluids, fire, smoke and heat haze. OpenVDB grids and Field3D voxel data can be imported and rendered as surfaces or volumes using the new VRayVolumeGrid node.
- Production-Focused Tools - V-Ray 3.x is designed to give artists more control and flexibility. New time-saving tools include Max Ray Intensity to clamp secondary rays, Probabilistic Light Sampling which determines optimized sampling based on lighting contributions, and Render Mask to specify exact render regions using an object selection or image mask.
- Pipeline Compatibility and Support for Open Standards
- Alembic 1.5 for data interchange
- GLSL for OpenGL shaders
- OpenColorIO for accurate color management
- OpenEXR 2.2 and Deep Images
- OpenSubdiv including support for creases
- OpenVDB and Field3D for volumes
- OSL for programmable shaders
- Ptex for UV-less workflows
- UDIM and UVTILE for advanced texture workflows
Version: 3.6, released 09/12/2017
- Now compatible with Maya 2018
- Hybrid Rendering
V-Ray GPU CUDA now renders on CPUs as well as GPUs, to take full advantage of all available hardware.
- Full Light Select Render Element
Render individual lights or groups of lights as separate render elements, with full support for global illumination, reflections and refractions for accurate light mixing in post.
Automatically generate ID mattes with support for transparency, depth of field and motion blur. This will speed up workflows for compositors working in NUKE or Fusion.
- NVIDIA NVLink
Supports shared GPU memory across NVLink compatible graphics cards.
- MDL Materials
NVIDIA's universal material format is now supported in V-Ray for Maya, allowing designers to apply MDL materials authored in programs like Substance Designer to their assets and scenes.
- Viewport 2.0 improvements
V-Ray lights can now illuminate objects in Viewport 2.0, making light setup much easier. Direct support for environmental reflections and V-Ray materials have also been added.
In The Box
- One (1) V-Ray for Maya Workstation License (GUI + Render Node)