Sonnet Echo Express SE I Thunderbolt 3-to-PCIe Expansion Chassis (One slot)
Get the best prices on Autodesk products, hands down.
Due to manufacturer's restrictions, we're not allowed to advertise discounted pricing. To see the best price we can offer click the get quote button and one of our Autodesk experts will send you a customized price quote.
Most Open Box items are like new.
Open Box items at Motion Media are typically units that cannot be considered "New", including, but not limited to:
- demo units
- returned units
- brand new units that show wear to the exterior packaging from handling
- manufacturer refurbished units
Please call for details on this item before purchasing
This item is purchased from a non-US vendor. Due to fluctuating currency exchange rates, we strongly advise you to get a quote before purchasing. The price may be lower than listed here.
Call us at (310) 450-4000 or
contact us via email.
Get 0% Interest
Pay this off over 12 months!
Motion Media offers a 12 month, 0 interest payment plan for all items over $1k. Offer is available nationwide to business and individuals*.
Please call for details. 888-542-8941
Ask an expert
Not sure what you need or if you're looking at the right product?
With the Echo Express SE I - Thunderbolt 3 Edition, Sonnet has created a solution that enables you to connect a single PCIe card outside of your computer. This compact desktop Thunderbolt 3-to-PCIe card expansion system supports one professional video capture, audio interface, 6Gb or 12Gb SAS or SATA host bus adapter, 8Gb or 16Gb Fibre Channel, 10Gb or 40Gb Ethernet, or RAID controller PCIe card, and connects it to your computer through a thin cable.
The Echo Express SE I - Thunderbolt 3 Edition features 40Gbps Thunderbolt 3, which offers double the PCIe bandwidth and connectivity of Thunderbolt 2, and yields up to 2750 MB/s of bandwidth, enabling it to support 4K video capture and processing cards at high frame rates, and 16Gb FC cards and dual-port 10GbE cards at full performance(2)(3). With the ability to handle the most demanding, highest performance PCIe cards, support for connecting two 4K displays @ 60Hz or one 5K display @ 60Hz, and support for a vast array of Thunderbolt and USB devices, Thunderbolt 3 is a leap forward in every way.
- Connects a PCIe Expansion Card to Computers Without Slots - Use high-performance PCIe cards with any Mac or Windows PC with a Thunderbolt 3 port
- One PCIe 3.0 x8 Slot - Supports one half-length+ (up to 7.75 inches long), full-height, single-width PCIe card (plus one daughter card)
- 40Gbps Thunderbolt 3 Interface - Offers 2750 MB/s of PCIe bandwidth, doubling the performance of Thunderbolt 2
- Full Performance In a Small and Light Design - Takes up little space on the desktop, but large enough to support nearly every Thunderbolt-compatible PCIe card, at full performance
- Two Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) Ports - One port reserved for connection to the computer; second port supports daisy-chaining of up to five additional Thunderbolt devices to your computer, attaching a single USB peripheral device, or connecting up to two 4K displays or one 5K display
- Remarkably Quiet - Temperature-controlled, variable-speed fan automatically and quietly cools the card
- Energy Saver Mode - Powers on/off automatically with the computer
- Rugged Aluminum Housing - Provides robust and secure protection
- Power for Peripherals - Provides up to 15W of power to connected peripheral or host
- Thunderbolt Cable & ThunderLok Included - Includes 0.5-meter Thunderbolt 3 (40Gbps) cable and ThunderLok 3 Thunderbolt connector retainer clip to secure cable from accidental disconnections
In The Box
- Echo Express SE I - Thunderbolt 3 Edition Thunderbolt 3-to-PCIe Card Expansion System
- Universal power adapter
- Power cord
- 0.5-meter Thunderbolt 3 (40Gbps) cable
- ThunderLok 3 Thunderbolt Connector Retainer Clip
- Note: PCIe card sold separately
- MacBook Pro (15-inch, Late 2016)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, Late 2016, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, Late 2016, Two Thunderbolt 3 Ports)
- Mac with Thunderbolt or Thunderbolt 2 ports and Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter
- macOS™ 10.12.1+
- PC with a Thunderbolt 3
- Windows® 10, 8, 7
Important note: Your PC may require updates to insure that the Thunderbolt 3 ports function properly. Review this web site for further instructions.
- PCIe Card
For up-to-date PCIe card compatibility see Sonnet's PCIe Card Thunderbolt Compatibility Chart.
- Form Factor: Desktop Thunderbolt 3-to-PCIe card expansion system
- External Connectors: Two Thunderbolt 3 ports, 12V power port
- Expansion Slot: One PCIe 3.0 slot
- x8 Mechanical
- x4 Electrical (Thunderbolt 3 Spec)
- PCIe Cards Supported: One half-length (up to 7.75 inches long), single-width, full-height x8 PCIe card plus one daughter card
- Compatible PCIe Cards: Up-to-date PCIe cards listed on Sonnet's supporting PCIe Card Thunderbolt Compatibility Chart and as specified by card manufacturers
- Power Adapter: Universal 60W, 100-240V, 50-60 Hz
- Operating Temperature: 0°C to 35°C (32°F to 95°F)
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 5.63 x 8.63 x 3.5 in. (14.29 x 22.01 x 8.85 cm)
- Weight: 2.6 lbs. (1.18 kg)
- RoHS Compliant: Yes
- Warranty: 1-year