Pixologic ZBrush is a digital sculpting and painting program that has revolutionized the 3D industry with its powerful features and intuitive workflows. Built within an elegant interface, ZBrush offers the world's most advanced tools for today's digital artists. With an arsenal of features that have been developed with usability in mind, ZBrush creates a user experience that feels incredibly natural while simultaneously inspiring the artist within. With the ability to sculpt up to a billion polygons, ZBrush allows you to create limited only by your imagination.
Designed around a principle of circularity, the menus in ZBrush work together in a non-linear and mode-free method. This facilitates the interaction of 3D models, 2D images and 2.5D Pixols in new and unique ways.
ZBrush gives you all of the tools needed to quickly sketch out a 2D or 3D concept and then take that idea all the way to completion. You can create realistic renders directly in ZBrush with lighting and atmospheric effects. With the many powerful export options, you can easily prepare your model for 3D printing or use within any other digital application.
Because ZBrush users are enabled by its powerful software processing, you can sculpt and paint with millions of polygons with out having to worry about purchasing expensive graphics cards. It is for this reason why ZBrush is used by everyone from art enthusiast to major film and games studios.
Leave technical hurdles and steep learning curves behind, as you sculpt and paint with familiar brushes and tools.
Single User License
Each license receives a unique serial number which is assigned to a single artist. ZBrush may be activated by internet, email or phone. Internet deactivation is also available from within the software, making it easy to move ZBrush between computers. Single User licenses have a "Home Use" rule which allows them to be installed and activated on two computers (such as a desktop and laptop or a work computer and home machine), provided that both copies aren't actually run at the same time.
Individual students and faculty can receive a discount on the Single User license. This copy of ZBrush is full-featured with no watermarks or other limitations. It is also able to receive any free upgrade offers that Pixologic extends, with the license remaining an academic license after the upgrade. The only limitation is in the license itself, which allows ZBrush to be used strictly for non-profit/non-commercial purposes. An individual academic license may be upgraded through Pixologic Support to a full commercial license at any time, receiving a discount of 50% off the current commercial price at time of upgrade.
Version 4R8 features
ZBrush 4R8 continues Pixologic' tradition of creating digital sculpting tools that enable an artist to design with immediate response, even with digital sculptures that have vast amounts of detail. The list of new features in ZBrush 4R8 expand upon the digital sculpting workflow within ZBrush. Many new features will provide increased freedom while designing, foremost of which are Live Boolean and Vector Displacement Mesh. ZBrush 4R8 introduces multi-language support, as well as many other enhancements such as a new transformation tool, the Gizmo 3D and a new text generator that will allow the artist to create text and logos with real-time adjustments. And these are only the beginning!
- Live Boolean
For all their power, Boolean systems have historically required a lot of trial and error before finally getting a satisfying result. With Live Boolean, artists gain the ability to combine multiple sculptures together and see in real-time what the resulting mesh will look like. Any model can be subtracted from another, regardless of their polygon counts. You can even use Live Boolean with the existing instancing systems in ZBrush such as NanoMesh and ArrayMesh. While Live Boolean is active, you can even sculpt on your models while previewing the Boolean results. All of these options can be combined together to provide new sculpting workflows that are unique to ZBrush.
- Vector Displacement Mesh
Expand your Alpha arsenal with a new library of Vector Displacement Meshes (VDM). These are 3D sculpts used as brush building blocks that will allow undercutting when drawing on a model’s surface. As an example, you can draw a nose complete with nostrils in a single brush stroke. Or an ear with complete front and back sides. Or a bent finger, scales with a raised angle or even an open mouth. All of this without lost depth or detail.
Vector Displacement Mesh creates real overhangs as you sculpt. Push the details of your model with precise placement on sculpts with millions of polygons.
- Gizmo 3D
The Gizmo 3D provides the artist with a new, simple UI element that will allow sculpts to be manipulated and transformed with precise control. Gizmo 3D can be easily placed at any location or orientation to perform accurate transformations. You can instantly change the pivot point for Move, Scale, or Rotation. There are options to rotate relative to the surface normal or world axis and much more.
