With the highest pixel density yet in EIZO's ColorEdge lineup at an astonishing185 ppi, 4K image display has never been so smooth. With the new ColorEdge CG248-4K-BK 4K monitor, now you can enjoy the exceptional detail in high-resolution photographs that cannot be reproduced with a standard monitor. Alphanumeric characters and contours are also distinguished with excellent sharpness for the printing workflow. The 4K ultra-high-definition (UHD) screen (3840 x 2160) is four times the size of full HD (1920 x 1080), making it ideal for high-resolution photography or as a reference monitor for 4K video creation.
Built-In Calibration Sensor
Automate your calibration with the built-in calibration sensor that eliminates the time and effort of an external calibration device. With the dedicated ColorNavigator 6 and ColorNavigator NX software, you can schedule the monitor to self-calibrate at specific times so you can always be sure that images are displayed with exceptional color accuracy. The monitor will stick to its preset schedule even if it is switched off or not connected to a computer.
True Blacks with 1000:1 Contrast Ratio
The high contrast ratio of 1000:1 produces true blacks that are otherwise difficult to display on a typical LCD monitor. The dark tones retain their depth even when viewing the screen from an angle in a dimly-lit studio.
With a single cable, the UHD 4K resolution is supported at 60 Hz by both DisplayPort 1.2 inputs and at 30 Hz by both HDMI inputs.
Reproduces 99% of the Adobe RGB Color Space
Reproduce the sky blues and lush greens that standard sRGB monitors cannot with the monitor's 99% Adobe RGB coverage. Images shot in RAW can be converted to Adobe RGB or images shot in Adobe RGB will be displayed correctly. The wide color gamut also ensures that the monitor covers 100% of the Rec. 709, EBU, and SMPTE-C standards as well as 93% of the DCI used in post production. Whether you are working with photo, video, or print, this monitor ensures faithful color reproduction for a multitude of creative industries.
Consistent Color Display with IPS Panel
A large screen monitor often exhibits color shift when viewed from an angle. With an IPS panel, more than one person can view the screen at once with little change in color or contrast.
Individually Adjusted at the Factory
EIZO adjusts the RGB color characteristics of each monitor at its factory to eliminate variation and ensure smooth tonal display.
Stable Color in Just Three Minutes
A typical monitor takes 30 minutes or more for its brightness, chromaticity, and tone characteristics to stabilize. EIZO has shortened the warm-up time to a mere three minutes. Whether you are working in a studio or taking the monitor with you on location, you get reliable color display soon after turning the monitor on.
10-Bit Simultaneous Display
With 10-bit simultaneous color display* from a 16-bit look-up table, the CG248-4K-BK can show more than one billion colors simultaneously. This is 64 times as many colors as you get with 8-bit display which results in even smoother color gradations and reduced Delta-E between two adjacent colors.
*A graphics board and software which support 10-bit output are also necessary for 10-bit display. Equipment that supports Deep Color is necessary with the HDMI inputs.
Broadcast and Cinema Presets
Preset modes for EBU, Rec. 709, SMPTE-C, and DCI ensure you can work in the appropriate color spaces and gamma values. To switch between the presets just push a button on the front of the monitor. With the built-in calibration sensor, you can adjust or maintain the brightness setting for each preset.
Shading Hood Included
To prevent ambient light from reflecting off the screen, a shading hood that surrounds the top and left and right sides is bundled with the monitor.
The bundled ColorNavigator software makes calibration both simple and quick. Just input target values for brightness, white point, and gamma. The built-in sensor directly utilizes the monitor's look-up table and creates an ICC profile within minutes.
With ColorNavigator Network software, an administrator can centralize management of all CG248-4K-BK and other ColorEdge monitors on a network. For example the administrator can self-calibrate, set color modes, register or edit asset management settings and other tasks whether the monitors are local or remote. This ensures that monitors always have the proper settings and saves hundreds or even thousands of hours in annual maintenance time.
Brightness and Color Warranty
Brightness and color are warrantied for up to 10,000 hours from the date of production. Must be used within the recommended brightness of 120 cd/m2 or less and the color temperature between 5000: 6500 K.
A manufacturer's 5-year warranty covers all components including the LCD panel. EIZO can guarantee a long service life because it manufacturers its products at its own factories ensuring close control over production quality.
