Greatness in a small package
The LaCie Rugged Mini 2TB Mobile Hard Disk is the smallest rugged hard drive from LaCie and it's stellar performance continues to make this one of LaCie's most popular hard drives to date. The LaCie Rugged Mini Hard Disk shares features with our popular Rugged Hard Disk, like shock resistance, drop resistance, and even the iconic bright orange rubber sleeve for even more protection. But with the Rugged Mini, LaCie went a step further by making it rain-resistant, and pressure-resistant enough to survive up to 2000lbs of direct force! Its small size makes it perfect to take with you wherever you go, and its rugged exterior provides protection against the day to day grind that is your real life. Motion Media, LLC carries the entire line of the most current LaCie Mobile Hard Drives for all your digital media storage needs.
The Speed of USB 3.0
With the Rugged Mini, you've got the speed of USB 3.0, and full backward compatibility with USB 2.0, meaning that you can use it on almost any computer. You can transfer a 700MB video file in less than 7 seconds with USB 3.0, compared to 25 seconds with USB 2.0. Additionally, you can use the LaCie Mac® USB 3.0 Driver to improve data transfer speed on your Mac (up to a 30% performance increase compared to FireWire 800).
The Rugged Mini doesn't just keep your data safe from external forces, it also protects against data thieves. With secure password protection software built-in, it's easy to make sure that your files are secure and protected, no matter where you go. You can even access your password-protected files using any computer, ensuring complete data mobility-and complete data safety. Learn more about LaCie Private-Public
- 2 TB Capacity
- Shock-, rain-, and pressure-resistant
- Password protection
- USB 3.0
- Drop-resistant up to 1.2 meters (about 3.9 feet)
- LaCie Private-Public Password Protection
1TB (Terabyte) = 1000GB. 1GB = 1,000,000,000 bytes. Total accessible capacity varies depending upon operating environment (typically 5-10% less).
- 2 TB
- 1 x USB 3.0 port (USB 2.0 compatible)
Rotational Speed (rpm):
Interface Transfer Rate:
- USB 3.0: up to 5Gb/s
- USB 2.0: up to 480Mb/s
Maximum Drop Height:
- 1.2 meters / 47.2 inches / about 1.2 feet in non-operating mode (dropping is not recommended in operating mode)
- 86 x 135 x 19 mm / 3.4 x 5.3 x 0.75 in.
- 240 g / 8.5 oz.
- 2-Year Limited Manufacturer's Warranty
- Computer with a USB 3.0, USB 2.0
- Latest version of Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 / Mac OS X 10.5 (Intel Only), 10.6, 10.7, 10.8
- Note: Windows XP does not recognize volumes of more than 2TB.
- Minimum free disk space: 600MB recommended
- High-speed internet for online storage
- Check www.lacie.com/usb3mac for USB 3.0 Mac compatibility
* Tests performed using IOZone tool in SMB file systems. PC used: Core2 Duo 2 Ghz /1 GB RAM / Network card RealTek / Crossed cable / XP Professional for 64KB I/O, Vista Professional for 1MB I/O. Performance depends on file system used, file size, and may vary from one drive to another.
*These maximum transfer rates were achieved using Blackmagic Disk Speed Test. Performance test system: Windows 7 32-bit, Intel Core i7 860, 2 x Corsair XMS3 DDR3 PC16000 CL9 2GB. Burst transfer rates vary from one computer to another and may vary slightly from one drive to another. Average speed is usually lower depending on host configuration.
*** Calculations are based on 1080i 60 (8-bit) for uncompressed HD video, NTSC DV 25 standard-definition 720x486, 29.97 fps for digital video; and an estimation of Digital SLR resolution of 10 megapixels for RAW photos of 12MB. These calculations are only estimations and may vary with the codec used.
2TB (Terabyte) = 1000GB. 1GB = 1,000,000,000 bytes. Total accessible capacity varies depending upon operating environment (typically 5-10% less).
Hassle Free Returns
At Motion Media, our goal is to ensure your complete satisfaction with your purchase. If, for whatever reason, you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you may return it to Motion Media within 30 days. Claims for missing items or items damaged in transit must be received within three business days of receipt of merchandise.
Refunds on returned items will be issued in the same payment form as tendered at the time of purchase. If payment was made by credit card, once we receive the product we will credit your account. Please allow 7-10 days for a credit to appear on your credit card statement. If payment was made by check, please allow 10 business days for a refund check to be issued.
Please read all conditions below. If conditions are not met, Motion Media reserves the right to refuse the return or to charge a restocking fee of up to 25%.
How to return or exchange an item:
- In order to return an item you need to first obtain an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number.
- To request an RMA number, please visit our contact page and send us an email with the request.
- To request an RMA number by phone, call Customer Service at 310-450-4000.
- Place the original package into a shipping carton.
- Include the invoice and the reason for the return. If defective, please specify the defect.
- Please do not place stickers or shipping labels on the original manufacturer's package.
- The RMA number must be clearly written on the outer box. If you received a label in the email, print the label and tape it to the carton.
- Ship via insured ground service with a tracking number. Return shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer. We are not responsible for lost or damaged packages.
- Send pre-authorized returns to:
Motion Media, LLC
709 N. Douglas St.
El Segundo, CA 90245
- Alternatively, you may return an item at our office at the above location, with an approved RMA.
- All returned or exchanged items must be in new condition, in the original box, and must include all packing material, blank warranty cards, manuals, and all accessories.
- Motion Media is not responsible for personal data or items left in returned merchandise.
- Defective items may be repaired or exchanged at our discretion for the same model or manufacturer's equivalent model.
- RMA numbers are valid for 10 days.
- Motion Media is not responsible for any consequential or incidental damage resulting from the sale or use of any merchandise bought from us. We are responsible for the monetary value of the merchandise only.
No Return/Exchange On:
- Any Electronically Delivered Software*
- 3D Printers & Accessories
- Custom systems built or modified by Motion Media to customer's specifications
- Educational dvd's and books once unwrapped
- Motion Media Gift Cards are redeemable for merchandise only and may not be redeemed for cash.
*We offer 30 day returns on Autodesk licenses, excluding monthly terms.