Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Box 550 (One FHFD x16 Graphics card slot)
Get the best prices on Autodesk products, hands down.
Due to manufacturer's restrictions, we're not allowed to advertise discounted pricing. To see the best price we can offer click the get quote button and one of our Autodesk experts will send you a customized price quote.
Most Open Box items are like new.
Open Box items at Motion Media are typically units that cannot be considered "New", including, but not limited to:
- demo units
- returned units
- brand new units that show wear to the exterior packaging from handling
- manufacturer refurbished units
Please call for details on this item before purchasing
This item is purchased from a non-US vendor. Due to fluctuating currency exchange rates, we strongly advise you to get a quote before purchasing. The price may be lower than listed here.
Call us at (310) 450-4000 or
contact us via email.
Get 0% Interest
Pay this off over 12 months!
Motion Media offers a 12 month, 0 interest payment plan for all items over $1k. Offer is available nationwide to business and individuals*.
Please call for details. 888-542-8941
Ask an expert
Not sure what you need or if you're looking at the right product?
Sonnet's eGFX Breakaway Box, a Thunderbolt 3-to-PCIe card expansion solution supports any Thunderbolt compatible PCIe card, but is designed specifically for bandwidth-intensive graphic video cards. The Breakaway Box enables all the popular GPU cards that support connecting to a computer over Thunderbolt such as AMD Radeon® R9 and RX and NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX7, 9 and 10 series, providing GPU support for computationally-intensive applications.
In addition to eGPU cards, the Breakaway Box supports every other Thunderbolt-compatible PCIe card, regardless of the card's length or width - its single x16 PCIe 3.0 slot easily accommodates full-length cards such as the RED Rocket-X or AVID Pro Tools|HDX. The Breakaway Box's single-port 40Gbps Thunderbolt 3 interface ensures the full 2750 MB/s of PCIe bandwidth(1) is dedicated to the installed card.
- Connects High Performance GPU Cards to Computers with Thunderbolt 3 Ports - Connects a supported GPU card to your eGFX-compatible computer with Thunderbolt 3 ports
- Supports Cards With Popular GPU Chipsets - Includes AMD Radeon R9 and RX and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 7, 9 and 10 series
- x16 PCI Express 3.0 slot - Supports up to full-length, full-height, single- or double-width card
- Supports Other Thunderbolt 3-Compatible PCIe Cards - Perfect for full-length cards such as the RED ROCKET-X or AVID Pro Tools|HDX
- 40Gbps Thunderbolt 3 Interface with One Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) Port - Ensures full 2750 MB/s of PCIe bandwidth is dedicated to the installed card
- 350W Power Supply - This model comes with a 550W power supply which has dual 8-pin connectors and can also deliver 87W upstream power to charge your computer
- Quietest eGFX System Available - Large built-in, variable-speed, temperature-controlled fan quietly and effectively cools the installed card
- Thunderbolt Certified for Mac & Windows
- Product Identifiers -MPN: GPU-550W-TB3
- In The Box -
- eGFX Breakaway Box system
- Power cord
- 0.5-meter Thunderbolt 3 (40Gbps) cable
- Note: PCIe cards sold separately
- Product Specifications -
- Mac with Thunderbolt 3 ports
- Mac with a Thunderbolt 2 or Thunderbolt port with an Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter
- macOS 10.12.5+
- Note: macOS does not support connection of GPU cards over Thunderbolt and GPU card drivers are not officially Thunderbolt compatible on macOS
- Windows PC with a Thunderbolt 3 port (GPU card requires an eGFX-enabled Windows PC)
- 64-bit Windows 10, version 1607 or later
- Form Factor: Desktop Thunderbolt 3-to-PCIe card expansion system
- External Connectors
- One Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C)
- Power (C14-type)
- Internal Connector
- Two 8-pin PCIe power connectors
- Supports 375W+ PCIe card
- Power Supply: Universal 550W, 110-240V AC, 50-60 Hz
- Expansion Slot: One PCIe 3.0 slot
- x16 Mechanical
- x4 Electrical (Thunderbolt 3 Spec)
- PCIe Card Supported: One full-length, full-height, double-width PCIe card
- Operating Temperature: 0°C to 35°C (32°F to 95°F)
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 7.25 x 13.38 x 8 in. (18.5 x 34.0 x 20.2 cm)
- Weight: 7.1 lbs (3.2 kg)
- RoHS Compliant: Yes