LaCie Rugged RAID Thunderbolt and USB 3.0 All-Terrain Mobile Hard Drive 4TB
Get the best prices on Autodesk products, hands down.
Due to manufacturer's restrictions, we're not allowed to advertise discounted pricing. To see the best price we can offer click the get quote button and one of our Autodesk experts will send you a customized price quote.
Most Open Box items are like new.
Open Box items at Motion Media are typically units that cannot be considered "New", including, but not limited to:
- demo units
- returned units
- brand new units that show wear to the exterior packaging from handling
- manufacturer refurbished units
Please call for details on this item before purchasing
This item is purchased from a non-US vendor. Due to fluctuating currency exchange rates, we strongly advise you to get a quote before purchasing. The price may be lower than listed here.
Call us at (310) 450-4000 or
contact us via email.
Get 0% Interest
Pay this off over 12 months!
Motion Media offers a 12 month, 0 interest payment plan for all items over $1k. Offer is available nationwide to business and individuals*.
Please call for details. 888-542-8941
Ask an expert
Not sure what you need or if you're looking at the right product?
With the LaCie Rugged RAID, you get it all in one package - with zero tradeoffs. It delivers a game-changing blend of PC and Mac® compatibility, capacity, speed, mobility, and reliability. As the ultimate solution for on-the-go professionals, the LaCie Rugged adapts to your needs for performance or complete data security.
When getting the win hinges on speed, you need Thunderbolt - the fastest interface on the market. The LaCie Rugged also includes two internal hard drives that are preconfigured in hardware RAID 0 for sustained performance of up to 240 MB/s*.
- 4TB Capacity (HDD)
- Thunderbolt™ and USB 3.0 for speeds of up to 240 MB/s
- Bus powered via Thunderbolt for mobile workflows
- Integrated Thunderbolt cable
- Hardware RAID 0/1 flexibility for speed or security***
- Shock, dust, and water resistance for all-terrain use
- 3-Year Manufacturer's Limited
Don't let your project get derailed by incompatibility between your external drive and your computer. With both USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt interfaces, the LaCie Rugged RAID is a perfect match for your Mac and PC^. Since USB 3.0 is backward compatible, you can connect it to any standard computer, anywhere. The integrated Thunderbolt cable also stows neatly when not in use, so that you'll never lose it. The LaCie Rugged is also fully bus powered through the USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt cables. Its portability and interfaces make it the must-have sidekick to a new Mac or Ultrabook™.
^Current Thunderbolt drivers for Windows needs to be installed for PC Thunderbolt compatibility.
Versatility Anywhere, on Any Computer
Tailor the LaCie Rugged to your precise needs. Leave it in RAID 0 (striped mode) to maximize speed and capacity. Or choose RAID 1 (mirrored mode), where your data is duplicated across the two drives. So even if a drive fails in the field, your files remain completely accessible. Using LaCie Setup Assistant, it's incredibly easy to make the LaCie Rugged compatible with any Mac computer, PC, or both. And with Thunderbolt and USB 3.0 interfaces and hardware RAID, any computer will recognize the LaCie Rugged*. It lets you transport a massive amount of data - with complete security - and access it freely from any computer.
All-Terrain Data Protection
The LaCie Rugged is tested to withstand drops** of up to 1.5 meters (5 feet) and 1 ton of pressure. So whether the LaCie Rugged takes a jarring jeep ride or is crushed by stacks of suitcases in the airplane cargo hold, your data remains safe. With its cap in place, the LaCie Rugged is IP 54-rated for superior resistance to dust and water splashing - even during operation. So even during a dust storm or tropical downpour, you stay confident that your data remains accessible.
The LaCie Rugged includes everything professionals need for secure backup in the field: a backup software suite and compatibility with Time Machine™ and Windows® Backup. It also includes LaCie Private-Public software, which lets you password-protect the entire drive or only certain volumes with AES 256-bit encryption.
*These transfer rates were achieved using AJA System Test when connected to a Mac computer via the Thunderbolt interface. Actual data rates may vary depending on operating environment and other factors, such as chosen interface and disk capacity.
**In non-operating mode.
***The file system format you choose for the LaCie Rugged must be compatible with the host computer.
- Product Identifiers -MPN: STFA4000400
- In The Box -
- LaCie Rugged RAID with integrated Thunderbolt cable
- USB 3.0 cable (USB 2.0-compatible)
- Removable cover and spare
- Power supply (for use with USB 3.0 connection)
- Quick Install Guide
- Product Specifications -
Internal Storage Media:
- 2 x hard drives
- 1 x Thunderbolt port bus powered
- 1 x USB 3.0 port (USB 2.0 and UAS compatible)
Interface Transfer Rate:
- Thunderbolt: 10 Gb/s
- USB 3.0: 5 Gb/s
- Thunderbolt and USB 3.0 (in MB/s)***:
- RAID 0: 240 reads | 240 writes
- RAID 1: 115 reads | 120 writes
- Preconfigured RAID 0
- Hardware RAID 0 / 1
- Easy RAID selection
- Dust and Water: IP 54 rated (when cover is attached)
- Shock: drops up to 1.5 meters (5 feet) (in non-operating mode)
- Pressure: 1 ton (1000 kg / 2205 lbs)
- Theft: password protection with AES 256-bit software encryption
- LaCie Setup Assistant (easily format and create partitions for use on Mac®, PC, or both)
- LaCie Private-Public (password protection with AES 256-bit software encryption)
- LaCie Backup Assistant
- 34 x 91 x 148 mm / 1.3 x 3.6 x 5.8 in.
- 0.56 kg / 1.2 lbs
- Computer with a Thunderbolt, USB 3.0, or USB 2.0* port
- Operating system:
- Thunderbolt: Mac OS® X 10.6.8 or later
- USB 3.0: Latest version of Windows Vista®, Windows 7, Windows 8 / Mac OS X 10.6 or later
- Minimum free disk space: 600 MB recommended
* With USB 3.0 it is necessary to use the included external power supply
** With USB 3.0 it is necessary to use the included external power supply *** These transfer rates were achieved using AJA System Test when connected to a Mac computer. Actual data rates may vary depending on operating environment and other factors, such as chosen interface, RAID mode, and disk capacity.