AfterBurn is a production-proven volumetric effects plugin that has been used in cinematic productions such as Flight of the Phoenix, K-19: The Widowmaker, Armageddon, Dracula 2000, various IMAX movies and games such as Warcraft 3, Starcraft, Sin and many others.
It is a particle based volumetric solution, where AfterBurn builds a volumetric effect around each particle center. With numerous controls, user can add more or less detail to the volume, change color, rendering method and more. Most of the parameters can be animated over the particle age (or some other property) by using AFC and Interpolation Controller.
AfterBurn pioneered many unique features to 3ds max atmospherics, such as intuitive user interface layout, AFC controllers, HyperSolids rendering engine, metaballs, AfterBurn Daemons, support for Rendering Effects and more.
This all-in-one solution enables rendering of ultra realistic effects ranging from clouds, pyroclastic smoke, dust, superb explosions effects, liquid metals and various procedurally defined "hard" objects.
With constant innovations and improvements, it is clear why AfterBurn has become a standard when it comes for volumetric effects in many studios worldwide.
One of the AfterBurn's many unique features is the ability to assign glows, and even depth-of-field to different parts of the volumetric effect. This is possible since AfterBurn lets the user create their own channels for Z-Buffer, ID-Channel Buffer, and Age Buffer. These channels can be transferred to 3ds max standard buffers through FusionWorks for use of other (non-AfterBurn) Rendering Effects. AfterBurn even has its own Glow filter, which is capable of glowing AfterBurn volumetric output - with glow color, strength and size varying with the age of the volumetric particle.
With AfterBurn's intuitive user interface and three preview windows, exacting complex effects can be created quickly. Like 3ds max, nearly every parameter is animatable. As an aid to animating parameters based on particle age, AfterBurn features optional spline-based graphic control (AFC) of almost each parameter
Effects like fire turning into a smoke are easily created with just one particle emitter, and one AfterBurn entry.
- Product Identifiers -MPN: Afterburn 4.2 (upgrade from 3.2)
Hassle Free Returns
At Motion Media, our goal is to ensure your complete satisfaction with your purchase. If, for whatever reason, you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you may return it to Motion Media within 30 days. Claims for missing items or items damaged in transit must be received within three business days of receipt of merchandise.
Refunds on returned items will be issued in the same payment form as tendered at the time of purchase. If payment was made by credit card, once we receive the product we will credit your account. Please allow 7-10 days for a credit to appear on your credit card statement. If payment was made by check, please allow 10 business days for a refund check to be issued.
Please read all conditions below. If conditions are not met, Motion Media reserves the right to refuse the return or to charge a restocking fee of up to 25%.
How to return or exchange an item:
- In order to return an item you need to first obtain an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number.
- To request an RMA number, please visit our contact page and send us an email with the request.
- To request an RMA number by phone, call Customer Service at 310-450-4000.
- Place the original package into a shipping carton.
- Include the invoice and the reason for the return. If defective, please specify the defect.
- Please do not place stickers or shipping labels on the original manufacturer's package.
- The RMA number must be clearly written on the outer box. If you received a label in the email, print the label and tape it to the carton.
- Ship via insured ground service with a tracking number. Return shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer. We are not responsible for lost or damaged packages.
- Send pre-authorized returns to:
Motion Media, LLC
709 N. Douglas St.
El Segundo, CA 90245
- Alternatively, you may return an item at our office at the above location, with an approved RMA.
- All returned or exchanged items must be in new condition, in the original box, and must include all packing material, blank warranty cards, manuals, and all accessories.
- Motion Media is not responsible for personal data or items left in returned merchandise.
- Defective items may be repaired or exchanged at our discretion for the same model or manufacturer's equivalent model.
- RMA numbers are valid for 10 days.
- Motion Media is not responsible for any consequential or incidental damage resulting from the sale or use of any merchandise bought from us. We are responsible for the monetary value of the merchandise only.
No Return/Exchange On:
- Any Electronically Delivered Software*
- 3D Printers & Accessories
- Custom systems built or modified by Motion Media to customer's specifications
- Educational dvd's and books once unwrapped
- Motion Media Gift Cards are redeemable for merchandise only and may not be redeemed for cash.
*We offer 30 day returns on Autodesk licenses, excluding monthly terms.