With the LaCie Rugged RAID, you get it all in one package - with zero tradeoffs. It delivers a game-changing blend of PC and Mac® compatibility, capacity, speed, mobility, and reliability. As the ultimate solution for on-the-go professionals, the LaCie Rugged adapts to your needs for performance or complete data security.
When getting the win hinges on speed, you need Thunderbolt - the fastest interface on the market. The LaCie Rugged also includes two internal hard drives that are preconfigured in hardware RAID 0 for sustained performance of up to 240 MB/s*.
- 4TB Capacity (HDD)
- Thunderbolt™ and USB 3.0 for speeds of up to 240 MB/s
- Bus powered via Thunderbolt for mobile workflows
- Integrated Thunderbolt cable
- Hardware RAID 0/1 flexibility for speed or security***
- Shock, dust, and water resistance for all-terrain use
- 3-Year Manufacturer's Limited
Don't let your project get derailed by incompatibility between your external drive and your computer. With both USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt interfaces, the LaCie Rugged RAID is a perfect match for your Mac and PC^. Since USB 3.0 is backward compatible, you can connect it to any standard computer, anywhere. The integrated Thunderbolt cable also stows neatly when not in use, so that you'll never lose it. The LaCie Rugged is also fully bus powered through the USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt cables. Its portability and interfaces make it the must-have sidekick to a new Mac or Ultrabook™.
^Current Thunderbolt drivers for Windows needs to be installed for PC Thunderbolt compatibility.
Versatility Anywhere, on Any Computer
Tailor the LaCie Rugged to your precise needs. Leave it in RAID 0 (striped mode) to maximize speed and capacity. Or choose RAID 1 (mirrored mode), where your data is duplicated across the two drives. So even if a drive fails in the field, your files remain completely accessible. Using LaCie Setup Assistant, it's incredibly easy to make the LaCie Rugged compatible with any Mac computer, PC, or both. And with Thunderbolt and USB 3.0 interfaces and hardware RAID, any computer will recognize the LaCie Rugged*. It lets you transport a massive amount of data - with complete security - and access it freely from any computer.
All-Terrain Data Protection
The LaCie Rugged is tested to withstand drops** of up to 1.5 meters (5 feet) and 1 ton of pressure. So whether the LaCie Rugged takes a jarring jeep ride or is crushed by stacks of suitcases in the airplane cargo hold, your data remains safe. With its cap in place, the LaCie Rugged is IP 54-rated for superior resistance to dust and water splashing - even during operation. So even during a dust storm or tropical downpour, you stay confident that your data remains accessible.
The LaCie Rugged includes everything professionals need for secure backup in the field: a backup software suite and compatibility with Time Machine™ and Windows® Backup. It also includes LaCie Private-Public software, which lets you password-protect the entire drive or only certain volumes with AES 256-bit encryption.
*These transfer rates were achieved using AJA System Test when connected to a Mac computer via the Thunderbolt interface. Actual data rates may vary depending on operating environment and other factors, such as chosen interface and disk capacity.
**In non-operating mode.
***The file system format you choose for the LaCie Rugged must be compatible with the host computer.
- Product Identifiers -MPN: STFA4000400
- In The Box -
- LaCie Rugged RAID with integrated Thunderbolt cable
- USB 3.0 cable (USB 2.0-compatible)
- Removable cover and spare
- Power supply (for use with USB 3.0 connection)
- Quick Install Guide
- Product Specifications -
Internal Storage Media:
- 2 x hard drives
- 1 x Thunderbolt port bus powered
- 1 x USB 3.0 port (USB 2.0 and UAS compatible)
Interface Transfer Rate:
- Thunderbolt: 10 Gb/s
- USB 3.0: 5 Gb/s
- Thunderbolt and USB 3.0 (in MB/s)***:
- RAID 0: 240 reads | 240 writes
- RAID 1: 115 reads | 120 writes
- Preconfigured RAID 0
- Hardware RAID 0 / 1
- Easy RAID selection
- Dust and Water: IP 54 rated (when cover is attached)
- Shock: drops up to 1.5 meters (5 feet) (in non-operating mode)
- Pressure: 1 ton (1000 kg / 2205 lbs)
- Theft: password protection with AES 256-bit software encryption
- LaCie Setup Assistant (easily format and create partitions for use on Mac®, PC, or both)
- LaCie Private-Public (password protection with AES 256-bit software encryption)
- LaCie Backup Assistant
- 34 x 91 x 148 mm / 1.3 x 3.6 x 5.8 in.
- 0.56 kg / 1.2 lbs
- Computer with a Thunderbolt, USB 3.0, or USB 2.0* port
- Operating system:
- Thunderbolt: Mac OS® X 10.6.8 or later
- USB 3.0: Latest version of Windows Vista®, Windows 7, Windows 8 / Mac OS X 10.6 or later
- Minimum free disk space: 600 MB recommended
* With USB 3.0 it is necessary to use the included external power supply
** With USB 3.0 it is necessary to use the included external power supply *** These transfer rates were achieved using AJA System Test when connected to a Mac computer. Actual data rates may vary depending on operating environment and other factors, such as chosen interface, RAID mode, and disk capacity.
Hassle Free Returns
At Motion Media, our goal is to ensure your complete satisfaction with your purchase. If, for whatever reason, you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you may return it to Motion Media within 30 days. Claims for missing items or items damaged in transit must be received within three business days of receipt of merchandise.
Refunds on returned items will be issued in the same payment form as tendered at the time of purchase. If payment was made by credit card, once we receive the product we will credit your account. Please allow 7-10 days for a credit to appear on your credit card statement. If payment was made by check, please allow 10 business days for a refund check to be issued.
Please read all conditions below. If conditions are not met, Motion Media reserves the right to refuse the return or to charge a restocking fee of up to 25%.
How to return or exchange an item:
- In order to return an item you need to first obtain an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number.
- To request an RMA number, please visit our contact page and send us an email with the request.
- To request an RMA number by phone, call Customer Service at 310-450-4000.
- Place the original package into a shipping carton.
- Include the invoice and the reason for the return. If defective, please specify the defect.
- Please do not place stickers or shipping labels on the original manufacturer's package.
- The RMA number must be clearly written on the outer box. If you received a label in the email, print the label and tape it to the carton.
- Ship via insured ground service with a tracking number. Return shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer. We are not responsible for lost or damaged packages.
- Send pre-authorized returns to:
Motion Media, LLC
709 N. Douglas St.
El Segundo, CA 90245
- Alternatively, you may return an item at our office at the above location, with an approved RMA.
- All returned or exchanged items must be in new condition, in the original box, and must include all packing material, blank warranty cards, manuals, and all accessories.
- Motion Media is not responsible for personal data or items left in returned merchandise.
- Defective items may be repaired or exchanged at our discretion for the same model or manufacturer's equivalent model.
- RMA numbers are valid for 10 days.
- Motion Media is not responsible for any consequential or incidental damage resulting from the sale or use of any merchandise bought from us. We are responsible for the monetary value of the merchandise only.
No Return/Exchange On:
- Any Electronically Delivered Software*
- 3D Printers & Accessories
- Custom systems built or modified by Motion Media to customer's specifications
- Educational dvd's and books once unwrapped
- Motion Media Gift Cards are redeemable for merchandise only and may not be redeemed for cash.
*We offer 30 day returns on Autodesk licenses, excluding monthly terms.