Redshift is the world's first fully GPU-accelerated, biased renderer.
Redshift renders scenes many times faster than existing CPU-based renderers. Save time and money, and unleash your creativity!
Redshift is a biased renderer. Redshift uses approximation and interpolation techniques to achieve noise-free results with relatively few samples, making it much faster than unbiased rendering.
Redshift supports several biased global illumination techniques including:
- Brute Force GI
- Photon Mapping (with Caustics)
- Irradiance Cache (similar to Irradiance Map and Final Gather)
- Irradiance Point Cloud (similar to Importons and Light Cache)
You choose the techniques that work best for your particular scene.
Redshift uses an out-of-core architecture for geometry and textures, allowing you to render massive scenes that would otherwise never fit in video memory.
A common problem with GPU renderers is that they are limited by the available VRAM on the video card - that is they can only render scenes where the geometry and/or textures fit entirely in video memory. This poses a problem for rendering large scenes with many millions of polygons and gigabytes of textures.
With Redshift, you can render scenes with tens of millions of polygons and a virtually unlimited number of textures with off-the-shelf hardware.
Proxies and Instances
Redshift supports geometry instancing allowing you to render massive scenes with large numbers of repeating objects, like grass or trees, efficiently with almost no memory overhead.
Redshift also supports render proxies which allow you to place previously exported geometry in your scene but loading into memory only at render time when it is needed. With proxies, you can render scenes that would otherwise not even load in the host DCC application. Like regular geometry, Redshift proxies can be instanced, making rendering scenes with billions of instanced polygons possible.
1-Click Progressive Rendering
Redshift provides a progressive rendering mode that allows you to conveniently and interactively preview your scene without waiting for GI prepasses. This mode uses progressive refinement to give you draft quality results almost immediately while continuously refining the quality over time.
Powerful Shading and Texturing
Redshift uses a flexible node-based shader system supporting complex shading networks. With support for surface, photon, environment, light and lens shaders, as well as a variety of BRDF lighting models, Redshift gives you the power and flexibility to achieve photorealistic results or highly stylized effects.
When photorealism is your goal, Redshift provides physically correct surface shaders, physically correct lights, photometric (IES) lights, and a physical sun & sky system.
Redshift includes several optimizations that help you achieve noise-free results without sacrificing performance by automatically adjusting the number of samples used throughout the renderer based on a variety of heuristics.
The net result is that more samples are taken where they are needed and fewer samples are taken when they yield little benefit.
Keep Working While You Render
Because Redshift runs on the GPU with minimal CPU usage, your machine remains responsive while you render.
Tight DCC integration
Redshift seamlessly translates the geometry, cameras, lights, materials and other relevant properties of the host application, minimizing the learning curve. Redshift runs directly within the host DCC applications, so you can use Redshift just like you would the native renderer of the DCC.
Redshift currently includes plugin integration with Autodesk Maya (2011 and higher), Autodesk Softimage (2011 and higher) and Autodesk 3dsMax (2013 and higher) running on Windows (XP and higher). Support for Linux is coming soon.
- GPU accelerated raytracing, global illumination and shading
- Out-of-core geometry and texturing
- Multi-GPU support
- Unified sampling
- Displacement with auto-bump
- Hair primitive tracing
- Volumetric lighting and fog
- Camera and object motion blur (including deformation blur)
- Geometry instances
- Multiple importance sampling
- Per-object visibility flags (camera visible, shadow visible, GI visible, etc...)
- Light-object linking
- Irradiance Cache
- Irradiance Point Cloud
- Photon Mapping (GI and Caustics)
- Flexible node-based shader system
- Point-based sub-surface scattering (SSS)
- Layered skin shader
- Bump and normal mapping
- Environment shaders
- Architectural (physically correct)
- Car paint
- Hair shader
- Multiple BRDF lighting models
- Physical sun and sky
- Physically correct lights
- Photometric (IES) lights
- Portal lights
- Dome lights
- Mesh lights
- Area, point, distant, and spot lights
- Stereo Spherical
- Photographic exposure (physical camera, tonemapping, vignetting, etc...)
- Depth-of-Field (Bokeh)
- Lens distortion (via UV map)
- High quality elliptical filtering
- UDIM support
- Deep and Layered EXR support
- Motion Vectors
- World Position
- Z Depth
- Diffuse, Raw Diffuse & Diffuse Albedo
- Sub-surface Scatter
- GI & Raw GI
- Caustics & Raw Caustics
- Bump Normals
- Puzzle Matte (aka Multi-Matte)
- Autodesk Softimage 2011, 2011.5, 2012, 2012.5, 2013, 2014, 2014 and 2015
- Autodesk Maya 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016
- Autodesk 3dsMax 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016
- 64-bit only
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 and 10 (64-bit only)
Redshift requires an NVIDIA GPU with CUDA compute capability 2.0 or higher and 1GB VRAM or more.
You can determine the compute capability of your NVIDIA GPU by visiting https://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-gpus.
OpenCL support is planned for a future release.
Hassle Free Returns
At Motion Media, our goal is to ensure your complete satisfaction with your purchase. If, for whatever reason, you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you may return it to Motion Media within 30 days. Claims for missing items or items damaged in transit must be received within three business days of receipt of merchandise.
Refunds on returned items will be issued in the same payment form as tendered at the time of purchase. If payment was made by credit card, once we receive the product we will credit your account. Please allow 7-10 days for a credit to appear on your credit card statement. If payment was made by check, please allow 10 business days for a refund check to be issued.
Please read all conditions below. If conditions are not met, Motion Media reserves the right to refuse the return or to charge a restocking fee of up to 25%.
How to return or exchange an item:
- In order to return an item you need to first obtain an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number.
- To request an RMA number, please visit our contact page and send us an email with the request.
- To request an RMA number by phone, call Customer Service at 310-450-4000.
- Place the original package into a shipping carton.
- Include the invoice and the reason for the return. If defective, please specify the defect.
- Please do not place stickers or shipping labels on the original manufacturer's package.
- The RMA number must be clearly written on the outer box. If you received a label in the email, print the label and tape it to the carton.
- Ship via insured ground service with a tracking number. Return shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer. We are not responsible for lost or damaged packages.
- Send pre-authorized returns to:
Motion Media, LLC
709 N. Douglas St.
El Segundo, CA 90245
- Alternatively, you may return an item at our office at the above location, with an approved RMA.
- All returned or exchanged items must be in new condition, in the original box, and must include all packing material, blank warranty cards, manuals, and all accessories.
- Motion Media is not responsible for personal data or items left in returned merchandise.
- Defective items may be repaired or exchanged at our discretion for the same model or manufacturer's equivalent model.
- RMA numbers are valid for 10 days.
- Motion Media is not responsible for any consequential or incidental damage resulting from the sale or use of any merchandise bought from us. We are responsible for the monetary value of the merchandise only.
No Return/Exchange On:
- Any Electronically Delivered Software*
- 3D Printers & Accessories
- Custom systems built or modified by Motion Media to customer's specifications
- Educational dvd's and books once unwrapped
- Motion Media Gift Cards are redeemable for merchandise only and may not be redeemed for cash.
*We offer 30 day returns on Autodesk licenses, excluding monthly terms.