Sonnet's eGFX Breakaway Box, a Thunderbolt 3-to-PCIe card expansion solution supports any Thunderbolt compatible PCIe card, but is designed specifically for bandwidth-intensive graphic video cards. The Breakaway Box enables all the popular GPU cards that support connecting to a computer over Thunderbolt such as AMD Radeon® R9 and RX and NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX7, 9 and 10 series, providing GPU support for computationally-intensive applications.
In addition to eGPU cards, the Breakaway Box supports every other Thunderbolt-compatible PCIe card, regardless of the card's length or width - its single x16 PCIe 3.0 slot easily accommodates full-length cards such as the RED Rocket-X or AVID Pro Tools|HDX. The Breakaway Box's single-port 40Gbps Thunderbolt 3 interface ensures the full 2750 MB/s of PCIe bandwidth(1) is dedicated to the installed card.
- Connects High Performance GPU Cards to Computers with Thunderbolt 3 Ports - Connects a supported GPU card to your eGFX-compatible computer with Thunderbolt 3 ports
- Supports Cards With Popular GPU Chipsets - Includes AMD Radeon R9 and RX and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 7, 9 and 10 series
- x16 PCI Express 3.0 slot - Supports up to full-length, full-height, single- or double-width card
- Supports Other Thunderbolt 3-Compatible PCIe Cards - Perfect for full-length cards such as the RED ROCKET-X or AVID Pro Tools|HDX
- 40Gbps Thunderbolt 3 Interface with One Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) Port - Ensures full 2750 MB/s of PCIe bandwidth is dedicated to the installed card
- 350W Power Supply - This model comes with a 350W power supply which has one 8-pin & one 6-pin auxiliary power connector and delivers 15W of upstream power
- Quietest eGFX System Available - Large built-in, variable-speed, temperature-controlled fan quietly and effectively cools the installed card
- Thunderbolt Certified for Mac & Windows
- Product Identifiers -MPN: GPU-350W-TB3Z
- In The Box -
- eGFX Breakaway Box system
- Power cord
- 0.5-meter Thunderbolt 3 (40Gbps) cable
- Note: PCIe cards sold separately
- Product Specifications -
- Mac with Thunderbolt 3 ports
- Mac with a Thunderbolt 2 or Thunderbolt port with an Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter
- macOS 10.12.5+
- Note: macOS does not support connection of GPU cards over Thunderbolt and GPU card drivers are not officially Thunderbolt compatible on macOS
- Windows PC with a Thunderbolt 3 port (GPU card requires an eGFX-enabled Windows PC)
- 64-bit Windows 10, version 1607 or later
- Form Factor: Desktop Thunderbolt 3-to-PCIe card expansion system
- External Connectors
- One Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C)
- Power (C14-type)
- Internal Connector
- One 8-pin plus one 6-pin PCIe power connector
- Supports up to 300W PCIe card
- Power Supply: Universal 350W, 110-240V AC, 50-60 Hz
- Expansion Slot: One PCIe 3.0 slot
- x16 Mechanical
- x4 Electrical (Thunderbolt 3 Spec)
- PCIe Card Supported: One full-length, full-height, double-width PCIe card
- Operating Temperature: 0°C to 35°C (32°F to 95°F)
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 7.25 x 13.38 x 8 in. (18.5 x 34.0 x 20.2 cm)
- Weight: 7.1 lbs (3.2 kg)
- RoHS Compliant: Yes
Hassle Free Returns
At Motion Media, our goal is to ensure your complete satisfaction with your purchase. If, for whatever reason, you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you may return it to Motion Media within 30 days. Claims for missing items or items damaged in transit must be received within three business days of receipt of merchandise.
Refunds on returned items will be issued in the same payment form as tendered at the time of purchase. If payment was made by credit card, once we receive the product we will credit your account. Please allow 7-10 days for a credit to appear on your credit card statement. If payment was made by check, please allow 10 business days for a refund check to be issued.
Please read all conditions below. If conditions are not met, Motion Media reserves the right to refuse the return or to charge a restocking fee of up to 25%.
How to return or exchange an item:
- In order to return an item you need to first obtain an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number.
- To request an RMA number, please visit our contact page and send us an email with the request.
- To request an RMA number by phone, call Customer Service at 310-450-4000.
- Place the original package into a shipping carton.
- Include the invoice and the reason for the return. If defective, please specify the defect.
- Please do not place stickers or shipping labels on the original manufacturer's package.
- The RMA number must be clearly written on the outer box. If you received a label in the email, print the label and tape it to the carton.
- Ship via insured ground service with a tracking number. Return shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer. We are not responsible for lost or damaged packages.
- Send pre-authorized returns to:
Motion Media, LLC
709 N. Douglas St.
El Segundo, CA 90245
- Alternatively, you may return an item at our office at the above location, with an approved RMA.
- All returned or exchanged items must be in new condition, in the original box, and must include all packing material, blank warranty cards, manuals, and all accessories.
- Motion Media is not responsible for personal data or items left in returned merchandise.
- Defective items may be repaired or exchanged at our discretion for the same model or manufacturer's equivalent model.
- RMA numbers are valid for 10 days.
- Motion Media is not responsible for any consequential or incidental damage resulting from the sale or use of any merchandise bought from us. We are responsible for the monetary value of the merchandise only.
No Return/Exchange On:
- Any Electronically Delivered Software*
- 3D Printers & Accessories
- Custom systems built or modified by Motion Media to customer's specifications
- Educational dvd's and books once unwrapped
- Motion Media Gift Cards are redeemable for merchandise only and may not be redeemed for cash.
*We offer 30 day returns on Autodesk licenses, excluding monthly terms.