DeckLink Mini Recorder 4K is a low profile PCI Express capture card, featuring 6G-SDI and the latest HDMI 2.0a connections so you can record all formats up to 2160p30 on your computer! The SDI and HDMI inputs automatically detect and switch between all video formats. You even get high dynamic range recording and metadata over HDMI. The Blackmagic Design DeckLink Mini Recorder 4K is perfect for integrating into mobile live capture environments, broadcast trucks and more! You can even develop your own custom capture solutions using the Blackmagic Desktop Video SDK for Mac OS, Windows and Linux! Includes two PCI Express shields for both full height and low profile slots.
- Editing and Acquisition
DeckLink works with the world's most popular editing software and provides the highest quality connections to handle virtually any video format. DeckLink supports DaVinci Resolve, Final Cut Pro X, Media Composer and Premiere Pro. Plus, WDM support means you can work with a massive range of Windows editing software as well! If your software does not support capture from DeckLink cards then simply use the included Media Express software. Media Express lets you capture in a wide range of compressed and uncompressed video formats. DeckLink cards are also perfect for monitoring on connect client monitors, big screen televisions or even projectors!
- Audio Post
DeckLink is perfect for audio post production when working on sound tracks of television commercials, episodic television shows and even feature films. DeckLink cards include multiple channels of analog audio, AES/EBU digital audio and 8 or 16 channels of embedded SDI audio depending on the model. All DeckLink drivers work with the world's best audio post production solutions such as DaVinci Resolve with Fairlight audio, ProTools, Steinberg Nuendo and Cubase.
- Live Streaming Made Easy - Video Encoding
DeckLink cards are fully compatible with popular video streaming software so you can broadcast live to online viewers! Also use DeckLink cards to capture direct from cameras or live production switchers and then integrate the high quality video into your live streaming workflow. DeckLink cards support common streaming software such as Flash Media Encoder, Wirecast, Livestream Producer and Resolume Avenue 4. With DeckLink it's easy to create high quality live, or on-demand broadcasts for the web of sporting events, webcasts, podcasts or concerts!
- Product Identifiers -MPN
- In The Box -
- DeckLink Mini Recorder 4K
- Low profile slot bracket
- SD card with software and manual
- Product Specifications -
- SDI Video Inputs
1 x 10-bit SD/HD/Ultra HD switchable.
- SDI Audio Inputs
16 channels embedded in SD, HD, Ultra HD.
- HDMI Video Inputs
1 x HDMI 2.0a connector.
- HDMI Audio Inputs
8 Channels embedded in SD, HD, Ultra HD.
- Computer Interface
PCI Express 4 lane generation 2, compatible with 4, 8 and 16 lane PCI Express slots.
AVC-Intra, AVCHD, Canon XF MPEG2, Digital SLR, DV-NTSC, DV-PAL, DVCPRO50, DVCPROHD, DPX, HDV, XDCAM EX, XDCAM HD, XDCAM HD422, DNxHR & DNxHD, Apple ProRes 4444, Apple ProRes 422 HQ, Apple ProRes 422, Apple ProRes LT, Apple ProRes 422 Proxy, Uncompressed 8-bit 4:2:2, Uncompressed 10-bit 4:2:2.
- Software Included
Media Express, Disk Speed Test, LiveKey, Blackmagic Desktop Video Utility and Blackmagic driver on Mac OS and Windows. Media Express, Blackmagic Desktop Video Utility and Blackmagic driver on Linux.
- Internal Software Upgrade
Firmware built into software driver. Loaded at system start or via updater software.
- Physical Installation
PCI Express 4 lane generation 2, compatible with 4, 8 and 16 lane PCI Express slots on Mac OS, Windows and Linux. Mac OS systems require a Mac Pro computer with PCI Express slots. Please check the Support pages on the Blackmagic Design site to see the full system requirements.
- DaVinci Resolve
- Adobe Premiere Pro CC
- Avid Media Composer
- Adobe Photoshop CC
Other supported applications include: Tools On Air Just: Play & Live & In, Softron MovieRecorder & MReplay, Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder, Telestream Wirecast, Livestream Producer, Resolume Arena, Magix Vegas Pro & Movie Edit Pro Premium, Corel VideoStudio Pro, CyberLink PowerDirector, Vidblaster X & Studio & Broadcast, Uniplay One & CG, CasparCG Server, Magicsoft CG, Xsplit Broadcaster, Imagine Communications Velocity & InfoCaster, DevTek Easy Media Suite, Metus Ingest, Boinx Software MimoLive, Cinegy Capture Pro, vMix Live, Renewed Vision ProPresenter, Ventuz Director, Class X Liveboard & Coral CG, Glookast Capturer, Open Broadcaster Software Studio, Nautilus NEMO3D.
