Powerful Rendering For MODO Artists
V-Ray for MODO is a highly accurate renderer, enabling MODO artists to predict and present their designs with the highest level of realism and reduce the need of physical prototypes. It seamlessly integrates production-proven rendering capabilities into MODO's native workflow. V-Ray also allows for a smooth transfer of assets between MODO and other applications such as 3ds Max and Maya enabling you to finalize your scenes in your preferred environment.
Production-proven ray traced rendering with a full suite of tools to create professional photoreal imagery and animation.
Built to handle the absolute toughest projects and biggest scenes.
Multicore CPU and GPU-accelerated rendering for optimized speed and scalability.
- Creative Control
Real-time look development with interactive lighting, shading and rendering.
- Smart Integration
Integrated seamlessly into MODO and designed to fit any production pipeline.
- An Industry Standard
Top artists and designers rely on V-Ray every day to create award-winning designs & visual effects.
4.12.01, released 2019 April 24
- Design More, Click Less
V-Ray Next for MODO features lighting workflows that leverage adaptive learning techniques, allowing you to save time and efforts with the analysis of your scene. V-Ray also allows for a smooth transfer of assets between MODO and other applications such as 3ds Max and Maya enabling you to finalize your scenes in your preferred environment.
- Massive Speed Boost In V-Ray GPU
V-Ray Next for MODO introduces new GPU architecture to achieve superior performance. New shaders pump up the render speed too and in addition GPU becomes 2x faster. Plus with the improved V-Ray Denoiser, you can denoise each render element for even more control in post-production.
- Create Stunning Artwork With New Powerful Effects
Spice up your designs with some new lens and motion blur effects common for digital and cell phone cameras. V-Ray Next for MODO also comes with new options for advanced line control enabling you to create non-photorealistic, cartoon and cel-shading effects.
- CPU, GPU And Hybrid Rendering
V-Ray comes with two powerful rendering engines. You can choose between GPU and CPU or Hybrid rendering to best suit your project needs and requirements.
- Global Illumination
Choose from ray traced and hybrid GI methods for the best balance of quality and speed.
- Accurate Lights
Render accurate and artistic lighting with a wide range of light types, shapes and controls.
- Adaptive Lights
Fast new lighting algorithm that speeds up rendering up to 7x faster in scenes with many lights.
- Physical Materials
Create node-based physical materials with multiple layers, and add Glossy Fresnel for accurate reflections.
- Unique Shaders
For specialized materials, choose from a selection of purpose-built shaders for car paint, subsurface scattering, hair, skin and more.
- Alsurface Material
General-purpose shader by Anders Langlands with layered SSS and glossy fresnel reflections - popular for skin.
- Stochastic Flakes
Create car paints, snow and sand with procedural glitter and sparkle effects.
- Photorealistic Cameras
Simulate any camera and lens with controls for exposure, depth of field and motion blur.
- Virtual Reality
Render VR-ready content for popular virtual reality headsets.
- Proxy Objects
Fit massive scenes into memory and cut render times using load-on-demand proxy objects.
- Hair & Fur
Import Alembic hair and fur as proxy geometry and render using V-Ray’s optimized hair shader.
- Volume Rendering
Render optimized volumetric effects and import OpenVDB files from Realflow and Houdini.
- Aerial Perspective
Simulate natural looking skies with realistic atmospheric depth.
- Render Elements
Output a complete set of beauty, utility and matte passes for total control in compositing – including deep compositing.
- V-Ray Denoiser
Automatically remove noise and cut render times by up to 50%.
- V-Ray Frame Buffer
Track render history, adjust colors and control final image output using advanced color management.
- VFB Direct Select
Select items and materials directly in the V-Ray Frame Buffer for a faster workflow.
- Render Zoom & Enhance Region
Zero in on any part of your image to fine-tune your renders quickly and easily.
- Interactive Lens Effects
GPU-accelerated glare and bloom effects that can be enabled and adjusted while rendering.
- Grass & Fur
Render realistic grass and fur faster with V-Ray Fur.
- VRscans Support
Now compatible with a library of over 1000 extremely realistic scanned materials.
- Full Light Select Render Element
Adjust and mix lighting accurately in post - with full support for GI, reflections and refractions.
- Cryptomatte Render Element
Automatically create ID mattes for easy selection in compositing.
Hassle Free Returns
At Motion Media, our goal is to ensure your complete satisfaction with your purchase. If, for whatever reason, you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you may return it to Motion Media within 30 days. Claims for missing items or items damaged in transit must be received within three business days of receipt of merchandise.
Refunds on returned items will be issued in the same payment form as tendered at the time of purchase. If payment was made by credit card, once we receive the product we will credit your account. Please allow 7-10 days for a credit to appear on your credit card statement. If payment was made by check, please allow 10 business days for a refund check to be issued.
Please read all conditions below. If conditions are not met, Motion Media reserves the right to refuse the return or to charge a restocking fee of up to 25%.
How to return or exchange an item:
- In order to return an item you need to first obtain an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number.
- To request an RMA number, please visit our contact page and send us an email with the request.
- To request an RMA number by phone, call Customer Service at 310-450-4000.
- Place the original package into a shipping carton.
- Include the invoice and the reason for the return. If defective, please specify the defect.
- Please do not place stickers or shipping labels on the original manufacturer's package.
- The RMA number must be clearly written on the outer box. If you received a label in the email, print the label and tape it to the carton.
- Ship via insured ground service with a tracking number. Return shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer. We are not responsible for lost or damaged packages.
- Send pre-authorized returns to:
Motion Media, LLC
709 N. Douglas St.
El Segundo, CA 90245
- Alternatively, you may return an item at our office at the above location, with an approved RMA.
- All returned or exchanged items must be in new condition, in the original box, and must include all packing material, blank warranty cards, manuals, and all accessories.
- Motion Media is not responsible for personal data or items left in returned merchandise.
- Defective items may be repaired or exchanged at our discretion for the same model or manufacturer's equivalent model.
- RMA numbers are valid for 10 days.
- Motion Media is not responsible for any consequential or incidental damage resulting from the sale or use of any merchandise bought from us. We are responsible for the monetary value of the merchandise only.
No Return/Exchange On:
- Any Electronically Delivered Software*
- 3D Printers & Accessories
- Custom systems built or modified by Motion Media to customer's specifications
- Educational dvd's and books once unwrapped
- Motion Media Gift Cards are redeemable for merchandise only and may not be redeemed for cash.
*We offer 30 day returns on Autodesk licenses, excluding monthly terms.