X-Particles is a fully-featured particle and VFX system for Cinema 4D. Using a unique system of Questions and Actions you get full control over your particle simulations without the need for Xpresso or Cinema 4D's native particle system. Particles, fluids, and gaseous simulations all in one place. An essential component of an artist's toolkit, INSYDIUM has vastly improved the visual effects features such as Cloth, Smoke, Fire and fluids. Alongside, they've given some of their existing features a significant overhaul, others just a little fine-tuning. Designers can switch effortlessly between motion graphics and VFX, within a unified system built on the most intuitive particle software on the market.
Core features of X-Particles
- The Emitter Object
The X-Particles Emitter Object is the beating heart of X-Particles, opening up full control over every aspect of each particle.
- The System Object
X-Particles is built seamlessly into Cinema 4D like it is part of the application. Compatible with the existing particle modifiers, object deformers, Mograph effectors, Hair and Thinking Particles. If you know how to use the Mograph module, you already know how to use X-Particles. It's that easy.
- The Control System
Using a simple and unique system of questions and answers, the X-Particles Control System is the brain centre of your particle simulations. You can setup complex rules and events to trigger an unlimited amount of effects.
X-Particles enables you to render particles, splines, smoke and fire, all within the Cinema 4D renderer. A range of shaders are also included for sprites, particle wet maps, skinning colour and even using sound to texture your objects.
New Features in 4.0 include:
- xpExplosiaFX Part II
xpExplosiaFX comes with its inbuilt forces, but the real beauty is its ability to interact with other X-Particles Modifiers and Generators. Add xpTurbulence for erratic movement, then drag the Offset xpRotator into your modifier list. Layering up the modifiers gives you unprecedented control over your smoke and fire simulations. Drive smoke simulations with the new xpFlowField, just create a custom velocity field using xpFlowField and add a circle spline. The smoke simulation hits the velocity field, and the smoke will be affected. You can use the simulation to advect particles, creating stunning effects. Use xpExplosiaFX to define the colour of your advected particles, custom colour or use the shader. You can even pass on the temperature information of the simulation and use this to colour your particles. xpExplosiaFX is fully integrated into the X-Particles system, you've never had so much control over your smoke, fire and particles simulations.
- xpExplosiaFX Part I
xpExplosiaFX will become your first stop in the creation of realistic smoke, fire and explosive simulations. Various settings provide you with unparalleled control and interaction. Adjust the voxel size to control the resolution. View different channels such as temperature, velocity and speed. You can isolate each channel, for example, switch off smoke to concentrate on fire or vice versa. Introduce the Forces tab, and add wind to your scene, make the movement erratic, and fine-tune the detail by adding curl turbulence, to produce even more realistic simulations. Select scene objects to interact with your smoke and fire; objects can be polygonal, parametric, or animated. Use the X-Particles emitter source, add some physical data to the particles like fuel, give the emitter an EFX source tag and the particles will create amazing explosions. Increase velocity in the emitter tag, the fire and smoke will respect the initial velocity if the particles, for fantastic mid-air explosions. Render xpExplosiaFX with a standard or physical render inside Cinema 4D, using X-Particles Gaseous shader for outstanding results. For stunning realism and speed of render use xpExplosiaFX in Cycles 4D.
