The Roland V-40HD Multi-Format Live Video Switcher is a welcomed addition to the powerful V-1600HD and V-800HD model lineup. The V-40HD Live Video Switcher is ideal for any live event or installation that requires the freedom to connect a variety of sources whether they be digital or analog, computer or video format. It is particularly positioned to support configurations using popular HDMI cameras as well as computers. The V-40HD handles true multi-format video meaning there is no need to match input sources to the output resolution. Every input has it's own broadcast quality scaler that individually scales each source as required to fit any output resolution chosen. The Roland V-40HD boasts twelve inputs on four channels plus one (background), and 5 output connectors with independent scalers on the inputs and output allowing you to connect HDMI/DVI, RGB, component and composite sources. It supports input/output resolutions up to 1080/60p or 1920x1200. The V-40HD is HDCP compliant which allows you to mix copy-protected game and Blu-ray content with other computer and camera sources. It features an input source multi-viewer output that provides a convenient monitoring solution when connected to an HDMI monitor.
- SCALING Zoom and Adjustment - The V-40HD features scalers that let you make settings independently for every input source. With these, you can take input sources of different resolutions and adjust to any sizing.
- INPUT Selectors - Select from among HDMI, RGB/Component, and Composite as the connector for each input. With just one touch, you can access the video source from any of the three pieces of equipment connected to the respective inputs.
- INPUT Connectors 1 - 4 - Support for three formats per input. [HDMI] Up to WUXGA, 1080p [RGB/Component] Up to WUXGA, 1080p [Composite] 480i or 576i HDMI inputs support an embedded audio signal.
- AUDIO INPUT Mix analog audio into HDMI video - The V-40HD is equipped with inputs for analog audio equipment. This enables you to embed analog audio in the HDMI video output.
- OUTPUT Selectors - Three types of output formats to choose from. Select SD, HD, or RGB simply by pressing a button.
- PVW (Preview) Selectors - Chooses the view displayed on a preview monitor. Select a four-way split screen, PST, PGM or DSK to display. *The resolution and refresh rate of monitor output is fixed at 1920 x 1080/60 Hz (progressive). *Use an HDMI monitor that supports HDCP and 60p signals. *When INPUT is selected (four-way split), the sources are displayed using a reduced frame rate.
- Output Connectors - Connect monitors, projectors, or recording equipment. [HDMI] Up to WUXGA, 1080p [RGB/Component] Up to WUXGA, 1080p [Composite] 480i or 576i *In HDCP mode, no video signals are output from the RGB/Component and composite connectors.
- DSK - (Downstream Keyer) Composite logos and text into output video. You can overlay logos and text onto composited and switched video. Scene transitions underneath logos or text that remain displayed is possible. - P in P Two images can be combined into one video image. You can select any of four positions for an inset screen: top left, bottom left, top right, or bottom right. You can also freely adjust the size of the inset screen.
- WIPE PATTERN - Easy selection of video transition effects.
- VIDEO FADER - Switch the sources at the speed you want. Using the video fader (T-bar ) lets you carry out scene transitions, fade-ins, and fade-outs manually at exactly the speed you want.
- MEMORY Save panel settings - You can save the V-40HD's settings in internal memory. Each of the five memory banks can hold five sets of settings, letting you save a total of 25 configurations.
- Control Interface
- Controllable the V-40HD via any MIDI device - A Roland digital audio mixer like the M-200i V-Mixer can link to the V-40HD for audio-follows-video application. Connect another V-40HD for more inputs.
- Use RS-232C for integrated remote control - It's possible to connect a computer, wall panel or other remote device and use it to control switching, effects, and other operations.
- USB PORT For saving the internal memory - This lets you connect a USB flash drive and save the internal memory to it.
Hassle Free Returns
At Motion Media, our goal is to ensure your complete satisfaction with your purchase. If, for whatever reason, you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you may return it to Motion Media within 30 days. Claims for missing items or items damaged in transit must be received within three business days of receipt of merchandise.
Refunds on returned items will be issued in the same payment form as tendered at the time of purchase. If payment was made by credit card, once we receive the product we will credit your account. Please allow 7-10 days for a credit to appear on your credit card statement. If payment was made by check, please allow 10 business days for a refund check to be issued.
Please read all conditions below. If conditions are not met, Motion Media reserves the right to refuse the return or to charge a restocking fee of up to 25%.
How to return or exchange an item:
- In order to return an item you need to first obtain an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number.
- To request an RMA number, please visit our contact page and send us an email with the request.
- To request an RMA number by phone, call Customer Service at 310-450-4000.
- Place the original package into a shipping carton.
- Include the invoice and the reason for the return. If defective, please specify the defect.
- Please do not place stickers or shipping labels on the original manufacturer's package.
- The RMA number must be clearly written on the outer box. If you received a label in the email, print the label and tape it to the carton.
- Ship via insured ground service with a tracking number. Return shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer. We are not responsible for lost or damaged packages.
- Send pre-authorized returns to:
Motion Media, LLC
709 N. Douglas St.
El Segundo, CA 90245
- Alternatively, you may return an item at our office at the above location, with an approved RMA.
- All returned or exchanged items must be in new condition, in the original box, and must include all packing material, blank warranty cards, manuals, and all accessories.
- Motion Media is not responsible for personal data or items left in returned merchandise.
- Defective items may be repaired or exchanged at our discretion for the same model or manufacturer's equivalent model.
- RMA numbers are valid for 10 days.
- Motion Media is not responsible for any consequential or incidental damage resulting from the sale or use of any merchandise bought from us. We are responsible for the monetary value of the merchandise only.
No Return/Exchange On:
- Any Electronically Delivered Software*
- 3D Printers & Accessories
- Custom systems built or modified by Motion Media to customer's specifications
- Educational dvd's and books once unwrapped
- Motion Media Gift Cards are redeemable for merchandise only and may not be redeemed for cash.
*We offer 30 day returns on Autodesk licenses, excluding monthly terms.