The Blackmagic Design SmartView Duo features two large independent eight inch LCD screens in a compact rack mount design. SmartView Duo handles SD, HD and 3Gb/s SDI video standards. SmartView Duo is perfect for post production, broadcast and live event monitoring. For easy setup, all screens can be remotely adjusted via ethernet connection. Because SmartView Duo is affordable, and supports most SDI video standards, from SD, HD and even 2K, it's the perfect solution to install anywhere customers need more monitoring. SmartView Duo is designed to be used for broadcast as well as post production so it includes support for more SDI video standards, including all SD, HD and 3 Gb/s SDI formats. SmartView Duo allows firmware updating so it's easy to upgrade to new SDI video formats when they are invented, and updates are free from the Blackmagic Design web site. SmartView Duo includes new advanced video standards used in post production, including 1080 progressive HD rates and even 2K SDI over 3 Gb/s SDI video. All video formats can be connected and changed, because SmartView Duo automatically changes in less than a second to the new format.
SmartView Duo Features
- 2 independent 8 inch LCD displays in a 3 rack unit size chassis, less than 1 inch thick.
- SDI/HD-SDI/3G-SDI input for each monitor, with re-clocked loop outputs.
- Ethernet input with loop output for connecting to computers for central adjustments.
- Tally input for each monitor allowing red, green or blue tally indication.
- Control software panel included free for Widows and Mac OS X.
- Full 10 bit data path and image scaling for high quality displays.
- Idea for use in broadcast, post production and camera monitoring for switchers.
LCD Screens and RGB Tally
SmartView and SmartScope monitors feature super clear LCD screens with tally so it's the perfect solution for live broadcasts. Unlike a simple tally light, SmartView includes tally borders displayed in green, red or blue to signify preview, on air, or recording. This means during live production you will always know when you are recording or on-air, or you can see which camera is cued up on your switcher's preview output. Tally is connected via an industry standard parallel pin connector on the rear panel so you get full compatibility with switchers or automation systems.
Optimize viewing angle
In busy production facilities such as television stations and post production houses, racks are often packed with video and audio equipment. This means you may need to install SmartView monitors in the extreme top or bottom of equipment racks. SmartView monitors are designed to compensate because the LCDs can be easily rotated for the optimum viewing angle. The SmartView monitor will automatically sense the rotation angle of the screen and flip the image to the correct rotation. You can even remove the front panel and rotate it 180 degrees if required!
Central Ethernet Control
Now you can control all your monitors from a single location and make sure all your monitors match each other for a consistent look and an accurate display of the image. Simply connect SmartView to your Ethernet network and use the included Mac and Windows SmartView Utility software to adjust all your monitors. The SmartView Utility uses the common networking software, Bonjour, to automatically find all the monitors installed on your network and display them in a list for you to select. You can even plug direct into the monitor using USB to setup ethernet settings. You can save monitor settings, or copy settings from one monitor to another to make setup fast. When you're working with lots of monitors, SmartView Utility even includes an identify mode to help you find the monitor you want to adjust! All adjustments are set digitally which means SmartView monitors won't suffer from drift over time or during travel!
SmartView HD is designed to be used for broadcast as well as post production so it includes support for more SDI video standards, including all SD, HD and 3 Gb/s SDI formats. SmartView HD allows firmware updating so it's easy to upgrade to new SDI video formats when they are invented, and updates are free from the Blackmagic Design web site. SmartView HD includes new advanced video standards used in post production, including 1080 progressive HD rates and even 2K SDI over 3 Gb/s SDI video. All video formats can be connected and changed, because SmartView HD automatically changes in less than a second to the new format.
- Product Identifiers -MPN: HDL-SMTVDUO2
- In The Box -
- SmartView Duo
- Power Supply
- SD card with software and manual
- Product Specifications -
- SDI Video Output
- Automatically switches between SD, HD and 3G-SDI. Reclocked loop through output.
- Multi Rate Support
- Auto detection of 2K, HD or standard definition inputs.
