FumeFX is a powerful fluid dynamics plugin-in for Maxon Cinema 4D, designed for simulation and rendering of realistic fire, smoke, explosions and other gaseous phenomena. Unrivalled in its ability to capture the subtlety and complexity of fluid gas behavior it is favored among visual effects artists, game developers, visualization professionals and everyone else who demand the utmost in realism.
The innovative FumeFX user interface combines all the major fluid simulation components making the simulation setup easy and efficient. It allows user to change parameters during the simulation with instant feedback or even to directly edit FumeFX sources without the need to switch back and forth between dialogs.
The FumeFX interface integrates simulation, rendering, presets and source parameters in one place. It provides quick and easy navigation through simulation caches and offers intuitive control of simulation parameters.
- GPU Viewport
The GPU accelerated viewport produces render-comparable images to give instant feedback on appearance and behavior of the simulation. Among many advantages, it supports viewport .png export during the simulation.
In order to boost productivity, FumeFX can utilize Deadline, or remote desktop applications to run simulation tasks on another computer with FumeFX or FumeFX SL installed.
The FumeFX simulation core has been constantly improved and refined to deliver high level of realism with minimal simulation times. With over 10 years of successful usage in film production, video games, the advertisement industry and other areas that require realistic fire and smoke have helped in shaping the fluid simulation package that users can rely on. Whether making a candle dancing on the wind or destroying a whole city block in 2012 movie style, FumeFX can help you deliver the shot on time and within budget.
- The Solver
The QCG solver in FumeFX is optimized for speed and robustness. It has complete control over the realism vs speed balance.
- Combustion with Oxygen
The Fire model within FumeFX adds Oxygen to the equation. This new component brings forth various new ways to creatively control the burn process.
With the addition of various vorticity models, you can now choose from visually different curl types, giving your FumeFX simulations a more unique look and feel.
- Wavelet Turbulence
It's never been easier to add more detail to an existing FumeFX simulation. It is a fast, memory efficient and predictable way to increase grid resolution.
- Post Processing
The Post Processing lets you retime caches, bake Render Warps, convert between various formats, or improve cache fetch and save disk space by excluding channels that are no longer needed in your workflow.
FumeFX is tightly integrated with Thinking Particles and different FumeFX-based operators provide ultimate particle control.
When it comes to flexibility FumeFX has no rivals. Its tools offer user control over almost every simulation parameter where changes are based on the grid data. It is even possible use of deformers to fine tune the shape of the volumetric effect - making a tornado has never been easier.
- Xpresso and Python
FumeFX is integrated in Cinema4D and provide access to almost all of its user dialog parameters inside the Xpresso editor. For maximum flexibility users can access various FumeFX simulation voxel data by using the Python language.
- Render Warps
Whether you want to create a special effect or need to tweak a final animation, with Render Warps there are many more possibilities. With just a few mouse clicks users can warp their cached simulation and watch the resulting deformation directly inside the Cinema 4D Viewport, or in rendered images.
Gain creative control over almost every simulation parameter and field. With Effectors it is simple to control vorticity by velocity or to generate smoke based on any other channel value. Effectors take channel data to the next step.
FumeFX has been already production proven in feature film titles such as Justice League, Spider-Man: Homecoming, Doctor Strange, Deadpool, Thor, The Last Witch Hunter, Star Trek: Into Darkness, 2012, GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra and many more.
FumeFX for Cinema 4D has support for Standard and Physical renderer as well as Arnold renderer. Other renderers like Redshift, VRay, Octane and Corona can render FumeFX caches by using the OpenVDB file format.
When using Standard and Physical renderer the FumeFX has built-in illumination map and multiple scattering models for faster rendering. It also supports the rendering of the motion blur.
The FumeFX shader incorporates the Black-body fire shader with artistic-friendly controls, render sharpening for crisp details and smoke color based on the simulated color.
- Arnold Renderer
Native FumeFX-Arnold shader integration allows user to render fire and smoke with utmost realism without the need for fxd to vdb conversion. Standard Shader also supports AOVs for normal, depth and velocity pass.
- Product Identifiers -MPN: FumeFX[c4d] 5.0 Workstation
Hassle Free Returns
At Motion Media, our goal is to ensure your complete satisfaction with your purchase. If, for whatever reason, you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you may return it to Motion Media within 30 days. Claims for missing items or items damaged in transit must be received within three business days of receipt of merchandise.
Refunds on returned items will be issued in the same payment form as tendered at the time of purchase. If payment was made by credit card, once we receive the product we will credit your account. Please allow 7-10 days for a credit to appear on your credit card statement. If payment was made by check, please allow 10 business days for a refund check to be issued.
Please read all conditions below. If conditions are not met, Motion Media reserves the right to refuse the return or to charge a restocking fee of up to 25%.
How to return or exchange an item:
- In order to return an item you need to first obtain an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number.
- To request an RMA number, please visit our contact page and send us an email with the request.
- To request an RMA number by phone, call Customer Service at 310-450-4000.
- Place the original package into a shipping carton.
- Include the invoice and the reason for the return. If defective, please specify the defect.
- Please do not place stickers or shipping labels on the original manufacturer's package.
- The RMA number must be clearly written on the outer box. If you received a label in the email, print the label and tape it to the carton.
- Ship via insured ground service with a tracking number. Return shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer. We are not responsible for lost or damaged packages.
- Send pre-authorized returns to:
Motion Media, LLC
709 N. Douglas St.
El Segundo, CA 90245
- Alternatively, you may return an item at our office at the above location, with an approved RMA.
- All returned or exchanged items must be in new condition, in the original box, and must include all packing material, blank warranty cards, manuals, and all accessories.
- Motion Media is not responsible for personal data or items left in returned merchandise.
- Defective items may be repaired or exchanged at our discretion for the same model or manufacturer's equivalent model.
- RMA numbers are valid for 10 days.
- Motion Media is not responsible for any consequential or incidental damage resulting from the sale or use of any merchandise bought from us. We are responsible for the monetary value of the merchandise only.
No Return/Exchange On:
- Any Electronically Delivered Software*
- 3D Printers & Accessories
- Custom systems built or modified by Motion Media to customer's specifications
- Educational dvd's and books once unwrapped
- Motion Media Gift Cards are redeemable for merchandise only and may not be redeemed for cash.
*We offer 30 day returns on Autodesk licenses, excluding monthly terms.