- xpFluidFX and xpFluidPBD
xpFluidPBD is a particle-based dynamic solver, ideal for fast, small scale fluid simulations. Mix with any of the X-Particles modifiers to fine tune and art direct your fluids. Combine xpFluidPBD with the new xpSplineFlow modifier to build complex simulation shots for all your clients needs. Add the xpOpenVDB mesher and get fast interactive fluid animations at your fingertips. The new xpFluidPBD Solver works with all X-Particles systems, add XPConstraints and use the inbuilt viscosity and surface tension to bring life to your fluids. For fast fluid dynamics in X-Particles 4, use the New xpFluidPBD solver
INSYDIUM's new hybrid SPH solver xpFluidFX uses the latest techniques in fluid dynamics for medium to large scale fluid simulations. With the solver added to your scene, you can set your fluid on an as per Emitter basis, giving you full control over the type and look of your fluid simulation. Setting up highly viscous fluids with surface tension is easy, add more Emitters to your scene to create mixed density simulations with ease. Fill objects and maintain the particle volume, mix in the X-Particles Foam and Spray Object for wonderful fluid advected particle effects. Collisions are handled with the new xpFluidFX Collider Tag, for full control over collision simulation, adaptive collisions can help save memory for faster simulation feedback. Use xpFluidFX in creative new ways in X-Particles 4, for unique fluid simulations.
The all-new xpClothFX Dynamics system brings remarkably fast cloth simulations right into the X-Particles workflow. You can drive cloth with any X-Particles Modifier and rip it apart with the advanced tearing options. This feature adds a whole new dimension to motion design effects and destruction VFX shots. xpClothFX, the next chapter in our ongoing journey to bring our users a fully unified dynamics system right inside Cinema 4D.
- Product Identifiers -MPN
- Product Specifications -
- Operating Systems
- Either a 64-bit version of Windows 7 or later, or OSX 10.8.5 (Mountain Lion) or later. Note that Cinema 4D itself may have different requirements, especially depending on the version of OSX you are using. The latest requirements for Cinema 4D can be found on the MAXON website.
- Supported Cinema 4D versions
X-Particles 4 will work in any of these Cinema 4D versions:
For full system requirements, please refer to the X-Particles Help Manual on INSYDIUM's website.
Hassle Free Returns
At Motion Media, our goal is to ensure your complete satisfaction with your purchase. If, for whatever reason, you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you may return it to Motion Media within 30 days. Claims for missing items or items damaged in transit must be received within three business days of receipt of merchandise.
Refunds on returned items will be issued in the same payment form as tendered at the time of purchase. If payment was made by credit card, once we receive the product we will credit your account. Please allow 7-10 days for a credit to appear on your credit card statement. If payment was made by check, please allow 10 business days for a refund check to be issued.
Please read all conditions below. If conditions are not met, Motion Media reserves the right to refuse the return or to charge a restocking fee of up to 25%.
How to return or exchange an item:
- In order to return an item you need to first obtain an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number.
- To request an RMA number, please visit our contact page and send us an email with the request.
- To request an RMA number by phone, call Customer Service at 310-450-4000.
- Place the original package into a shipping carton.
- Include the invoice and the reason for the return. If defective, please specify the defect.
- Please do not place stickers or shipping labels on the original manufacturer's package.
- The RMA number must be clearly written on the outer box. If you received a label in the email, print the label and tape it to the carton.
- Ship via insured ground service with a tracking number. Return shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer. We are not responsible for lost or damaged packages.
- Send pre-authorized returns to:
Motion Media, LLC
709 N. Douglas St.
El Segundo, CA 90245
- Alternatively, you may return an item at our office at the above location, with an approved RMA.
- All returned or exchanged items must be in new condition, in the original box, and must include all packing material, blank warranty cards, manuals, and all accessories.
- Motion Media is not responsible for personal data or items left in returned merchandise.
- Defective items may be repaired or exchanged at our discretion for the same model or manufacturer's equivalent model.
- RMA numbers are valid for 10 days.
- Motion Media is not responsible for any consequential or incidental damage resulting from the sale or use of any merchandise bought from us. We are responsible for the monetary value of the merchandise only.
No Return/Exchange On:
- Any Electronically Delivered Software*
- 3D Printers & Accessories
- Custom systems built or modified by Motion Media to customer's specifications
- Educational dvd's and books once unwrapped
- Motion Media Gift Cards are redeemable for merchandise only and may not be redeemed for cash.
*We offer 30 day returns on Autodesk licenses, excluding monthly terms.