Packed full of features, this AKiTiO Thunderbolt™ 3 docking station comes with all the essential interfaces you will need to connect your peripherals and more. Plug in just a single Thunderbolt 3 cable to your computer and you can gain access to a 10GbE network, an extra monitor, a card reader, an USB hub, an eSATA drive and recharge your laptop at the same time.
- Thunderbolt 3 for lightning fast transfer speeds up to 40 Gbps
- Second Thunderbolt 3 port supports Thunderbolt 3 (40 Gbps), USB 3.1 (10 Gbps), and DisplayPort devices
- Power delivery provides up to 60W of power to recharge compatible laptops and other devices
- Three USB 3.1 Gen 1 host ports with Type-A connectors for legacy USB devices
- 10 Gigabit Ethernet port supporting auto-negotiation for 10G, 5G, 2.5G, 1G, 100M
- Cooling fan with power switch for noiseless operation
- Dedicated DisplayPort for additional 4K monitor
- eSATA host port supporting port multiplier
- Built-in CFast 2.0 and SD 4.0 card reader
Thunderbolt 3 brings Thunderbolt to USB-C at speeds up to 40 Gbps, creating one compact port that does it all - delivering the fastest, most versatile connection to any dock, display, or data device. For the first time, one computer port connects to Thunderbolt devices, every display, and billions of USB devices. A single cable now provides four times the data and twice the video bandwidth of any other cable, while also supplying power to bus-powered devices.
The second Thunderbolt 3 port on the Thunder3 Dock Pro operates the same as a Thunderbolt 3 computer port by supporting Thunderbolt 3 (up to 5 daisy chained), USB 3.1 (10 Gbps), and DisplayPort devices.
- eSATA host port
This port can be used to connect an external storage drive with an eSATA interface to your Thunderbolt 3 computer. The eSATA port supports port multiplier and is capable of recognizing more than just one disk in a multi-bay enclosure without a RAID controller. The maximum data transfer rate for the eSATA port is about 370MB/s.
- USB 3.1 Gen 1 hub
The three USB 3.1 Gen 1 host ports make it easy to connect your USB devices that come with a Type-A connector to your Thunderbolt 3 computer. Instead of buying an adapter or new cables, simply plug your existing USB devices into the Thunder3 Dock Pro and you are all set. The maximum data transfer rate for the USB hub is about 370MB/s.
- 10 Gigabit Ethernet port
The network interface is ideal for desktop computers and laptops that require reliable, accelerated access to external storage and networks for I/O demanding applications but typically lack 10GbE connectivity or the capability to deploy an internal PCIe network card (NIC). This 10GbE network adapter supports auto-negotiation for 10Gb/s, 5Gb/s, 2.5Gb/s, 1Gb/s and 100MB/s.
- Thunderbolt™ 3 daisy chain
One of the Thunderbolt 3 ports is used to connect the Thunder3 Dock Pro to the computer and the other port operates the same as a Thunderbolt 3 computer port by supporting Thunderbolt 3 (up to 5 daisy chained), USB 3.1 (10 Gbps), and DisplayPort devices.
The dedicated DisplayPort connector can be used to connect an additional monitor to extend your workspace without the need to buy an additional USB-C to DisplayPort adapter. This video output capability will free up the second Thunderbolt 3 port for other Thunderbolt 3 (up to 5 daisy chained), USB 3.1 (10 Gbps), and DisplayPort devices.
- CFast 2.0 & SD 4.0 card reader
The built-in card reader for your CFast and SD cards is located conveniently at the front of the Thunder3 Dock Pro, allowing you to easily insert and remove the cards to backup your media files after a photo or video shoot. The maximum data transfer rate for the card reader is about 370 MB/s.
Power Delivery (60W)
The Thunder3 Dock Pro supports power delivery (PD), providing up to 60W of power to devices and laptops that support charging from a 20V/3A power source (e.g. Late 2016 MacBook Pro). This allows you to recharge the battery even when the laptop is not plugged into any other power source. Depending on your needs, you can use either the 60W or the 15W port to connect the Thunder3 Dock Pro to your computer and then use the second port to recharge other devices like an iPad for example.
Hassle Free Returns
At Motion Media, our goal is to ensure your complete satisfaction with your purchase. If, for whatever reason, you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you may return it to Motion Media within 30 days. Claims for missing items or items damaged in transit must be received within three business days of receipt of merchandise.
Refunds on returned items will be issued in the same payment form as tendered at the time of purchase. If payment was made by credit card, once we receive the product we will credit your account. Please allow 7-10 days for a credit to appear on your credit card statement. If payment was made by check, please allow 10 business days for a refund check to be issued.
Please read all conditions below. If conditions are not met, Motion Media reserves the right to refuse the return or to charge a restocking fee of up to 25%.
How to return or exchange an item:
- In order to return an item you need to first obtain an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number.
- To request an RMA number, please visit our contact page and send us an email with the request.
- To request an RMA number by phone, call Customer Service at 310-450-4000.
- Place the original package into a shipping carton.
- Include the invoice and the reason for the return. If defective, please specify the defect.
- Please do not place stickers or shipping labels on the original manufacturer's package.
- The RMA number must be clearly written on the outer box. If you received a label in the email, print the label and tape it to the carton.
- Ship via insured ground service with a tracking number. Return shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer. We are not responsible for lost or damaged packages.
- Send pre-authorized returns to:
Motion Media, LLC
709 N. Douglas St.
El Segundo, CA 90245
- Alternatively, you may return an item at our office at the above location, with an approved RMA.
- All returned or exchanged items must be in new condition, in the original box, and must include all packing material, blank warranty cards, manuals, and all accessories.
- Motion Media is not responsible for personal data or items left in returned merchandise.
- Defective items may be repaired or exchanged at our discretion for the same model or manufacturer's equivalent model.
- RMA numbers are valid for 10 days.
- Motion Media is not responsible for any consequential or incidental damage resulting from the sale or use of any merchandise bought from us. We are responsible for the monetary value of the merchandise only.
No Return/Exchange On:
- Any Electronically Delivered Software*
- 3D Printers & Accessories
- Custom systems built or modified by Motion Media to customer's specifications
- Educational dvd's and books once unwrapped
- Motion Media Gift Cards are redeemable for merchandise only and may not be redeemed for cash.
*We offer 30 day returns on Autodesk licenses, excluding monthly terms.