The Blackmagic Design UltraStudio HD Mini features professional broadcast quality connections that include 3G-SDI, analog YUV and composite NTSC/PAL video inputs, along with a reference input. There are also two 1/4" audio connections for analog audio input that work with balanced and HiFi sources. In addition, UltraStudio HD Mini can remote control professional broadcast decks using the built in RS-422 connection. For output, you get dual link 3G-SDI with fill and key, and an HDMI connection for monitoring video with a big screen television!
- Product Identifiers -MPN
- In The Box -
- UltraStudio HD Mini
- SD card with software and manual
- DaVinci Resolve SD card
- Product Specifications -
- SDI Video Inputs
1 x 3Gb/s SD/HD switchable.
- SDI Video Outputs
2 x 3Gb/s SD/HD switchable, supports fill and key.
- SDI Rates
270Mb, 1.5G, 3G
- Optical SDI
- HDMI Video Inputs
- HDMI Video Outputs
1 x HDMI 1.4b type A connector.
- Analog Video Inputs
Y, B-Y, R-Y/NTSC/PAL.
- Analog Video Outputs
- Analog Audio Inputs
2 x 1/4 inch jack connectors for balanced and unbalanced analog audio.
- Analog Audio Outputs
None, embedded audio only.
- SDI Audio Inputs
16 Channels embedded in SD and HD.
- SDI Audio Outputs
16 Channels embedded in SD and HD.
- HDMI Audio Outputs
2 Channels embedded in SD and HD.
- Timecode Connection
None. RP-188 only.
- Reference Input
Tri-Sync or Black Burst.
- AVC-Intra, AVCHD, Canon XF MPEG2, Digital SLR, DV-NTSC, DV-PAL, DVCPRO50, DVCPROHD, DPX, HDV, XDCAM EX, XDCAM HD, XDCAM HD422, DNxHD, DNxHR, Apple ProRes 4444, Apple ProRes 422 HQ, Apple ProRes 422, Apple ProRes LT, Apple ProRes 422 Proxy, Uncompressed 8-bit 4:2:2, Uncompressed 10?bit 4:2:2.
- Software Included
Media Express, Disk Speed Test, LiveKey, Blackmagic Desktop Video Utility and Blackmagic driver on Mac and Windows. Media Express, Blackmagic Desktop Video Utility and Blackmagic driver on Linux.
- Internal Software Upgrade
Firmware built into software driver. Software driver loads upgrades at system start or via updater software.
- DaVinci Resolve
- Final Cut Pro X
- Adobe Premiere Pro CC
- Avid Media Composer
- Adobe After Effects CC
- Avid Pro Tools
- Steinberg Cubase
- Steinberg Nuendo
- Adobe Photoshop CC
Other supported applications include:
The Foundry Nuke, Grass Valley Edius, Sony Catalyst Production Suite, Tools On Air Just: Play & Live & In, Softron MovieRecorder & MReplay, Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder, Telestream Wirecast, Livestream Producer, Resolume Arena, Magix Vegas Pro & Movie Edit Pro Premium, Corel VideoStudio Pro, CyberLink PowerDirector, Vidblaster X & Studio & Broadcast, Uniplay One & CG, CasparCG Server, Magicsoft CG, Xsplit Broadcaster, Imagine Communications Velocity & InfoCaster, DevTek Easy Media Suite, Metus Ingest, Boinx Software MimoLive, Cinegy Capture Pro, vMix Live, Renewed Vision ProPresenter, Ventuz Director, Class X Liveboard & Coral CG, Glookast Capturer, Open Broadcaster Software Studio, Nautilus NEMO3D.
- SD Video Standards
525i59.94 NTSC, 625i50 PAL
- HD Video Standards
- 720p50, 720p59.94, 720p60
- 1080p23.98, 1080p24, 1080p25, 1080p29.97, 1080p30, 1080p50, 1080p59.94, 1080p60
- 1080PsF23.98, 1080PsF24, 1080PsF25, 1080PsF29.97, 1080PsF30
- 1080i50, 1080i59.94, 1080i60
- 2K Video Standards
2K DCI 23.98p, 2K DCI 24p, 2K DCI 25p, 2K DCI 23.98PsF, 2K DCI 24PsF, 2K DCI 25PsF
- Ultra HD Video Standards
- 4K Video Standards
- SDI Compliance
SMPTE 259M, SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 296M, SMPTE 372M and SMPTE 425M A/B.
