With the new d2, LaCie again raised the bar on the industry's most trusted desktop storage product. Get the job done faster, on any computer, and with USB 3.0 and a 7200 RPM hard disk! With an innovative aluminum unibody design, you'll notice incredibly low vibration and operating noise. Introducing the new standard for desktop storage.
- 5TB capacity at 7200RPM
- USB 3.0 for universal compatibility
- Professional speeds of up to 200 MB/s
- Innovative design for reduced noise and vibration
- Aluminum unibody for long-term durability
- Designed by Neil Poulton
- 3-Year Manufacturer's Warranty
Professional components yield professional speeds. The new LaCie d2 combines a high-performance interface with a 7200 RPM Seagate hard disk, resulting in stunning speeds of up to 200 MB/s. Excellent performance plus industry-best capacity make the LaCie d2 the perfect solution for storing large files and project archiving. With this speed, it's possible to store and browse a massive RAW Adobe® Lightroom® library with zero lag. And videographers can transport and then quickly transfer hours of RAW video footage onto a RAID backup device.
Innovative Design, Breakthrough Durability
When recreating the industrial design of the d2, LaCie focused relentlessly on reliability and usability professionals. Forged from a single piece of aluminum, the casing provides uncommon rigidity for long-term durability and premium quality. Disk spins down automatically when the host operating system goes to sleep. Or, use LaCie Desktop Manager to configure the product to spin down disk after a specified amount of time. The broad, seamless surface area of the unibody enclosure - which includes the integrated base - dissipates heat effectively. As a result, the cooling system prolongs the lifespan of internal components while enabling ultra-quiet operation. Prevent accidentally disconnected interface or power cables without compromising the look and design of the product. Extruded seams, cushioning base, and vibration-dampening hard disk mounts combine to dramatically reduce hard disk vibration.
Packed with Value for Pros
With a bundled professional backup software suite and compatibility with Time Machine™ and Windows Backup, the LaCie d2 includes everything you need for secure backup. This product also includes LaCie Private-Public software, which lets you prevent unauthorized access by password-protecting volumes with AES 256-bit encryption.
Support when you need it
For the ultimate in peace of mind and value, the LaCie d2 features a three-year limited warranty. It includes comprehensive, complimentary web-based resources, expert in-house technical support, and worldwide repair and/or replacement coverage. You can even upgrade this service with warranty extensions, fast product replacement, and even data recovery services.
- Product Identifiers -MPN: STGK6000400
- In The Box -
- LaCie d2
- USB 3.0 cable (USB 2.0-compatible)
- Power supply
- Quick Install Guide
- Product Specifications -
- 1 x USB 3.0 port (USB 2.0 compatible)
Interface Transfer Rate:
- 5 Gb/s
- 3 TB: Up to 180 MB/s reads**
- 4 TB: Up to 180 MB/s reads
- 5 TB: Up to 200 MB/s reads
- Reduces power consumption automatically by spinning down disk when product is not in use
- AES 256-bit software encryption
- Kensignton™ lock compatible
- Cable management
- Fan-free design with all-aluminum unibody enclosure for low vibration and near-silent operation
- Typical noise level: 28 dB ***
- Intego® Backup Assistant for Mac®
- LaCie Genie Timeline for PC
- LaCie Private-Public
- LaCie Desktop Manager
- 100-240 V, 50/60 Hz; 18 W
- 60 x 190 x 130 mm | 2.4 x 7.5 x 5.1 in.
- 3 TB: 1.2 kg | 2.6 lbs
- 4 TB: 1.3 kg | 2.8 lbs
- 5 TB: 1.3 kg | 2.8 lbs
- Computer with a USB 3.0 or USB 2.0* port
- Windows® 7, Windows 8 / Mac OS® X 10.6 and later
- Minimum free disk space: 600 MB recommended
* To achieve full interface bandwidth, connect the product to a USB 3.0 port on a computer or device.
** These transfer rates were achieved using AJA System Test when connected to a Mac computer. Actual data rates may vary depending on operating environment and other factors, such as disk capacity.
*** These measurements have been made under normal conditions, one meter/three feet from the front of the product. These values may vary with conditions and product configuration.
When referring to drive capacity, one gigabyte, or GB, equals one billion bytes and one terabyte, or TB, equals one thousand billion bytes. Your computer's operating system may use a different standard of measurement and report a lower capacity. In addition, some of the listed capacity is used for formatting and other functions and will not be available for data storage.
Hassle Free Returns
At Motion Media, our goal is to ensure your complete satisfaction with your purchase. If, for whatever reason, you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you may return it to Motion Media within 30 days. Claims for missing items or items damaged in transit must be received within three business days of receipt of merchandise.
Refunds on returned items will be issued in the same payment form as tendered at the time of purchase. If payment was made by credit card, once we receive the product we will credit your account. Please allow 7-10 days for a credit to appear on your credit card statement. If payment was made by check, please allow 10 business days for a refund check to be issued.
Please read all conditions below. If conditions are not met, Motion Media reserves the right to refuse the return or to charge a restocking fee of up to 25%.
How to return or exchange an item:
- In order to return an item you need to first obtain an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number.
- To request an RMA number, please visit our contact page and send us an email with the request.
- To request an RMA number by phone, call Customer Service at 310-450-4000.
- Place the original package into a shipping carton.
- Include the invoice and the reason for the return. If defective, please specify the defect.
- Please do not place stickers or shipping labels on the original manufacturer's package.
- The RMA number must be clearly written on the outer box. If you received a label in the email, print the label and tape it to the carton.
- Ship via insured ground service with a tracking number. Return shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer. We are not responsible for lost or damaged packages.
- Send pre-authorized returns to:
Motion Media, LLC
709 N. Douglas St.
El Segundo, CA 90245
- Alternatively, you may return an item at our office at the above location, with an approved RMA.
- All returned or exchanged items must be in new condition, in the original box, and must include all packing material, blank warranty cards, manuals, and all accessories.
- Motion Media is not responsible for personal data or items left in returned merchandise.
- Defective items may be repaired or exchanged at our discretion for the same model or manufacturer's equivalent model.
- RMA numbers are valid for 10 days.
- Motion Media is not responsible for any consequential or incidental damage resulting from the sale or use of any merchandise bought from us. We are responsible for the monetary value of the merchandise only.
No Return/Exchange On:
- Any Electronically Delivered Software*
- 3D Printers & Accessories
- Custom systems built or modified by Motion Media to customer's specifications
- Educational dvd's and books once unwrapped
- Motion Media Gift Cards are redeemable for merchandise only and may not be redeemed for cash.
*We offer 30 day returns on Autodesk licenses, excluding monthly terms.