- SD Video Standards
525i59.94 NTSC, 625i50 PAL
- HD Video Standards
- 720p50, 720p59.94, 720p60
- 1080p23.98, 1080p24, 1080p25, 1080p29.97, 1080p30, 1080p50, 1080p59.94, 1080p60
- 1080PsF23.98, 1080PsF24, 1080PsF25, 1080PsF29.97, 1080PsF30
- 1080i50, 1080i59.94, 1080i60
- 2K Video Standards (SDI ONLY)
- 2K DCI 23.98p, 2K DCI 24p, 2K DCI 25p
- 2K DCI 23.98PsF, 2K DCI 24PsF, 2K DCI F25PsF
- Ultra HD Video Standards
2160p23.98, 2160p24, 2160p25, 2160p29.97, 2160p30
- 4K DCI Video Standards
4K DCI 23.98p, 4K DCI 24p, 4K DCI 25p* (*SDI only.)
- SDI Compliance
SMPTE 259M, SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 296M, SMPTE 372M, SMPTE 425M, SMPTE 2081, ITU-R BT.656 and ITU-R BT.601.
- SDI Metadata Support
RP 188/SMPTE 12M-2 and closed captioning.
- Audio Sampling
Television standard sample rate of 48 kHz and 24 bit.
- SDI Video Sampling
4:4:4 & 4:2:2
- SDI Color Precision
8, 10, 12-bit RGB 4:4:4 in all modes up to 1080p60, and 8, 10-bit YUV 4:2:2 in all modes.
- Color Space
REC 601, REC 709
- HDMI Video Sampling
4:4:4, 4:2:2 & 4:2:0
- HDMI Configuration
HDMI 2.0a supports Deep Color and HDR.
- HDMI Color Precision
Up to 12-bit (Deep Color)
- Multiple Rate Support
HDMI and SDI video connections are switchable between SD/HD/2K and 4K.
- Copy Protection
HDMI input is unable to capture from copy protected HDMI sources. Always confirm copyright ownership before capture or distribution of content.
- Colorspace Conversion
Hardware based real time.
- HD to SD Down Conversion
Software based down conversion during video capture.
- HD Up Conversion
Software based up conversion from SD to HD on capture. Selectable between 4:3 pillarbox or 16:9 anamorphic.
- Length: 4.70in
- Weight: 3.17oz
- Mac 10.11 El Capitan, Mac 10.12 Sierra, Mac 10.13 High Sierra or later.
- Windows 7, 8.1 and 10, all 64-bit.
- Operating temperature
5° to 40° C (32° to 104° F)
- Storage temperature
-20° to 45° C (-4° to 113° F)
- Relative Humidity
0% to 90% non-condensing
Hassle Free Returns
At Motion Media, our goal is to ensure your complete satisfaction with your purchase. If, for whatever reason, you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you may return it to Motion Media within 30 days. Claims for missing items or items damaged in transit must be received within three business days of receipt of merchandise.
Refunds on returned items will be issued in the same payment form as tendered at the time of purchase. If payment was made by credit card, once we receive the product we will credit your account. Please allow 7-10 days for a credit to appear on your credit card statement. If payment was made by check, please allow 10 business days for a refund check to be issued.
Please read all conditions below. If conditions are not met, Motion Media reserves the right to refuse the return or to charge a restocking fee of up to 25%.
How to return or exchange an item:
- In order to return an item you need to first obtain an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number.
- To request an RMA number, please visit our contact page and send us an email with the request.
- To request an RMA number by phone, call Customer Service at 310-450-4000.
- Place the original package into a shipping carton.
- Include the invoice and the reason for the return. If defective, please specify the defect.
- Please do not place stickers or shipping labels on the original manufacturer's package.
- The RMA number must be clearly written on the outer box. If you received a label in the email, print the label and tape it to the carton.
- Ship via insured ground service with a tracking number. Return shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer. We are not responsible for lost or damaged packages.
- Send pre-authorized returns to:
Motion Media, LLC
709 N. Douglas St.
El Segundo, CA 90245
- Alternatively, you may return an item at our office at the above location, with an approved RMA.
- All returned or exchanged items must be in new condition, in the original box, and must include all packing material, blank warranty cards, manuals, and all accessories.
- Motion Media is not responsible for personal data or items left in returned merchandise.
- Defective items may be repaired or exchanged at our discretion for the same model or manufacturer's equivalent model.
- RMA numbers are valid for 10 days.
- Motion Media is not responsible for any consequential or incidental damage resulting from the sale or use of any merchandise bought from us. We are responsible for the monetary value of the merchandise only.
No Return/Exchange On:
- Any Electronically Delivered Software*
- 3D Printers & Accessories
- Custom systems built or modified by Motion Media to customer's specifications
- Educational dvd's and books once unwrapped
- Motion Media Gift Cards are redeemable for merchandise only and may not be redeemed for cash.
*We offer 30 day returns on Autodesk licenses, excluding monthly terms.