Powerful CPU And GPU Rendering For 3D Artists
Production-proven CPU & GPU rendering for animation and visual effects for film, television and virtual reality. V-Ray for Maya brings faster rendering, more responsive look development and added realism to high-end VFX and animation projects.
Production-proven ray traced rendering with a full suite of tools to create professional photoreal imagery and animations.
Built to handle the absolute toughest projects and largest scenes.
Multicore CPU and GPU-accelerated rendering engines for optimized speed and scalability.
- Creative Control
Real-time look development with interactive lighting, shading and rendering.
- Smart Integration
Integrated seamlessly into Maya and designed to fit any production pipeline.
- An Industry Standard
Top artists and studios rely on V-Ray for Maya to create award-winning animation & visual effects.
V-Ray 5 release 1, released 2021 June 17
- Initial support for Pixar's USD format
Work natively with USD to exchange information between DCC tools. Load and edit large amounts of data, without extra conversions, in no time. Faster, and more efficient collaboration between 3D artists in all industries.
- V-Ray Material Library
Choose from a library of over 500 render-ready textured materials including metals, glass, wood, and more.
- Pixel-perfect masks in the V-Ray Frame Buffer
Make pixel-perfect adjustments to your scene without re-rendering. Use any of V-Ray's masking render elements - Cryptomatte, MultiMatte, and Object/ Render/ Material IDs - to select and fine-tune parts of your render.
- VRayEnvironmentFog color transparency
Chaos has added colored transparency to VRayEnvironmentFog, making specific setups, like underwater shots, easier to create, more realistic, and faster to render.
- Opacity Cutout Conversion
Convert opacity-mapped objects to actual geometry for faster rendering. This new feature will save time when rendering broad-leaved trees or other vegetation.
- New V-Ray Material translucency
Create true translucent materials with the updated V-Ray Material. Now with built-in volumetric random walk subsurface scattering, it's easier than ever to render realistic skin, plastic, wax, and more.
- GPU Light Cache and improved Out-of-core
The V-Ray Light Cache is now calculated on the GPU for faster render starts. Out-of-core now supports all V-Ray GPU features allowing any scene to exceed GPU memory for geometry.
- Progressive caustics
Achieve real-world reflections and refractions with V-Ray's new progressively calculated caustics. It's easier to set up, without the need for pre-calculated photon maps.
- VRscene Material Importer
Importing materials from vrscene is vastly improved. The imported shading networks are more native and the graph is optimized.
- Cryptomatte in progressive rendering
The Cryptomatte render element is now supported with progressive rendering.
- Intel® Open Image Denoise
New CPU-based AI denoiser engine, excellent for interactive rendering. Intel® Open Image Denoise cleans up noise fast and runs on any machine.
- Additive Dome Lights
Combine HDRI sources for fast, creative lighting setups and accurate Light Mix.
- Viewport improvements
VRayMtl coat and sheen layers are now in the viewport. Initial viewport implementation of VRayLayeredTex.
This update is Autodesk Maya 2022 compatible.
Hassle Free Returns
At Motion Media, our goal is to ensure your complete satisfaction with your purchase. If, for whatever reason, you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you may return it to Motion Media within 30 days. Claims for missing items or items damaged in transit must be received within three business days of receipt of merchandise.
Refunds on returned items will be issued in the same payment form as tendered at the time of purchase. If payment was made by credit card, once we receive the product we will credit your account. Please allow 7-10 days for a credit to appear on your credit card statement. If payment was made by check, please allow 10 business days for a refund check to be issued.
Please read all conditions below. If conditions are not met, Motion Media reserves the right to refuse the return or to charge a restocking fee of up to 25%.
How to return or exchange an item:
- In order to return an item you need to first obtain an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number.
- To request an RMA number, please visit our contact page and send us an email with the request.
- To request an RMA number by phone, call Customer Service at 310-450-4000.
- Place the original package into a shipping carton.
- Include the invoice and the reason for the return. If defective, please specify the defect.
- Please do not place stickers or shipping labels on the original manufacturer's package.
- The RMA number must be clearly written on the outer box. If you received a label in the email, print the label and tape it to the carton.
- Ship via insured ground service with a tracking number. Return shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer. We are not responsible for lost or damaged packages.
- Send pre-authorized returns to:
Motion Media, LLC
709 N. Douglas St.
El Segundo, CA 90245
- Alternatively, you may return an item at our office at the above location, with an approved RMA.
- All returned or exchanged items must be in new condition, in the original box, and must include all packing material, blank warranty cards, manuals, and all accessories.
- Motion Media is not responsible for personal data or items left in returned merchandise.
- Defective items may be repaired or exchanged at our discretion for the same model or manufacturer's equivalent model.
- RMA numbers are valid for 10 days.
- Motion Media is not responsible for any consequential or incidental damage resulting from the sale or use of any merchandise bought from us. We are responsible for the monetary value of the merchandise only.
No Return/Exchange On:
- Any Electronically Delivered Software*
- 3D Printers & Accessories
- Custom systems built or modified by Motion Media to customer's specifications
- Educational dvd's and books once unwrapped
- Motion Media Gift Cards are redeemable for merchandise only and may not be redeemed for cash.
*We offer 30 day returns on Autodesk licenses, excluding monthly terms.