- Product Identifiers -MPN: CG248-4K-BK
- In The Box -
- AC power cord
- Signal cables (DisplayPort - DisplayPort, Mini DisplayPort - DisplayPort)
- USB cable
- Setup guide
- EIZO LCD Utility Disk (ColorNavigator software, PDF user's manual)
- Adjustment certificate
- Monitor hood
- Quick reference
- Warranty card
- Product Specifications -
|Size||23.8" / 60 cm (604 mm diagonal)|
|Native Resolution||3840 x 2160 (1.9:1 aspect ratio)|
|Display Size (H x V)||527.04 x 296.46 mm|
|Pixel Pitch||0.13725 x 0.13725 mm|
|Grayscale Tones||DisplayPort, HDMI: 1024 tones (a palette of 65281 tones)|
|Display Colors||DisplayPort, HDMI: 1.07 billion from a palette of 278 trillion|
|Viewing Angles (H / V, typical)||178°, 178°|
|Brightness (typical)||350 cd/m2|
|Recommended Brightness for Calibration||120 cd/m2 or less|
|Contrast Ratio (typical)||1000:1|
|Response Time (typical)||14 ms (Gray-to-gray)|
|Wide Gamut Coverage (typical)||Adobe RGB: 99%, DCI-P3: 93%|
|Input Terminals||DisplayPort (with HDCP Ver.1.x), HDMI (with HDCP Ver.1.x, Deep Color)|
|Digital Scanning Frequency (H / V)||DisplayPort: 24.5 - 137.5 kHz, 22.5 - 71.5 Hz |
HDMI: 14.5 - 135.5 kHz, 22.5 - 71.5 Hz
|Function|| 1 port for monitor control |
3 ports of USB hub
|Power Requirements||AC 100 - 240 V / 200 - 240 V, 50 / 60 Hz|
|Maximum Power Consumption||136 W|
|Typical Power Consumption||52 W|
|Power Save Mode||Less than 9 W|
|Standby Mode||Less than 9 W|
|Power Management||Power Save (DisplayPort: Rev. 1.2)|
|Features & Functions|
|Preset Modes||Color Mode (Custom, Adobe RGB, sRGB, REC709, EBU, SMPTE-C, DCI, REC2020, Calibration)|
|Digital Uniformity Equalizer||Yes|
|OSD Languages||English, German, French, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese|
|Others||Screen Size (Full Screen, Aspect Ratio, Dot by Dot), Color Adjustment (Brightness, Temperature, Gamma, Color Gamut, Hue, Saturation, Clipping, XYZ Format, Gain, Black Level, Independent 6-Color Control, Reset), Range Extension, HDMI Settings (Noise Reduction, Film Detection, Safe Area Marker, Safe Area Size, Border Color), Auto Input Detection, Menu Rotation, USB CHARGE Port, Power Save, Indicator, Beep, Input Skip, Mode Skip, Signal Switching, Information, DUE Priority, Key Lock, Picture Setup, Signal Format, Zoom, REC709 Gamut warning, All Reset|
|Dimensions (Landscape, W x H x D)||553 x 394 - 544 x 245 mm|
|Dimensions (Portrait, W x H x D)||345 x 564 - 642 x 245 mm|
|Dimensions (Without Stand, W x H x D)||553 x 345 x 64 mm|
|Net Weight||8.5 kg / 18.7 lbs|
|Dimensions (Landscape with Hood, W x H x D)||572.4 x 553 x 340 mm|
|Net Weight (Without Stand)||5.7 kg / 12.6 lbs|
|Height Adjustment Range||150 mm|
|Tilt||35° Up, 5° Down|
|Hole Spacing (VESA Standard)||100 x 100 mm|
|Temperature||0 - 35 °C|
|Humidity (R.H., non condensing)||20 - 80 %|
|Certifications & Standards (Please contact EIZO for the latest information.)||B, CE, TUV/GS, cTUVus, FCC-B, Canadian ICES-003-B, VCCI-B, TUV/Ergonomie, RCM, GOST-R, RoHS, WEEE, CUDO certified mark|
|Supplied Accessories||AC power cord, signal cables (DisplayPort - DisplayPort, Mini DisplayPort - DisplayPort), USB cable, setup guide, EIZO LCD Utility Disk (ColorNavigator software, PDF user's manual), adjustment certificate, ScreenCleaner, monitor hood, quick reference, warranty card|
|Warranty||Five Years 1 2 3|
- The RGB full pixel failure is zero for up to 12 months after date of purchase based on ISO 9241-307 (pixel failure class I).
- With current LCD technology, a panel may contain a limited number of missing or flickering pixels.
- If the monitor is left on continuously over a long period of time, dark smudges or burn-in may appear. To maximize the life of the monitor, we recommend the monitor be turned off periodically.
Hassle Free Returns
At Motion Media, our goal is to ensure your complete satisfaction with your purchase. If, for whatever reason, you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you may return it to Motion Media within 30 days. Claims for missing items or items damaged in transit must be received within three business days of receipt of merchandise.
Refunds on returned items will be issued in the same payment form as tendered at the time of purchase. If payment was made by credit card, once we receive the product we will credit your account. Please allow 7-10 days for a credit to appear on your credit card statement. If payment was made by check, please allow 10 business days for a refund check to be issued.
Please read all conditions below. If conditions are not met, Motion Media reserves the right to refuse the return or to charge a restocking fee of up to 25%.
How to return or exchange an item:
- In order to return an item you need to first obtain an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number.
- To request an RMA number, please visit our contact page and send us an email with the request.
- To request an RMA number by phone, call Customer Service at 310-450-4000.
- Place the original package into a shipping carton.
- Include the invoice and the reason for the return. If defective, please specify the defect.
- Please do not place stickers or shipping labels on the original manufacturer's package.
- The RMA number must be clearly written on the outer box. If you received a label in the email, print the label and tape it to the carton.
- Ship via insured ground service with a tracking number. Return shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer. We are not responsible for lost or damaged packages.
- Send pre-authorized returns to:
Motion Media, LLC
709 N. Douglas St.
El Segundo, CA 90245
- Alternatively, you may return an item at our office at the above location, with an approved RMA.
- All returned or exchanged items must be in new condition, in the original box, and must include all packing material, blank warranty cards, manuals, and all accessories.
- Motion Media is not responsible for personal data or items left in returned merchandise.
- Defective items may be repaired or exchanged at our discretion for the same model or manufacturer's equivalent model.
- RMA numbers are valid for 10 days.
- Motion Media is not responsible for any consequential or incidental damage resulting from the sale or use of any merchandise bought from us. We are responsible for the monetary value of the merchandise only.
No Return/Exchange On:
- Any Electronically Delivered Software*
- 3D Printers & Accessories
- Custom systems built or modified by Motion Media to customer's specifications
- Educational dvd's and books once unwrapped
- Motion Media Gift Cards are redeemable for merchandise only and may not be redeemed for cash.
*We offer 30 day returns on Autodesk licenses, excluding monthly terms.