SmoothKit is a set of filters that complements and extends the features of basic blurs and sharpens provided by host applications. Each plugin in SmoothKit is carefully crafted with fine control to provide the ultimate in filtering. SmoothKit's emphasis is precise control of the filtering process with no compromise on image quality.
SmoothKit allows you to blur without blurring over edges, sharpen with much less ringing, intelligently reduce small image defects, reduce jaggies, blur with per-pixel direction control, and z-blur using greyscale depth images. Many plugins have per-pixel controls, allowing you to vary the amount of blur or the direction of the blur, and many other controls, at each pixel.
As an example, with SmoothKit you can smooth out the skin in someone's face but not eliminate the details of the hair that hangs in front of the face. In addition to "effects", the SmoothKit toolset can be used to reduce image defects in a much more intelligent manner.
- Ability to selectively filter the luminance, or the chrominance, or each of the RGB channels independently.
- Soften areas while preserving sharp edges.
- Sharpen plugin with a "multi-res" mode that significantly reduces usual sharpening ringing artifacts.
- Optional grayscale images may be used to scale filters on a pixel-by-pixel basis.
- Includes a jaggie-reducing filter, to help eliminate staircasing.
- Median filter option (in the Diffusion plugin) that produces much less blocky results than regular median filters.
- Intelligently reduces block artifacts (for example, DV or MPEG compressed footage).
- Ability to soften areas without blurring edges.
- Directional filtering with per-pixel direction and strength controls.
- Ability to use splines to control the direction of the blur at each pixel (After Effects and combustion only).
- Multi-frame (temporal) filtering with several processing modes.
- Z-blur that uses depth maps for blurring control. Ability to change where the focal point should be.
- 8 and 16 bits per channel processing (only 8 bits per channel supported within Final Cut Pro). Floating point image support in After Effects 7.0 or later.
- Optimization to take advantage of After Effects's region-of-interest and other smart rectangle processing.
- Better multiprocessing support.
- Product Identifiers -MPN: SMOK3F
Hassle Free Returns
At Motion Media, our goal is to ensure your complete satisfaction with your purchase. If, for whatever reason, you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you may return it to Motion Media within 30 days. Claims for missing items or items damaged in transit must be received within three business days of receipt of merchandise.
Refunds on returned items will be issued in the same payment form as tendered at the time of purchase. If payment was made by credit card, once we receive the product we will credit your account. Please allow 7-10 days for a credit to appear on your credit card statement. If payment was made by check, please allow 10 business days for a refund check to be issued.
Please read all conditions below. If conditions are not met, Motion Media reserves the right to refuse the return or to charge a restocking fee of up to 25%.
How to return or exchange an item:
- In order to return an item you need to first obtain an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number.
- To request an RMA number, please visit our contact page and send us an email with the request.
- To request an RMA number by phone, call Customer Service at 310-450-4000.
- Place the original package into a shipping carton.
- Include the invoice and the reason for the return. If defective, please specify the defect.
- Please do not place stickers or shipping labels on the original manufacturer's package.
- The RMA number must be clearly written on the outer box. If you received a label in the email, print the label and tape it to the carton.
- Ship via insured ground service with a tracking number. Return shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer. We are not responsible for lost or damaged packages.
- Send pre-authorized returns to:
Motion Media, LLC
709 N. Douglas St.
El Segundo, CA 90245
- Alternatively, you may return an item at our office at the above location, with an approved RMA.
- All returned or exchanged items must be in new condition, in the original box, and must include all packing material, blank warranty cards, manuals, and all accessories.
- Motion Media is not responsible for personal data or items left in returned merchandise.
- Defective items may be repaired or exchanged at our discretion for the same model or manufacturer's equivalent model.
- RMA numbers are valid for 10 days.
- Motion Media is not responsible for any consequential or incidental damage resulting from the sale or use of any merchandise bought from us. We are responsible for the monetary value of the merchandise only.
No Return/Exchange On:
- Any Electronically Delivered Software*
- 3D Printers & Accessories
- Custom systems built or modified by Motion Media to customer's specifications
- Educational dvd's and books once unwrapped
- Motion Media Gift Cards are redeemable for merchandise only and may not be redeemed for cash.
*We offer 30 day returns on Autodesk licenses, excluding monthly terms.