The World's Most Realistic Rendered Materials
VRscans is a scanning technology which converts real-world materials such as textiles, plastic, paint and metal into digital materials. These can be used in 3D software tools to create photorealistic computer-generated images and animation.
- More Than Textures
VRscans provides a photorealistic level of quality and real-world responses to lighting conditions.
- Stock Or Custom
VRscans shine right out of the box. Use them as perfect copies of real materials, or as accurate references to build your own.
- Faster Workflow
Photorealism with a simple drag-and-drop. Shaders that took hours to perfect are now ready in a couple of clicks.
- A Perfect Match
The confidence that your 3D objects will look exactly as they would in the real world.
- V-Ray Native
VRscans are engineered by the same team that created V-Ray. The two products work together seamlessly.
- Wide Choice
Choose from more than 1000 pre-scanned and ready to use materials.
- GPU Support
VRscans are now compatible with V-Ray GPU for increased performance and flexibility.
- Volumetric Translucency
VRscans materials can now capture translucency in volumetric materials with varying thickness.
- Incredibly Photoreal
VRscans uses high-quality hardware to capture the material's texture in exceptional quality. No loss of detail, fidelity, or color.
- Physically Accurate
VRscans are created from thousands of images, capturing a material's bidirectional texture function (BTF), recreating a material's true surface appearance and response to light.
- Render Elements
VRscans now support separation into several render elements: clear coat reflections, direct light, indirect lighting by spawned rays, opacity and received caustics stored.
- Triplannar Mapping
VRscans mateirals can now be applied by proprietary triplannar mapping, which removes the need for explicit UV mapping.
- Easy To Use
VRscans require no prior material-building knowledge, or use of reference materials.
- Seamlessly Tileable
VRscans materials repeat without joins.
Fine-tune the appearance of materials directly in Max or Maya.
- Built For V-Ray
Render with V-Ray directly from your preferred content creation platform. Now available in 3ds Max, Maya, SketchUp, Rhino, Revit, Modo and Houdini.
- Physical Materials
Render a wide variety of physical materials including plastic, leather, stone, metal, wood, and fabric.
- Car Paints
Simulate the look of highly-detailed car paint, complete with orange peel and clear coat.
- Reflective &Amp; Holographic Materials
Render complex reflective and holographic surfaces.
- Translucent Materials
The industry's first technology capable of scanning & rendering translucent materials.
Hassle Free Returns
At Motion Media, our goal is to ensure your complete satisfaction with your purchase. If, for whatever reason, you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you may return it to Motion Media within 30 days. Claims for missing items or items damaged in transit must be received within three business days of receipt of merchandise.
Refunds on returned items will be issued in the same payment form as tendered at the time of purchase. If payment was made by credit card, once we receive the product we will credit your account. Please allow 7-10 days for a credit to appear on your credit card statement. If payment was made by check, please allow 10 business days for a refund check to be issued.
Please read all conditions below. If conditions are not met, Motion Media reserves the right to refuse the return or to charge a restocking fee of up to 25%.
How to return or exchange an item:
- In order to return an item you need to first obtain an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number.
- To request an RMA number, please visit our contact page and send us an email with the request.
- To request an RMA number by phone, call Customer Service at 310-450-4000.
- Place the original package into a shipping carton.
- Include the invoice and the reason for the return. If defective, please specify the defect.
- Please do not place stickers or shipping labels on the original manufacturer's package.
- The RMA number must be clearly written on the outer box. If you received a label in the email, print the label and tape it to the carton.
- Ship via insured ground service with a tracking number. Return shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer. We are not responsible for lost or damaged packages.
- Send pre-authorized returns to:
Motion Media, LLC
709 N. Douglas St.
El Segundo, CA 90245
- Alternatively, you may return an item at our office at the above location, with an approved RMA.
- All returned or exchanged items must be in new condition, in the original box, and must include all packing material, blank warranty cards, manuals, and all accessories.
- Motion Media is not responsible for personal data or items left in returned merchandise.
- Defective items may be repaired or exchanged at our discretion for the same model or manufacturer's equivalent model.
- RMA numbers are valid for 10 days.
- Motion Media is not responsible for any consequential or incidental damage resulting from the sale or use of any merchandise bought from us. We are responsible for the monetary value of the merchandise only.
No Return/Exchange On:
- Any Electronically Delivered Software*
- 3D Printers & Accessories
- Custom systems built or modified by Motion Media to customer's specifications
- Educational dvd's and books once unwrapped
- Motion Media Gift Cards are redeemable for merchandise only and may not be redeemed for cash.
*We offer 30 day returns on Autodesk licenses, excluding monthly terms.