Introducing the next generation of rendering. Chaos Group V-Ray Next Scene Intelligence delivers faster ray tracing, cleaner sampling and more accurate rendering. That means you work smarter - not harder - by automating steps that used to take up valuable time.
V-Ray comes with all the lighting, shading, and rendering tools you need to create professional, photoreal imagery and animation.
Built to handle your biggest projects and your toughest scenes. Render anything and everything with V-Ray.
Spend less time waiting and more time being creative. Deliver your best work and never miss a deadline.
- Creative Control
V-Ray puts you in the driver seat. You're in control. With V-Ray's versatile features, you can choose the best approach for your scene.
- Smart Integration
Work the way you want - without interruption. V-Ray's seamless 3ds Max integration keeps your workflow fluid and smooth.
- An Industry Standard
Independent artists and top studios choose V-Ray every day to create world-class designs and visual effects.
New Features in V-Ray Next for 3ds Max
- POWERFUL SCENE INTELLIGENCE
Automatically analyzes your scene to optimize rendering - so you get the best quality in less time.
- ADAPTIVE DOME LIGHT
Faster, cleaner and more accurate image-based environment lighting. Up to 7x faster than before.
- POINT & SHOOT CAMERA
Perfect renders are as easy as taking a snapshot with new Automatic Exposure & White Balance.
- 2X FASTER GPU RENDERING
Fast new GPU rendering architecture with support for more of your favorite high-end production features.
- GPU VOLUME RENDERING
V-Ray GPU now supports blazing fast rendering of volumetric effects like smoke, fire and fog.
- NVIDIA AI DENOISER
Instantly remove noise while rendering. Based on AI-accelerated denoising technology by NVIDIA.
- LIGHTING ANALYSIS
Accurately measure the light levels in your scene using new lighting analysis tools.
- PHYSICAL HAIR MATERIAL
Render more realistic-looking hair with accurate highlights and melanin color controls.
Key Features in V-Ray Next for 3ds Max
- HIGHLY-OPTIMIZED RAY TRACING
Render professional-quality, photorealistic images and animation with V-Ray's adaptive ray tracing technology.
- POWERFUL GPU RENDERING - NOW WITH HYBRID MODE
V-Ray GPU CUDA now renders on CPUs as well as GPUs, to take full advantage of all available hardware.
- V-RAY IPR
Fully interactive production rendering.
- V-RAY DENOISER
Automatically remove noise and cut render times by up to 50%.
- RESUMABLE RENDERING
Stop your render at any point and pick up where you left off.
- GLOBAL ILLUMINATION
Choose from several global illumination options - exact, approximate or a hybrid of both.
- ADAPTIVE LIGHTS
New algorithm that dramatically speeds up rendering in scenes with many lights.
- ACCURATE LIGHTS
Simulate any type of natural, artificial, or image-based lighting. With a wide range of light types, including area lights, physical sun & sky and IES lights, you can render any lighting scenario.
- PHOTOREALISTIC CAMERAS
Real-world camera controls let you work like a photographer. Render images with detailed depth of field and cinematic motion blur.
- INTERACTIVE LENS EFFECTS
Instantly add GPU-accelerated glare and bloom for added photorealism. Fine-tune lens effects interactively while you render.
- VIRTUAL REALITY
Experience your project in virtual reality. Create content for popular VR headsets with 6x1 cubic and spherical stereo camera types.
- PHYSICALLY-BASED MATERIALS
Create any type of physical material. From multilayered car paint to accurate subsurface scattering, you can make any material imaginable.
- ALSURFACE MATERIAL
General-purpose shader by Anders Langlands includes built-in SSS controls; popular for skin.
- GLOSSY FRESNEL
New, physically-accurate reflection model.
- VRSCANS MATERIAL LIBRARY SUPPORT
650+ scanned materials. Import and render directly in V-Ray.
