Powerful CPU And GPU Rendering For 3D Artists
Production-proven CPU & GPU rendering for animation and visual effects for film, television and virtual reality. V-Ray for Maya brings faster rendering, more responsive look development and added realism to high-end VFX and animation projects.
Production-proven ray traced rendering with a full suite of tools to create professional photoreal imagery and animations.
Built to handle the absolute toughest projects and largest scenes.
Multicore CPU and GPU-accelerated rendering engines for optimized speed and scalability.
- Creative Control
Real-time look development with interactive lighting, shading and rendering.
- Smart Integration
Integrated seamlessly into Maya and designed to fit any production pipeline.
- An Industry Standard
Top artists and studios rely on V-Ray for Maya to create award-winning animation & visual effects.
4.30.02, released 2020 April 16
- Added V-Ray Scene export through the Maya export menu
- Notifications for new V-Ray versions
- VRayObjectProperties can now be used with VRayScene objects
- VRayMtl/Viewport 2.0
- Improved viewport performance
- Maya Fluids
- Ability to control the light emission of Maya fluids when rendered with the Phoenix shader
- Added output for the distance across the hair width
- Powerful CPU Rendering
Highly-optimized, adaptive ray tracing for the best combination of fast rendering and superior image quality.
- Incredibly Fast GPU Rendering
Get an added speed boost with GPU-accelerated look development and final frame rendering.
- Hybrid Rendering
V-Ray GPU CUDA now renders on CPUs as well as GPUs, to take full advantage of all available hardware.
- Resumable Rendering
Stop your render at any point and continue where you left off.
- GPU Bucket Rendering
Adds support for Cryptomatte render elements.
- Playblasts With Viewport IPR
Create high-quality previz and animation tests via Playblasts with Viewport IPR.
- Faster IPR
Redesigned IPR for faster feedback and continuous updates.
Automatically remove noise and cut render times by up to 50%.
- AI Denoiser In Viewport IPR
The NVIDIA AI denoiser is now available for interactive rendering with V-Ray IPR in the viewport.
- Debug Shading/Isolate Selected
Quickly isolate selected textures and materials to help debug large shading networks in IPR.
- New - Memory Tracking
Easier to optimize your scene with new memory usage report for textures and objects.
- Chaos Cloud
Render scenes directly to the cloud with a push of a button.
- Adaptive Lights
Fast new lighting algorithm that speeds up rendering in scenes with many lights.
- Accurate Lighting
Render natural, artificial and image-based lighting with a wide range of light types, shapes and controls.
- Global Illumination
Choose from ray traced and hybrid global illumination methods for the perfect balance of quality and speed.
- Adaptive Dome Light
Faster, cleaner and more accurate image-based environment lighting based on V-Ray Scene Intelligence.
- Physical Materials
Create any type of physically-based material with multiple layers.
- Unique Shaders
Choose from a collection of specialty and purpose-built shaders for SSS, skin, hair and more.
- Alsurface Material
General-purpose shader with layered SSS and glossy fresnel reflections - popular for skin.
- MDL Materials
Now supporting NVIDIA's universal Material Definition Language format.
- VRScans Library Support
Compatible with 1000+ ultra-realistic scanned materials.
- Physical Hair Material
Render more realistic-looking hair with accurate highlights and new glint and glitter controls.
The V-Ray Material adds support for PBR shaders with new Metalness reflection controls.
- Rounded Corners
Generate perfectly smooth edges at render-time with no extra modeling.
- Triplanar Mapping
Quickly apply seamless textures without UVs.
- Efficient Textures
Work with multi-resolution tiled textures from top applications MARI, Mudbox and Zbrush.
- V-Ray Layered Texture
This powerful tool layers textures with blend modes and individual masking controls.
- Toon Shader
Easily create non-photorealistic, cartoon and cel-shading effects.
- Layered Alembic Support
Now supporting Alembic 1.7 and layers for efficient handling and updating of Alembic data.
- Proxy Objects
Fit massive scenes into memory and cut render times using load-on-demand proxy objects.
- Hair &Amp; Fur
Render realistic hair with support for Maya hair and fur, XGen, Ornatrix, Shave and a Haircut, and Yeti.
Render optimized volumetric effects and import OpenVDB files from Realflow and Houdini.
- GPU Volume Rendering
V-Ray GPU now supports blazing fast rendering of volumetric effects like smoke, fire and fog.
- Render Elements
Output a complete set of beauty, utility, and matte passes for total control in compositing.
- Full Light Select Render Element
Render individual lights or groups of lights as separate render elements for accurate light mixing in post.
Automatically generate ID mattes with support for transparency, depth of field and motion blur.
Hassle Free Returns
At Motion Media, our goal is to ensure your complete satisfaction with your purchase. If, for whatever reason, you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you may return it to Motion Media within 30 days. Claims for missing items or items damaged in transit must be received within three business days of receipt of merchandise.
Refunds on returned items will be issued in the same payment form as tendered at the time of purchase. If payment was made by credit card, once we receive the product we will credit your account. Please allow 7-10 days for a credit to appear on your credit card statement. If payment was made by check, please allow 10 business days for a refund check to be issued.
Please read all conditions below. If conditions are not met, Motion Media reserves the right to refuse the return or to charge a restocking fee of up to 25%.
How to return or exchange an item:
- In order to return an item you need to first obtain an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number.
- To request an RMA number, please visit our contact page and send us an email with the request.
- To request an RMA number by phone, call Customer Service at 310-450-4000.
- Place the original package into a shipping carton.
- Include the invoice and the reason for the return. If defective, please specify the defect.
- Please do not place stickers or shipping labels on the original manufacturer's package.
- The RMA number must be clearly written on the outer box. If you received a label in the email, print the label and tape it to the carton.
- Ship via insured ground service with a tracking number. Return shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer. We are not responsible for lost or damaged packages.
- Send pre-authorized returns to:
Motion Media, LLC
709 N. Douglas St.
El Segundo, CA 90245
- Alternatively, you may return an item at our office at the above location, with an approved RMA.
- All returned or exchanged items must be in new condition, in the original box, and must include all packing material, blank warranty cards, manuals, and all accessories.
- Motion Media is not responsible for personal data or items left in returned merchandise.
- Defective items may be repaired or exchanged at our discretion for the same model or manufacturer's equivalent model.
- RMA numbers are valid for 10 days.
- Motion Media is not responsible for any consequential or incidental damage resulting from the sale or use of any merchandise bought from us. We are responsible for the monetary value of the merchandise only.
No Return/Exchange On:
- Any Electronically Delivered Software*
- 3D Printers & Accessories
- Custom systems built or modified by Motion Media to customer's specifications
- Educational dvd's and books once unwrapped
- Motion Media Gift Cards are redeemable for merchandise only and may not be redeemed for cash.
*We offer 30 day returns on Autodesk licenses, excluding monthly terms.