- Multiple Language Support
ZBrush 4R8 is now available* in several languages: English, Chinese (Simplified), French, German, Japanese, Korean, and Spanish. You can switch from one language to another at any time. Beyond the officially supported languages, it is even possible to create your own custom translation which can be shared with others. (*While the ZBrush interface has been translated into these languages, customer support from Pixologic remains English, only.)
ZBrush System Requirements
- OS: 64-bit editions of Windows Vista or newer.
- CPU: Intel i5/7/Xeon technology or AMD equivalent.
- RAM:8 GB required for working with multi-million poly models. (16+ GB preferred.)
- HDD: 100 GB of free hard drive space for ZBrush and its scratch disk. (SSD drive highly recommended.)
- Pen Tablet: Wacom or Wacom compatible. (WinTab API.)
- Monitor: 1920x1080 monitor resolution or higher with 32-bit color.
- Video card: All types.
- OS: 64-bit editions of Windows Vista or newer. (32-bit operating systems are no longer supported.)
- CPU: Pentium or equivalent AMD.
- RAM: 4 GB (6+ GB strongly recommended)
- HDD: 8 GB of free hard drive space for ZBrush and its scratch disk.
- Monitor: 1280x1024 monitor resolution with 32-bit color.
- OS: Mac OSX: 10.8 or above.
- CPU: Intel i5/7/Xeon technology.
- RAM: 8 GB required for working with multi-million polys. (16+ GB preferred.)
- HDD: 100GB of free hard drive space ZBrush and its scratch disk. (SSD drive highly recommended.)
- Pen Tablet: Wacom or Wacom compatible. (Carbon API.)
- Monitor: 1920x1080 monitor resolution or higher with millions of colors.
- Video card: All types
Hassle Free Returns
At Motion Media, our goal is to ensure your complete satisfaction with your purchase. If, for whatever reason, you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you may return it to Motion Media within 30 days. Claims for missing items or items damaged in transit must be received within three business days of receipt of merchandise.
Refunds on returned items will be issued in the same payment form as tendered at the time of purchase. If payment was made by credit card, once we receive the product we will credit your account. Please allow 7-10 days for a credit to appear on your credit card statement. If payment was made by check, please allow 10 business days for a refund check to be issued.
Please read all conditions below. If conditions are not met, Motion Media reserves the right to refuse the return or to charge a restocking fee of up to 25%.
How to return or exchange an item:
- In order to return an item you need to first obtain an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number.
- To request an RMA number, please visit our contact page and send us an email with the request.
- To request an RMA number by phone, call Customer Service at 310-450-4000.
- Place the original package into a shipping carton.
- Include the invoice and the reason for the return. If defective, please specify the defect.
- Please do not place stickers or shipping labels on the original manufacturer's package.
- The RMA number must be clearly written on the outer box. If you received a label in the email, print the label and tape it to the carton.
- Ship via insured ground service with a tracking number. Return shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer. We are not responsible for lost or damaged packages.
- Send pre-authorized returns to:
Motion Media, LLC
709 N. Douglas St.
El Segundo, CA 90245
- Alternatively, you may return an item at our office at the above location, with an approved RMA.
- All returned or exchanged items must be in new condition, in the original box, and must include all packing material, blank warranty cards, manuals, and all accessories.
- Motion Media is not responsible for personal data or items left in returned merchandise.
- Defective items may be repaired or exchanged at our discretion for the same model or manufacturer's equivalent model.
- RMA numbers are valid for 10 days.
- Motion Media is not responsible for any consequential or incidental damage resulting from the sale or use of any merchandise bought from us. We are responsible for the monetary value of the merchandise only.
No Return/Exchange On:
- Any Electronically Delivered Software*
- 3D Printers & Accessories
- Custom systems built or modified by Motion Media to customer's specifications
- Educational dvd's and books once unwrapped
- Motion Media Gift Cards are redeemable for merchandise only and may not be redeemed for cash.
*We offer 30 day returns on Autodesk licenses, excluding monthly terms.