HDR Light Studio software provides 3D artists with a new way to light 3D imagery. Paint your shot with lights. The lighting process is now easy, fast, precise, creative and enjoyable. HDR Light Studio builds lighting that is used by your existing 3D software and renderer. By adding HDR Light Studio, 3D artists become more productive and image quality improves.
Create the perfect HDRI environment in minutes with Lightmap HDR Light Studio. Lighting shots is now fast, precise and easy. Simply click on the model to position lights on a live HDRI map.
HDR Light Studio transforms your lighting workflow:
- Studio Lighting
- Lighting to match a back-plate image
- Adding lights/adjustments to existing HDRI maps
- LightPaint - click on the 3D model in HDR Light Studio to position lights
- Create and edit HDRI maps in real-time
- Procedural lights, image based lights and procedural sky
- Loads Alembic and Collada scenes
- Includes a large library of HDRI light source captures
- Ideal lighting solution for Physically Based Rendering
- OpenColorIO Color Management
- Craft lighting to a higher level
- Explore more lighting treatments
- User Friendly
- Puts the art back into lighting
- Easy to use with real-time feedback
- Precisely position lighting and reflections on 3D models
- Cost Effective
- Increase productivity - light shots in minutes not hours
- Image based lighting can significantly reduce render times
- Works with your existing hardware/software
- Improve Quality
- HDR lighting raises image quality to the next level
What is the workflow with HDR Light Studio standalone?
In your main 3D software, the model has materials applied, the camera view is setup, you are now ready to light...
- Export the 3D scene as an Alembic or Collada file
- Start HDR Light Studio standalone and load the 3D file
- Load an existing HDRI map to edit, or start with a blank canvas
- Add a new lights in HDR Light Studio
- Click/drag on the 3D model in HDR Light Studio to position lights
- To finish, HDR Light Studio generates a high-resolution HDRI map
- Use this HDRI map for image based lighting in your 3D software
Version: Carbon Drop 4
Release Date: 10/24/2018
Carbon Drop 4 Features
- Gamma control has been added to images
- Light Content Properties have been tabbed to save space and reduce the need for scrolling.
- Content Presets (Content:Images, Content:Bulbs, Content: Gradients etc.) are even easier and faster to use:
- Drag and drop onto any of the new content tabs (Master, Value Blend, Alpha Multiply)
- Right Click on Content Preset thumbnail and choose 'Apply to Current Light' to apply (Master Content).
- Drag and Drop Content Presets onto lights in the Light List to apply them (Master Content).
- Batch Import of images as Element:Images
- Easily add a batch of images to your User Presets, as Element: Images, by dragging and dropping the images onto the Presets panel in HDR Light Studio.
- Resolution of loaded image is now shown on light properties panel.
- Change in behavior: Middle mouse wheel scrolling does not scroll through the contents of a drop down list when the cursor is over the drop down. This change in behavior prevents accidental changing of light properties when scrolling up and down the light properties panel.
Updated to support Houdini 17
- Updated to support RenderMan 22.
- Fixing issues with latest Octane Render (API was overhauled and broke HDR Light Studio compatibility).
- Maya/Octane: Later release of Octane broke HDR Light Studio compatibility. This has now been fixed.
- Maya/Octane: Fixed a potential crash issue when starting the Octane IPR in Maya via HDR Light Studio.
3ds Max Connection
- 3ds Max/VRay Next: Fix issue with toggling area lights on and off.
- 3ds Max / Redshift: Updated to use the new Redshift Render View, this will only work with Redshift 2.6.24+
Production Render crash fix when lights are placed with a latitude of 90 (at the bottom of the map).
Cinema 4D Connection
Support added for Cinema 4D r20 (Released 12 Nov 2018)
Hassle Free Returns
At Motion Media, our goal is to ensure your complete satisfaction with your purchase. If, for whatever reason, you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you may return it to Motion Media within 30 days. Claims for missing items or items damaged in transit must be received within three business days of receipt of merchandise.
Refunds on returned items will be issued in the same payment form as tendered at the time of purchase. If payment was made by credit card, once we receive the product we will credit your account. Please allow 7-10 days for a credit to appear on your credit card statement. If payment was made by check, please allow 10 business days for a refund check to be issued.
Please read all conditions below. If conditions are not met, Motion Media reserves the right to refuse the return or to charge a restocking fee of up to 25%.
How to return or exchange an item:
- In order to return an item you need to first obtain an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number.
- To request an RMA number, please visit our contact page and send us an email with the request.
- To request an RMA number by phone, call Customer Service at 310-450-4000.
- Place the original package into a shipping carton.
- Include the invoice and the reason for the return. If defective, please specify the defect.
- Please do not place stickers or shipping labels on the original manufacturer's package.
- The RMA number must be clearly written on the outer box. If you received a label in the email, print the label and tape it to the carton.
- Ship via insured ground service with a tracking number. Return shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer. We are not responsible for lost or damaged packages.
- Send pre-authorized returns to:
Motion Media, LLC
709 N. Douglas St.
El Segundo, CA 90245
- Alternatively, you may return an item at our office at the above location, with an approved RMA.
- All returned or exchanged items must be in new condition, in the original box, and must include all packing material, blank warranty cards, manuals, and all accessories.
- Motion Media is not responsible for personal data or items left in returned merchandise.
- Defective items may be repaired or exchanged at our discretion for the same model or manufacturer's equivalent model.
- RMA numbers are valid for 10 days.
- Motion Media is not responsible for any consequential or incidental damage resulting from the sale or use of any merchandise bought from us. We are responsible for the monetary value of the merchandise only.
No Return/Exchange On:
- Any Electronically Delivered Software*
- 3D Printers & Accessories
- Custom systems built or modified by Motion Media to customer's specifications
- Educational dvd's and books once unwrapped
- Motion Media Gift Cards are redeemable for merchandise only and may not be redeemed for cash.
*We offer 30 day returns on Autodesk licenses, excluding monthly terms.