Powerful Rendering For Compositing Artists
V-Ray for NUKE's approach to lighting and compositing integrates production-quality ray traced rendering into NUKE and NUKEX. V-Ray's industry standard ray traced renderer inside NUKE's industry standard compositing package gives artists the best of both worlds.
Top artists and studios use V-Ray every day to render world-class imagery and visual effects.
V-Ray adds production-proven lighting, shading and rendering capabilities to NUKE's powerful compositing toolset.
Save time by making look development decisions on the fly, and output final frames faster by rendering directly in post.
- Creative Control
V-Ray for NUKE gives you full control over lighting, shadows, reflections and more - without any back and forth with 3D.
- Smart Integration
V-Ray fits seamlessy into NUKE's native, node-based workflow.
- An Industry Standard
V-Ray’s Academy Award winning ray traced renderer in NUKE's industry standard compositing application gives artists the best of both worlds.
4.10.01, released 2019 March 26
- GPU Rendering
You can now take advantage of faster multi-GPU performance on workstations, plus added support for Cryptomatte render elements.
- V-Ray Scene Assets
Extract and reuse individual objects from a V-Ray vrscene file. If you need more control, you can define a set of objects to generate a reusable and customizable VRayScene asset.
- Powerful Ray Traced Rendering
V-Ray for NUKE brings powerful adaptive ray traced rendering to any compositing pipeline. It's the most full-featured rendering solution for NUKE, NUKEX and NUKE Studio.
- Node-Based Integration
With a full suite of advanced rendering tools and support for NUKE's native features, V-Ray for NUKE is a natural evolution of the compositing workflow.
- Accurate Lighting
Simulate realistic ray traced lighting and shadows with a wide range of light types including spot lights, area lights, HDR environments, NUKE lights and more.
- Global Illumination
Render accurate indirect illumination with V-Ray's precise ray traced GI. Now with light cache support.
- Physically-Based Materials
Create multilayered physical materials directly in NUKE. Choose from purpose-built shaders for car paint, SSS, skin and more.
- Production-Ready Textures
Choose from a number of production-ready texture types including tiled EXR & TX files, layered textures, ambient occlusion and procedural noise.
Select from a variety of camera types including physical cameras, VR panoramas and NUKE projection cameras.
- VR Cameras
Render to popular VR formats including spherical and cubic 6x1 panoramas.
Import Alembic, FBX and OBJ geometry with NUKE's built-in ReadGeo node.
- Proxy Objects
Import and render memory-efficient proxy objects as Alembic or V-Ray mesh files.
- Instancing With Particles
Instance V-Ray proxy objects using NUKE particles.
- V-Ray Volume Grid
Import and render volume simulations from applications like Houdini. Supports OpenVDB, Field3D and Phoenix FD files.
- Progressive Rendering
Fine-tune the look of your renders faster than ever. As you make adjustments to your scene, your rendering will update automatically.
- Deep Rendering
Improved deep rendering capabilities with support for deep volumes. Save disk space by generating deep data directly inside NUKE.
- Render Elements
Generate beauty, matte and utility passes on the fly. V-Ray for NUKE includes more than 37 built-in render elements for ultimate control.
- Full Light Select Render Element
Render individual or groups of lights as separate render elements, and accurately light mix in post with full support for global illumination, reflections and refractions.
Automatically generate ID mattes with support for transparency, depth of field and motion blur, speeding up workflows for compositors.
- V-Ray Scene Node
Import and render animated V-Ray scene (.vrscene) files.
- V-Ray Translator Node
Use the full power of V-Ray Standalone, including distributed rendering.
- V-Ray Denoiser
Automatically reduce noise for cleaner renders. Denoise individual render elements, apply noise masks and denoise final deep composites.
- Hair Workflows
Render complete 3D creatures and characters directly in NUKE. Import hair geometry using V-Ray proxy objects, and assign V-Ray Hair material for optimized shading.
Hassle Free Returns
At Motion Media, our goal is to ensure your complete satisfaction with your purchase. If, for whatever reason, you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you may return it to Motion Media within 30 days. Claims for missing items or items damaged in transit must be received within three business days of receipt of merchandise.
Refunds on returned items will be issued in the same payment form as tendered at the time of purchase. If payment was made by credit card, once we receive the product we will credit your account. Please allow 7-10 days for a credit to appear on your credit card statement. If payment was made by check, please allow 10 business days for a refund check to be issued.
Please read all conditions below. If conditions are not met, Motion Media reserves the right to refuse the return or to charge a restocking fee of up to 25%.
How to return or exchange an item:
- In order to return an item you need to first obtain an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number.
- To request an RMA number, please visit our contact page and send us an email with the request.
- To request an RMA number by phone, call Customer Service at 310-450-4000.
- Place the original package into a shipping carton.
- Include the invoice and the reason for the return. If defective, please specify the defect.
- Please do not place stickers or shipping labels on the original manufacturer's package.
- The RMA number must be clearly written on the outer box. If you received a label in the email, print the label and tape it to the carton.
- Ship via insured ground service with a tracking number. Return shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer. We are not responsible for lost or damaged packages.
- Send pre-authorized returns to:
Motion Media, LLC
709 N. Douglas St.
El Segundo, CA 90245
- Alternatively, you may return an item at our office at the above location, with an approved RMA.
- All returned or exchanged items must be in new condition, in the original box, and must include all packing material, blank warranty cards, manuals, and all accessories.
- Motion Media is not responsible for personal data or items left in returned merchandise.
- Defective items may be repaired or exchanged at our discretion for the same model or manufacturer's equivalent model.
- RMA numbers are valid for 10 days.
- Motion Media is not responsible for any consequential or incidental damage resulting from the sale or use of any merchandise bought from us. We are responsible for the monetary value of the merchandise only.
No Return/Exchange On:
- Any Electronically Delivered Software*
- 3D Printers & Accessories
- Custom systems built or modified by Motion Media to customer's specifications
- Educational dvd's and books once unwrapped
- Motion Media Gift Cards are redeemable for merchandise only and may not be redeemed for cash.
*We offer 30 day returns on Autodesk licenses, excluding monthly terms.