Blackmagic Design SmartView Duo 2 Dual 8" LCD SDI Monitor
Get the best prices on Autodesk products, hands down.
Due to manufacturer's restrictions, we're not allowed to advertise discounted pricing. To see the best price we can offer click the get quote button and one of our Autodesk experts will send you a customized price quote.
Most Open Box items are like new.
Open Box items at Motion Media are typically units that cannot be considered "New", including, but not limited to:
- demo units
- returned units
- brand new units that show wear to the exterior packaging from handling
- manufacturer refurbished units
Please call for details on this item before purchasing
This item is purchased from a non-US vendor. Due to fluctuating currency exchange rates, we strongly advise you to get a quote before purchasing. The price may be lower than listed here.
Call us at (310) 450-4000 or
contact us via email.
Get 0% Interest
Pay this off over 12 months!
Motion Media offers a 12 month, 0 interest payment plan for all items over $1k. Offer is available nationwide to business and individuals*.
Please call for details. 888-542-8941
Ask an expert
Not sure what you need or if you're looking at the right product?
The Blackmagic Design SmartView Duo features two large independent eight inch LCD screens in a compact rack mount design. SmartView Duo handles SD, HD and 3Gb/s SDI video standards. SmartView Duo is perfect for post production, broadcast and live event monitoring. For easy setup, all screens can be remotely adjusted via ethernet connection. Because SmartView Duo is affordable, and supports most SDI video standards, from SD, HD and even 2K, it's the perfect solution to install anywhere customers need more monitoring. SmartView Duo is designed to be used for broadcast as well as post production so it includes support for more SDI video standards, including all SD, HD and 3 Gb/s SDI formats. SmartView Duo allows firmware updating so it's easy to upgrade to new SDI video formats when they are invented, and updates are free from the Blackmagic Design web site. SmartView Duo includes new advanced video standards used in post production, including 1080 progressive HD rates and even 2K SDI over 3 Gb/s SDI video. All video formats can be connected and changed, because SmartView Duo automatically changes in less than a second to the new format.
SmartView Duo Features
- 2 independent 8 inch LCD displays in a 3 rack unit size chassis, less than 1 inch thick.
- SDI/HD-SDI/3G-SDI input for each monitor, with re-clocked loop outputs.
- Ethernet input with loop output for connecting to computers for central adjustments.
- Tally input for each monitor allowing red, green or blue tally indication.
- Control software panel included free for Widows and Mac OS X.
- Full 10 bit data path and image scaling for high quality displays.
- Idea for use in broadcast, post production and camera monitoring for switchers.
LCD Screens and RGB Tally
SmartView and SmartScope monitors feature super clear LCD screens with tally so it's the perfect solution for live broadcasts. Unlike a simple tally light, SmartView includes tally borders displayed in green, red or blue to signify preview, on air, or recording. This means during live production you will always know when you are recording or on-air, or you can see which camera is cued up on your switcher's preview output. Tally is connected via an industry standard parallel pin connector on the rear panel so you get full compatibility with switchers or automation systems.
Optimize viewing angle
In busy production facilities such as television stations and post production houses, racks are often packed with video and audio equipment. This means you may need to install SmartView monitors in the extreme top or bottom of equipment racks. SmartView monitors are designed to compensate because the LCDs can be easily rotated for the optimum viewing angle. The SmartView monitor will automatically sense the rotation angle of the screen and flip the image to the correct rotation. You can even remove the front panel and rotate it 180 degrees if required!
Central Ethernet Control
Now you can control all your monitors from a single location and make sure all your monitors match each other for a consistent look and an accurate display of the image. Simply connect SmartView to your Ethernet network and use the included Mac and Windows SmartView Utility software to adjust all your monitors. The SmartView Utility uses the common networking software, Bonjour, to automatically find all the monitors installed on your network and display them in a list for you to select. You can even plug direct into the monitor using USB to setup ethernet settings. You can save monitor settings, or copy settings from one monitor to another to make setup fast. When you're working with lots of monitors, SmartView Utility even includes an identify mode to help you find the monitor you want to adjust! All adjustments are set digitally which means SmartView monitors won't suffer from drift over time or during travel!
SmartView HD is designed to be used for broadcast as well as post production so it includes support for more SDI video standards, including all SD, HD and 3 Gb/s SDI formats. SmartView HD allows firmware updating so it's easy to upgrade to new SDI video formats when they are invented, and updates are free from the Blackmagic Design web site. SmartView HD includes new advanced video standards used in post production, including 1080 progressive HD rates and even 2K SDI over 3 Gb/s SDI video. All video formats can be connected and changed, because SmartView HD automatically changes in less than a second to the new format.
- Product Identifiers -MPN: HDL-SMTVDUO2
- In The Box -
- SmartView Duo
- Power Supply
- SD card with software and manual
- Product Specifications -
- SDI Video Output
- Automatically switches between SD, HD and 3G-SDI. Reclocked loop through output.
- Multi Rate Support
- Auto detection of 2K, HD or standard definition inputs.
- Updates and Configuration
- Via USB 2.0 high speed (480 Mb/s)
- 10/100 BaseT with loop through.
- 9-pin D connector
- SDI Format Support
- 525i59.94, 625i50, 720p50, 720p59.94, 720p60, 1080i50, 1080i59.94, 1080i60, 1080PsF23.98, 1080PsF24, 1080PsF25, 1080PsF29.97, 1080PsF30, 1080p23.98, 1080p24, 1080p25, 1080p29.97,1080p30, 1080p50, 1080p59.94, 1080p60, 2048 x 1080p/23.98, 2048 x 1080p/24, 2048 x 1080p/25, 2048 x 1080PsF/23.98, 2048 x 1080PsF/24, 2048 x 1080PsF/25, 2048 x 1556PsF/23.98, 2048 x 1556PsF/24, 2048 x 1556PsF/25.
- SDI Auto Switching
- Automatically selects between SD, HD and 3 Gb/s SDI.
- SDI Color Space
- REC 601, REC 709
- SDI Compliance
- SMPTE 259M, SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 296M, SMPTE 372M, SMPTE 424M Level B and SMPTE 425M.
- Video Sampling
- 4:2:2 and 4:4:4
- Display Element
- TFT Active Matrix LCD.
- Display Resolution
- 800 x 480 pixels
- Color Depth
- 16.7 Million Colors.
- < 15 ms
- Contrast Ratio
- Typically 500:1
- Display Orientation
- Displays can rotate upside down for optimum viewing angle.
- Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks, Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite or later.
- Windows 7 or Windows 8.
- 12V - 15V DC / <20 WattsW Power consumption
- 12V universal power supply included with international socket adapters for all countries.
- 12 Months Limited Manufacturer's Warranty.