- Updates and Configuration
- Via USB 2.0 high speed (480 Mb/s)
- 10/100 BaseT with loop through.
- 9-pin D connector
- SDI Format Support
- 525i59.94, 625i50, 720p50, 720p59.94, 720p60, 1080i50, 1080i59.94, 1080i60, 1080PsF23.98, 1080PsF24, 1080PsF25, 1080PsF29.97, 1080PsF30, 1080p23.98, 1080p24, 1080p25, 1080p29.97,1080p30, 1080p50, 1080p59.94, 1080p60, 2048 x 1080p/23.98, 2048 x 1080p/24, 2048 x 1080p/25, 2048 x 1080PsF/23.98, 2048 x 1080PsF/24, 2048 x 1080PsF/25, 2048 x 1556PsF/23.98, 2048 x 1556PsF/24, 2048 x 1556PsF/25.
- SDI Auto Switching
- Automatically selects between SD, HD and 3 Gb/s SDI.
- SDI Color Space
- REC 601, REC 709
- SDI Compliance
- SMPTE 259M, SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 296M, SMPTE 372M, SMPTE 424M Level B and SMPTE 425M.
- Video Sampling
- 4:2:2 and 4:4:4
- Display Element
- TFT Active Matrix LCD.
- Display Resolution
- 800 x 480 pixels
- Color Depth
- 16.7 Million Colors.
- < 15 ms
- Contrast Ratio
- Typically 500:1
- Display Orientation
- Displays can rotate upside down for optimum viewing angle.
- Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks, Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite or later.
- Windows 7 or Windows 8.
- 12V - 15V DC / <20 WattsW Power consumption
- 12V universal power supply included with international socket adapters for all countries.
- 12 Months Limited Manufacturer's Warranty.
Hassle Free Returns
At Motion Media, our goal is to ensure your complete satisfaction with your purchase. If, for whatever reason, you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you may return it to Motion Media within 30 days. Claims for missing items or items damaged in transit must be received within three business days of receipt of merchandise.
Refunds on returned items will be issued in the same payment form as tendered at the time of purchase. If payment was made by credit card, once we receive the product we will credit your account. Please allow 7-10 days for a credit to appear on your credit card statement. If payment was made by check, please allow 10 business days for a refund check to be issued.
Please read all conditions below. If conditions are not met, Motion Media reserves the right to refuse the return or to charge a restocking fee of up to 25%.
How to return or exchange an item:
- In order to return an item you need to first obtain an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number.
- To request an RMA number, please visit our contact page and send us an email with the request.
- To request an RMA number by phone, call Customer Service at 310-450-4000.
- Place the original package into a shipping carton.
- Include the invoice and the reason for the return. If defective, please specify the defect.
- Please do not place stickers or shipping labels on the original manufacturer's package.
- The RMA number must be clearly written on the outer box. If you received a label in the email, print the label and tape it to the carton.
- Ship via insured ground service with a tracking number. Return shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer. We are not responsible for lost or damaged packages.
- Send pre-authorized returns to:
Motion Media, LLC
709 N. Douglas St.
El Segundo, CA 90245
- Alternatively, you may return an item at our office at the above location, with an approved RMA.
- All returned or exchanged items must be in new condition, in the original box, and must include all packing material, blank warranty cards, manuals, and all accessories.
- Motion Media is not responsible for personal data or items left in returned merchandise.
- Defective items may be repaired or exchanged at our discretion for the same model or manufacturer's equivalent model.
- RMA numbers are valid for 10 days.
- Motion Media is not responsible for any consequential or incidental damage resulting from the sale or use of any merchandise bought from us. We are responsible for the monetary value of the merchandise only.
No Return/Exchange On:
- Any Electronically Delivered Software*
- 3D Printers & Accessories
- Custom systems built or modified by Motion Media to customer's specifications
- Educational dvd's and books once unwrapped
- Motion Media Gift Cards are redeemable for merchandise only and may not be redeemed for cash.
*We offer 30 day returns on Autodesk licenses, excluding monthly terms.