Modo's powerful and flexible 3D modeling, texturing and rendering toolset empowers artists to explore and develop ideas without jumping through technical hoops. Modo® is your starting point for creative exploration.
- The Industry's Fastest Modeling Toolset
With fast direct modeling, flexible procedural modeling, the award-winning MeshFusion Boolean toolset and built-in sculpting tools all working together, Modo's modeling moxie is unmatched.
- A Sandbox For Creative Exploration
Free yourself from creativity-killing constraints, with Modo's intuitive, artist-friendly toolset. From roughing out volumes to creating highly detailed forms, Modo lets you focus on creation, not construction.
- Faster Iterations
With its advanced photorealistic viewport and progressive renderer, and WYSIWYG look-dev for Unity and Unreal, Modo lets you visualize your designs as you develop them, so you can discover their ultimate potential in less time.
- A Custom Fit For Your Workflow
Build your own kit of specialized tools by combining different operations, with Modo's flexible tool assembly system. With Modo, every job you do becomes easier, as you continually develop new efficiencies.
- Out-Of-The-Box Value
Modo offers modeling, sculpting, texturing, painting and photorealistic rendering in one cohesive, easy-to-use content creation package, with unlimited network rendering capabilities included.
- The Perfect Fit For Your Pipeline
Modo fits right into your pipeline, with Python and C++ APIs; a fully customizable UI; and support for industry-standard formats like OpenSubdiv, OpenColorIO, OpenEXR, OpenVDB and Alembic.
Introducing Modo 12 Series
The Modo 12 Series delivers enhanced model-bashing tools and workflows, a VR viewport embedded in the UI, iterative design workflows, and vastly improved animation capabilities.
- glTF 2.0 Export to Facebook
Developed in conjunction with Facebook's new '3D Posts' functionality, artists can now create 3D objects in Modo and then share them on the Facebook News Feed. Facebook users can then grab, spin and interact with the objects to look at them from all angles. This technology presents artists with a unique opportunity to create more engaging and compelling content, whilst offering users the opportunity to enjoy interactive 3D experiences on Facebook.
- Mesh Paint Refinements
Modo's Mesh Paint tool has been brought up-to-date and enhanced, allowing you to quickly bash out models and environments faster than ever before. With the ability to now paint random presets, you can utilize asset libraries in new and exciting ways, and the new array paint modes give you greater control when painting more ordered collections of objects.
- MeshFusion Surface Strips
MeshFusion is significantly enhanced with Surface Strips, an innovative new feature that works by allowing the creation of strip geometry or topology that lies flush on any Fusion Item surface. This provides a wide range of opportunities for Post-Fusion modeling with either Procedural operations or direct modeling of the Fusion Output Mesh. The most obvious examples are channels and ridges along arbitrary paths - but the range of applications is much much wider, allowing artists to explore iterations more creatively than ever before.
- Modeling and Design Creation Enhancements
The Jitter tool has new options to randomize the position, scale and rotation of connected geometry within a single Item. It also works with connected selections, allowing you to quickly add subtle realism in situations where previously it would have been difficult. It's now possible to model even faster in a single 3D viewport by moving objects towards you and away from you without having to interact directly with any transform handles. And a new tool handle has been added to the Vertex Slide tool, giving you greater control when tweaking the position of vertices in a mesh.
- New Procedural Mesh Operations
A Triangulate MeshOp has been added, which lets you export triangulated models in a non- destructive manner. The Merge Mesh operator can now read replicator items as geometry inputs, allowing replicated geometry to be manipulated using procedural modeling tools, and providing an easy way to convert a replicator item into a single mesh item for export. It's now possible to modulate the shape of an Item Falloff via the Mini Graph Editor, allowing for a much wider array of falloff effects when rigging or procedural modelling. The new Falloff Operator lets you drive Mesh Operation Falloffs via a range of scene and geometric parameters.