- SDI Metadata Support
RP 188/SMPTE 12M-2 and closed captioning.
- Audio Sampling
Television rate of 48kHz and 24 bit.
- SDI Video Sampling
- Color Space
REC 601, REC 709.
- HDMI Resolution
Pixel for pixel HD resolution input from connected device.
- Multiple Rate support
SDI and HDMI video connections are switchable between standard definition and high definition. SDI switches between 270 Mb/s, 1.5 Gb/s and 3 Gb/s.
Hardware Frame Buffer
- v210 (10 bit YUV), 2vuy (8 bit YUV), ARGB, BGRA (8 bit RGB), r210 (10 bit RGB), R12B,R12L (12 bit RGB).
- 8, 10, 12-bit RGB 4:4:4 up to 1080p30, and 8, 10-bit YUV 4:2:2 in all standards.
- 1 x Thunderbolt™ 3 for Mac and Windows. Powers from Thunderbolt host computer, includes Blackmagic Desktop Video SDK.
- Built in Control Panel
None. Supports Teranex Mini Smart Panel with 2.2 inch color display for video preview, audio meters and status.
- Device Control
1 x RS-422 deck control.
- Colorspace Conversion
Hardware based real time.
- HD Down Conversion
Real time 10-bit hardware down conversion on SDI B output when working in HD video formats on playback. Selectable between letterbox, anamorphic 16:9 and center cut 4:3 styles.
- Real Time Effects
Final Cut Pro X internal effects. Premiere Pro CC Mercury Playback Engine effects. Avid Media Composer internal effects. DaVinci Resolve.
- Physical Installation
Requires computer with a Thunderbolt™ 3 USB-C port. Please check support pages to see the full system requirements.
- Mac 10.13 High Sierra, Mac 10.14 Mojave or later
- Windows 7, 8.1 and 10, all 64-bit
- Powered by Thunderbolt cable. Requires computer with a Thunderbolt™ 3 USB-C port.
- Operating Temperature
5° to 40° C (32° to 104° F)
- Storage Temperature
-20° to 45° C (-4° to 113° F)
- Relative Humidity
0% to 90% non-condensing
Hassle Free Returns
At Motion Media, our goal is to ensure your complete satisfaction with your purchase. If, for whatever reason, you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you may return it to Motion Media within 30 days. Claims for missing items or items damaged in transit must be received within three business days of receipt of merchandise.
Refunds on returned items will be issued in the same payment form as tendered at the time of purchase. If payment was made by credit card, once we receive the product we will credit your account. Please allow 7-10 days for a credit to appear on your credit card statement. If payment was made by check, please allow 10 business days for a refund check to be issued.
Please read all conditions below. If conditions are not met, Motion Media reserves the right to refuse the return or to charge a restocking fee of up to 25%.
How to return or exchange an item:
- In order to return an item you need to first obtain an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number.
- To request an RMA number, please visit our contact page and send us an email with the request.
- To request an RMA number by phone, call Customer Service at 310-450-4000.
- Place the original package into a shipping carton.
- Include the invoice and the reason for the return. If defective, please specify the defect.
- Please do not place stickers or shipping labels on the original manufacturer's package.
- The RMA number must be clearly written on the outer box. If you received a label in the email, print the label and tape it to the carton.
- Ship via insured ground service with a tracking number. Return shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer. We are not responsible for lost or damaged packages.
- Send pre-authorized returns to:
Motion Media, LLC
709 N. Douglas St.
El Segundo, CA 90245
- Alternatively, you may return an item at our office at the above location, with an approved RMA.
- All returned or exchanged items must be in new condition, in the original box, and must include all packing material, blank warranty cards, manuals, and all accessories.
- Motion Media is not responsible for personal data or items left in returned merchandise.
- Defective items may be repaired or exchanged at our discretion for the same model or manufacturer's equivalent model.
- RMA numbers are valid for 10 days.
- Motion Media is not responsible for any consequential or incidental damage resulting from the sale or use of any merchandise bought from us. We are responsible for the monetary value of the merchandise only.
No Return/Exchange On:
- Any Electronically Delivered Software*
- 3D Printers & Accessories
- Custom systems built or modified by Motion Media to customer's specifications
- Educational dvd's and books once unwrapped
- Motion Media Gift Cards are redeemable for merchandise only and may not be redeemed for cash.
*We offer 30 day returns on Autodesk licenses, excluding monthly terms.