HDR Light Studio software provides 3D artists with a new way to light 3D imagery. Paint your shot with lights. The lighting process is now easy, fast, precise, creative and enjoyable. HDR Light Studio builds lighting that is used by your existing 3D software and renderer. By adding HDR Light Studio, 3D artists become more productive and image quality improves.
Interactive Image Based Lighting
The dynamic HDRI environment map is updated in real-time as lights are added and adjusted, as is the Render View that is lit by it.
HDRI Area Lights
HDR Light Studio can also create and control 3D Area Lights / Emitters inside your 3D software. These are positioned with the same intuative interface, clicking and dragging on the 3D model. Area Lights are currently compatible with 3ds Max, Maya, Cinema 4D, MODO, Houdini and Octane Render Standalone Connections.
More than Studio Lighting
HDR Light Studio is best known for studio lighting, as the software name suggests. However you can do much more in HDR Light Studio than create studio HDRI maps. You can load and 'enhance, augment, mix' existing HDR and LDR image content using HDR Light Studio's powerful features. Allowing you to take full control over the lighting effect of any existing HDRI map.
Use Standalone or Connected
HDR Light Studio can be used standalone - load a 3D scene and produce the perfect HDRI map.
Connect HDR Light Studio with your 3D software and Renderer. Lighting is built and updated live within your 3D software as you light with HDR Light Studio. Connections are available for:
- 3ds Max
- Cinema 4D
- SOLIDWORKS Visualize
- Maxwell Studio
- Octane Render Standalone
Includes a Library of Light Sources
HDR Light Studio includes a library of over 200 high quality HDR photographs of soft boxes, spot lights, windows and even clouds.
Version: Xenon Drop 2
Release Date: 1/26/2021
The first filter added to HDR Light Studio is Diffusion - a blur effect that mimics the diffusion of light through a material like tracing paper or cloth. Spreading and softening the light.
Diffusion key features:
- Real-time - change settings with instant feedback
- Energy Conserving - preserving the amount of light in your HDRI map.
- Spherical option for HDRI Maps
- Planar option for Area Lights
- Use with Masking to apply Diffusion to specific regions
- Available only on Composite Light content
The lighting process is about creativity and experimentation. There are so many lighting decisions to make and so many different approaches you can try out. Light Looks allow you to easily store, compare, duplicate and edit multiple lighting designs in a single HDR Light Studio project - supporting your creative lighting process.
Use the new Light Looks feature to:
- Try Different Lighting Looks
Kind of goes without saying... but... you can use Light Looks to create distinctly different lighting moods or styles for the same shot. These are all stored in the same HDR Light Studio project. So once you or your client chooses their favourite Look, it's easy to select it and produce the final render or make further tweaks to the lighting if needed.
- Saving Lighting Iterations
During the lighting process, duplicate the Look you are working on, and then continue with the lighting process. By creating this history of the lighting process using Light Looks, you can easily compare earlier versions and decide if the lighting has improved or not.
- Lighting for different Cameras
In a single HDR Light Studio project, you can now set up a lighting design for each camera view. So you no longer need to save multiple scenes file in your host 3D software for each lighting design.
- Use Child Looks to make adjustments to a common Base
Imagine you have a product to light, but it comes in different colors. Set up a base Look as the foundation for your lighting. Then create Child Looks to augment the lighting for each colorway, i.e. adding different lights on top of the common base. With a Child Look active, all lighting higher up in the 'tree hierarchy' is added together like one big light list.
New Learning Videos
There are 6 new learning videos that will teach you how to use the new features, over 40 minutes of training in total.
- Product Identifiers -MPN
: HDR Light Studio - Pro - Node Locked / Permanent
- Product Specifications -
- Windows: 7, 8, 8.1, 10
- Mac OS: 10.12.0 (Sierra) or later
- Certified against: Scientific Linux 7.2
- Compatible with: Centos 7, Fedora 19+ (not 27 though), Ubuntu 13.10+, Mint 16+, Debian 8+, OpenSUSE 13.2+
- 3ds Max - 2019, 2020, 2021 - Plug-in build 2020.0814 (updated)
- Blender - 2.83 (LTS), May work with newer versions, test prior to purchase - Plug-in build 2020.0828
- Cinema 4D - 19, 20, 21.115 or higher, 22 - Plug-in build 2019.1212
- DeltaGen - 2017, 2018, 2019 (and the x-builds), 2020 (and the x-builds) - Plug-in build 2020.0319
- Houdini - 17, 17.5, 18 - Plug-in build 2020.0218
- Maya - 2018, 2019, 2020 - Plug-in build 2020.0302
- MODO - 11, 12, 13, 14 (Windows and OSX) - Plug-in build 2019.0710
- LightWave 3D - 2018, 2019, 2020 - Plug-in build 2019.1212
- Rhino 5 (Windows only) - Plug-in build 2018.0206
- Rhino 6 (Windows only) - Plug-in build 2019.0624
- Octane Standalone: 2020 (Windows only) , Plug-in build 2020.0805 (updated)
- VRED - 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2020.1, 2021 (Windows only) - No additional plug-in installation required
- Maxwell Studio - 4/5 (Windows only) - No additional plug-in installation required
- SOLIDWORKS Visualize - 2017 and above (Windows) - No additional plug-in installation required
Hassle Free Returns
At Motion Media, our goal is to ensure your complete satisfaction with your purchase. If, for whatever reason, you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you may return it to Motion Media within 30 days. Claims for missing items or items damaged in transit must be received within three business days of receipt of merchandise.
Refunds on returned items will be issued in the same payment form as tendered at the time of purchase. If payment was made by credit card, once we receive the product we will credit your account. Please allow 7-10 days for a credit to appear on your credit card statement. If payment was made by check, please allow 10 business days for a refund check to be issued.
Please read all conditions below. If conditions are not met, Motion Media reserves the right to refuse the return or to charge a restocking fee of up to 25%.
How to return or exchange an item:
- In order to return an item you need to first obtain an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number.
- To request an RMA number, please visit our contact page and send us an email with the request.
- To request an RMA number by phone, call Customer Service at 310-450-4000.
- Place the original package into a shipping carton.
- Include the invoice and the reason for the return. If defective, please specify the defect.
- Please do not place stickers or shipping labels on the original manufacturer's package.
- The RMA number must be clearly written on the outer box. If you received a label in the email, print the label and tape it to the carton.
- Ship via insured ground service with a tracking number. Return shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer. We are not responsible for lost or damaged packages.
- Send pre-authorized returns to:
Motion Media, LLC
709 N. Douglas St.
El Segundo, CA 90245
- Alternatively, you may return an item at our office at the above location, with an approved RMA.
- All returned or exchanged items must be in new condition, in the original box, and must include all packing material, blank warranty cards, manuals, and all accessories.
- Motion Media is not responsible for personal data or items left in returned merchandise.
- Defective items may be repaired or exchanged at our discretion for the same model or manufacturer's equivalent model.
- RMA numbers are valid for 10 days.
- Motion Media is not responsible for any consequential or incidental damage resulting from the sale or use of any merchandise bought from us. We are responsible for the monetary value of the merchandise only.
No Return/Exchange On:
- Any Electronically Delivered Software*
- 3D Printers & Accessories
- Custom systems built or modified by Motion Media to customer's specifications
- Educational dvd's and books once unwrapped
- Motion Media Gift Cards are redeemable for merchandise only and may not be redeemed for cash.
*We offer 30 day returns on Autodesk licenses, excluding monthly terms.