Introducing the next generation of rendering. Chaos Group V-Ray Next Scene Intelligence delivers faster ray tracing, cleaner sampling and more accurate rendering. That means you work smarter - not harder - by automating steps that used to take up valuable time.
Production-proven rendering with a full suite of tools to create photoreal imagery and animation.
Built to handle the absolute toughest projects and largest scenes.
Highly optimized, adaptive ray tracing for exceptional speed and scalability.
- Creative Control
Full creative control over lighting and look development with a variety of shaders, textures, lights and render controls.
- Smart Integration
Integrated seamlessly with Foundry's Katana® and designed to fit any production pipeline.
- An Industry Standard
Top studios rely on V-Ray for Katana to create award-winning animation & visual effects.
New Features in V-Ray Next for Katana
- ADAPTIVE DOME LIGHT
Faster, cleaner and more accurate image-based environment lighting based on V-Ray Scene Intelligence.
- STREAMLINED LIGHTING SETUP
New V-Ray Light creation menu and streamlined UI controls make lighting setup fast and easy.
- NEW PHYSICAL HAIR MATERIAL
Creating realistic hair materials is easier than ever with melanin-based color and glint and glitter highlight controls.
The V-Ray Material adds support for PBR shaders with new Metalness reflection controls.
- CRYPTOMATTE RENDER ELEMENTS
Automatically generate ID mattes with support for transparency, depth of field and motion blur.
- DENOISE RENDER ELEMENTS
Denoise individual render elements for added control in compositing. Denoised elements seamlessly recompose into a denoised beauty pass. Animation is supported.
- IMPROVED INLINE DOCUMENTATION
Inline documentation is improved throughout and is now available for all lights, as well as several shaders and V-Ray nodes.
Key Features in V-Ray Next for Katana
- POWERFUL PRODUCTION RENDERING
V-Ray for Katana delivers highly-optimized, adaptive ray traced rendering to meet the demands of professional animation and VFX. Render true cinematic quality with global illumination, depth of field and motion blur.
- MASSIVE SCENES
V-Ray for Katana is built to handle huge workloads and massive scenes with heavy geometry and textures. V-Ray supports Katana's native workflows and adds optimized instancing for even more performance.
- GLOBAL ILLUMINATION
Choose from ray traced (unbiased) and hybrid (biased) global illumination methods for the best balance of quality and speed.
- PHYSICAL LIGHTS
Simulate realistic natural, artificial, and image-based lighting with a wide range of light types and shapes, including area lights, mesh lights and more.
- PHYSICALLY-BASED MATERIALS
Create physically-based materials with multiple layers - now with GGX highlights. And choose from a variety of purpose-built shaders for specialized materials.
- OUT-OF-CORE TILED TEXTURES
Work with production-ready, multiresolution tiled textures in memory-efficient TX and OpenEXR formats.
- V-RAY SCENE WORKFLOW
Bring in complete shading networks for V-Ray materials built in Autodesk Maya and 3ds Max. Export and render V-Ray scene files with V-Ray Standalone.
- CHARACTERS & CREATURES
Create photoreal characters and creatures with V-Ray's optimized tools and shaders for skin, ray traced SSS, hair and fur.
- VOLUME RENDERING
Import OpenVDB, Field 3D, and PhoenixFD files with the V-Ray Volume Grid, and fine-tune rendered output with V-Ray's versatile volume shader.
- RENDER ELEMENTS
Select from over 30 built-in render elements for complete control in compositing.
Hassle Free Returns
At Motion Media, our goal is to ensure your complete satisfaction with your purchase. If, for whatever reason, you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you may return it to Motion Media within 30 days. Claims for missing items or items damaged in transit must be received within three business days of receipt of merchandise.
Refunds on returned items will be issued in the same payment form as tendered at the time of purchase. If payment was made by credit card, once we receive the product we will credit your account. Please allow 7-10 days for a credit to appear on your credit card statement. If payment was made by check, please allow 10 business days for a refund check to be issued.
Please read all conditions below. If conditions are not met, Motion Media reserves the right to refuse the return or to charge a restocking fee of up to 25%.
How to return or exchange an item:
- In order to return an item you need to first obtain an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number.
- To request an RMA number, please visit our contact page and send us an email with the request.
- To request an RMA number by phone, call Customer Service at 310-450-4000.
- Place the original package into a shipping carton.
- Include the invoice and the reason for the return. If defective, please specify the defect.
- Please do not place stickers or shipping labels on the original manufacturer's package.
- The RMA number must be clearly written on the outer box. If you received a label in the email, print the label and tape it to the carton.
- Ship via insured ground service with a tracking number. Return shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer. We are not responsible for lost or damaged packages.
- Send pre-authorized returns to:
Motion Media, LLC
709 N. Douglas St.
El Segundo, CA 90245
- Alternatively, you may return an item at our office at the above location, with an approved RMA.
- All returned or exchanged items must be in new condition, in the original box, and must include all packing material, blank warranty cards, manuals, and all accessories.
- Motion Media is not responsible for personal data or items left in returned merchandise.
- Defective items may be repaired or exchanged at our discretion for the same model or manufacturer's equivalent model.
- RMA numbers are valid for 10 days.
- Motion Media is not responsible for any consequential or incidental damage resulting from the sale or use of any merchandise bought from us. We are responsible for the monetary value of the merchandise only.
No Return/Exchange On:
- Any Electronically Delivered Software*
- 3D Printers & Accessories
- Custom systems built or modified by Motion Media to customer's specifications
- Educational dvd's and books once unwrapped
- Motion Media Gift Cards are redeemable for merchandise only and may not be redeemed for cash.
*We offer 30 day returns on Autodesk licenses, excluding monthly terms.