Sitni Sati FumeFX[maya] 4.x
Get the best prices on Autodesk products, hands down.
Due to manufacturer's restrictions, we're not allowed to advertise discounted pricing. To see the best price we can offer click the get quote button and one of our Autodesk experts will send you a customized price quote.
What's the difference between Single User & Multi User?
Most Open Box items are like new.
Open Box items at Motion Media are typically units that cannot be considered "New", including, but not limited to:
- demo units
- returned units
- brand new units that show wear to the exterior packaging from handling
- manufacturer refurbished units
Please call for details on this item before purchasing
This item is purchased from a non-US vendor. Due to fluctuating currency exchange rates, we strongly advise you to get a quote before purchasing. The price may be lower than listed here.
Call us at (310) 450-4000 or
contact us via email.
Get 0% Interest
Pay this off over 12 months!
Motion Media offers a 12 month, 0 interest payment plan for all items over $1k. Offer is available nationwide to business and individuals*.
Please call for details. 888-542-8941
Ask an expert
Not sure what you need or if you're looking at the right product?
Welcome to the FumeFX - a groundbreaking solution designed for realistic and breathtaking fire, smoke and explosion effects. This unique plug-in is a powerful gaseous fluid dynamics simulator created by Sitni Sati for seamless integration with Autodesk Media & Entertainment's Maya™ modeling and animation software. Designed for use by visual effects artists, game developers, and visualization professionals who demand the utmost in realism, FumeFX is unrivalled in its ability to capture the nuance and complexity of fluid gas behavior.
FumeFX for 3ds Max has been already production proven in feature film titles such as Oblivion, Hugo, Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance, Thor, Red Tails, Priest, 2012, Skyline, Suckerpunch, Spiderman 3, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Superman Returns, Iron Man, The Host (Gwoemul) and various games cinematics such as Warhammer Online, Classic Transformers and Dante's Inferno while FumeFX for Maya has been used on The Avengers, Oz the Great and Powerful and Thor.
- Production proven results demonstrate this technology's ability to achieve realistic smoke and fire effects for cutting-edge industry applications.
- FumeFX supplements the user's artistic vision with the power of real-world physics for the ultimate in both style and realism.
- GPU accelerated Preview Windows with self-shadows, multiple scattering and geometry.
- A multitude of parameters and FumeFX helpers give users maximum control of the fluid's behavior and appearance.
- Easy to use, basic effects can be created with just a few clicks.
- Dynamic simulations allow for bi-directional influence between FumeFX and particle systems.
- FumeFX is capable of dynamic interaction with other scene objects.
- Simulation of nested grids in one go (N-Sim).
- Powerfull Effectors that can contol almost every parameter on a per-voxel basis.
- Application of various Deformers on caches.
- FumeFX can use Variable Density solver that uses smoke density and temperature as variables.
- Start simulations from scratch or by using other simulation results as a starting point.
- Stop, pause and continue simulations at any point.
- Simulation is multithreaded - users can select how many CPU's to dedicate to their simulation.
- Users can watch the simulation progress in the interactive GPU accelerated Preview Window.
- Interactive simulation allows user to change almost every parameter during the simulation and see it's influence on the simulation result.
- Draft simulations can be created in mere minutes for fast previewing.
- Multiple advection schemes that can minimize numerical dissipation.
- User has control of which data is written to output files for rendering and further processing.
- Wavelet Turbulence algorithm quickly adds extra detail to low resolution simulation caches while preserving the existing overall motion.
- Retimer is a very efficient and fast method to slow down or speed up caches without the need to re-run simulation.
- Post Processing module can significantly reduce cache size by optimizing grid size around smoke/fire. It also allows users to decide which channels will be excluded from the final caches.
- mental ray renderer support - available for both Windows and Linux.
- The GPU accelerated Preview Window gives users almost instant feedback on render settings.
- Fast self-shadowing is produced through an Illumination Map which is integrated inside of the FumeFX object.
- A highly efficient Multiple Scattering model enhances light dispersion throughout fluid .
- Fluid Mapping integrates procedural map details with fluid motion.
New in version 4.0
- New, faster solver.
- New vorticity type.
- Sharpening of various channels during the simulation.
- New burning model with oxygen.
- Wavelet or Post simulation to be able to wait for caches (DC-deferred caches option).
- Infinite nesting of N-Sim grids.
- Faster cache pre-processing at render time.
- Email notifications.
- Spline Follow force.
- Faster application of objects and sources.
- Defector objects voxelization resolution and minimal voxelization.
- OpenVDB support.
- Effector has an option to use a 3D Texmap for input.
- Field3D and OpenVDB importer allows for channels assignment.
- PRT|PDC particle system.
- Direct picking of ParticleFlow events.
- ParticleFlow float and vector channel access.
- Motion blur rendering support.
- Black-body shader.
- Support for VRay's deep data.
- Sharpening of fire and smoke at render time.
- Faster mental ray shader Illumination Map computation
- Faster rendering preprocessing.
- Recently used caches list.
- Quick path/filename versioning.
- Cache files delete.
- Read-only mode so that user can't overwrite caches by an accident.
- CPU Preview Window can have shadows as well.
- Shadows inside the Maya viewport.
- Preview Window exact window size.
- Support for 64-bit Windows only.
Version: 4.1, released 02/21/2017
- FumeFX for Maya now supports OS X.
- FumeFX for Maya supports Maya 2015, 2016, 2016.5, and 2017 (64-bit).