- Cloud Assets and Foundry Share Site
Creating, sharing and downloading preset assets has been improved. Cloud Assets can now be dragged and dropped into the item tree or directly into the Modo viewport. Just want to download the assets and not apply them to your scene? Use the new download badge that appears in the upper left of the preset thumbnail. The process of preset creation has also been significantly streamlined. It's now possible to create any preset type by simply dragging from it's location in the UI into any preset browser.
- UV Tools and Workflow Refinements
Modo's fast and nimble workflows continue to be refined, with UI optimization and new toolbar menu options making it easier to manage 3rd party Modo Add-ons. The Modo Modes toolbar has been re-organized for more consistency, with a number of modes now having improved workflows, vastly reducing the number of clicks involved in a standard Modo modelling session, while the UV viewport has new buttons to give easy access to a range of common display options. The Fit UVs command has new Gaps options to set border padding. Also, it's now easier to align multiple UV selections in one go.
- The Hatchet Collection
Modo 12.0 comes with a selection of python scripts from the popular Hatchet Collection, enhancing core functionality in Modo and making asset creation even more efficient. There's a wide variety of tools to convert curve types, offset curves, select random, and much more.
- Advanced Viewport GPU Acceleration
The Advanced Viewport in Modo now uses Multi Sample Anti-Aliasing (MSAA) GPU hardware to speed up anti-aliased rendering. This is a faster, rough and ready version of an also-available Supersampling method. The new GPU powered Anisotropic texture filtering provides superior viewport texture quality in virtually all cases, at the slight expense of performance.
- Rendering and Shading Improvements
Providing a much more flexible way of rendering specific frames, a new frame range channel has been added that controls which frames are to be rendered during animation rendering. The new glTF Material Shader allows for complete WYSIWYG between Modo's native renderer, the advanced viewport, and any other application that supports the glTF shading model. A Shading Model drop-down has also been added that includes both PBR & Unlit settings.
Hassle Free Returns
At Motion Media, our goal is to ensure your complete satisfaction with your purchase. If, for whatever reason, you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you may return it to Motion Media within 30 days. Claims for missing items or items damaged in transit must be received within three business days of receipt of merchandise.
Refunds on returned items will be issued in the same payment form as tendered at the time of purchase. If payment was made by credit card, once we receive the product we will credit your account. Please allow 7-10 days for a credit to appear on your credit card statement. If payment was made by check, please allow 10 business days for a refund check to be issued.
Please read all conditions below. If conditions are not met, Motion Media reserves the right to refuse the return or to charge a restocking fee of up to 25%.
How to return or exchange an item:
- In order to return an item you need to first obtain an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number.
- To request an RMA number, please visit our contact page and send us an email with the request.
- To request an RMA number by phone, call Customer Service at 310-450-4000.
- Place the original package into a shipping carton.
- Include the invoice and the reason for the return. If defective, please specify the defect.
- Please do not place stickers or shipping labels on the original manufacturer's package.
- The RMA number must be clearly written on the outer box. If you received a label in the email, print the label and tape it to the carton.
- Ship via insured ground service with a tracking number. Return shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer. We are not responsible for lost or damaged packages.
- Send pre-authorized returns to:
Motion Media, LLC
709 N. Douglas St.
El Segundo, CA 90245
- Alternatively, you may return an item at our office at the above location, with an approved RMA.
- All returned or exchanged items must be in new condition, in the original box, and must include all packing material, blank warranty cards, manuals, and all accessories.
- Motion Media is not responsible for personal data or items left in returned merchandise.
- Defective items may be repaired or exchanged at our discretion for the same model or manufacturer's equivalent model.
- RMA numbers are valid for 10 days.
- Motion Media is not responsible for any consequential or incidental damage resulting from the sale or use of any merchandise bought from us. We are responsible for the monetary value of the merchandise only.
No Return/Exchange On:
- Any Electronically Delivered Software*
- 3D Printers & Accessories
- Custom systems built or modified by Motion Media to customer's specifications
- Educational dvd's and books once unwrapped
- Motion Media Gift Cards are redeemable for merchandise only and may not be redeemed for cash.
*We offer 30 day returns on Autodesk licenses, excluding monthly terms.