- MEMORY-EFFICIENT TEXTURES
Work with production-ready, multiresolution tiled textures from your favorite applications, like MARI, Mudbox and Zbrush.
- TRIPLANAR MAPPING
Quickly apply seamless textures without UVs.
- ROUNDED CORNERS
Generate perfectly smooth edges at render-time with no extra modeling.
- HAIR & FUR
Render realistic hair efficiently and flicker-free. V-Ray includes procedural fur, optimized hair shaders, and supports 3ds Max Hair&Fur, HairFarm and Ornatrix.
- PROXY GEOMETRY
Render massive scenes with proxy objects. V-Ray proxies efficiently replace complex scene geometry and load only at render time.
- SPECIALTY GEOMETRY
Create unique geometry like infinite planes, metaballs and isosurfaces, particles and object cutaways with render-time booleans.
- CLIPPER WITH RENDER-TIME BOOLEANS
Create complex cutaways and sections using any mesh object.
Render fog, smoke and atmospheric effects that respond correctly to light. Bring in volume grid caches from Houdini, FumeFX and PhoenixFD.
- AERIAL PERSPECTIVE
Simulate natural looking skies with realistic atmospheric depth.
- RENDER ELEMENTS
37 unique beauty, utility and matte passes give you more control over your rendered images for compositing.
- FULL LIGHT SELECT RENDER ELEMENT
Now with full support for GI, reflections and refractions for accurate light mixing in post.
Automatically create ID mattes with support for transparency, depth of field, and motion blur.
- V-RAY FRAME BUFFER
Review, analyze and post process your renders directly in V-Ray's advanced frame buffer. You can be sure your images will match your final output.
Hassle Free Returns
At Motion Media, our goal is to ensure your complete satisfaction with your purchase. If, for whatever reason, you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you may return it to Motion Media within 30 days. Claims for missing items or items damaged in transit must be received within three business days of receipt of merchandise.
Refunds on returned items will be issued in the same payment form as tendered at the time of purchase. If payment was made by credit card, once we receive the product we will credit your account. Please allow 7-10 days for a credit to appear on your credit card statement. If payment was made by check, please allow 10 business days for a refund check to be issued.
Please read all conditions below. If conditions are not met, Motion Media reserves the right to refuse the return or to charge a restocking fee of up to 25%.
How to return or exchange an item:
- In order to return an item you need to first obtain an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number.
- To request an RMA number, please visit our contact page and send us an email with the request.
- To request an RMA number by phone, call Customer Service at 310-450-4000.
- Place the original package into a shipping carton.
- Include the invoice and the reason for the return. If defective, please specify the defect.
- Please do not place stickers or shipping labels on the original manufacturer's package.
- The RMA number must be clearly written on the outer box. If you received a label in the email, print the label and tape it to the carton.
- Ship via insured ground service with a tracking number. Return shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer. We are not responsible for lost or damaged packages.
- Send pre-authorized returns to:
Motion Media, LLC
709 N. Douglas St.
El Segundo, CA 90245
- Alternatively, you may return an item at our office at the above location, with an approved RMA.
- All returned or exchanged items must be in new condition, in the original box, and must include all packing material, blank warranty cards, manuals, and all accessories.
- Motion Media is not responsible for personal data or items left in returned merchandise.
- Defective items may be repaired or exchanged at our discretion for the same model or manufacturer's equivalent model.
- RMA numbers are valid for 10 days.
- Motion Media is not responsible for any consequential or incidental damage resulting from the sale or use of any merchandise bought from us. We are responsible for the monetary value of the merchandise only.
No Return/Exchange On:
- Any Electronically Delivered Software*
- 3D Printers & Accessories
- Custom systems built or modified by Motion Media to customer's specifications
- Educational dvd's and books once unwrapped
- Motion Media Gift Cards are redeemable for merchandise only and may not be redeemed for cash.
*We offer 30 day returns on Autodesk licenses, excluding monthly terms.