V-Ray for Rhino offers visualization professionals a state-of-the-art solution that generates high-quality images of unparalleled realism. The plug-in works with Robert McNeel & Associates' Rhinoceros, which is one of the most popular Windows-based NURBS modeling tools available today. Rhino users in all fields - from engineering and product design to 3D animation - rely on V-Ray as a quick, easy and cost efficient way to render their most cutting-edge images.
V-Ray for Rhino Features
- V-Ray RT® - Interactive responses and a streamlined scene composition with GPU ray tracing up to 30 times faster from directly inside the Rhino viewport.
- V-Ray Wrapper Material - Can be used to specify additional properties per material. You can now create true matte materials which show the background as opposed to the base material.
- V-Ray Express* - Users can easily access more than 200 materials and interchangeable lighting setups to create realistic studio scenes and illuminate models faster than ever.
- *V-Ray Express is available separately.
- HDR Light Studio Support* - Live connection to HDR Light Studio with Light Paint feature accessed directly within Rhino, providing the most intuitive and creative way to light a design.
- *The V-Ray for Rhino HDR Light Studio live connection is only supported on Rhino 5 64-bit and requires a license of HDR Light Studio 4.3 or higher.
- V-Ray Material - A brand new compact and optimized material for V-Ray that includes parameters to adjust diffuse, reflection, and refraction.
Efficient Multicore Ray-Tracing Engine - V-Ray has been specifically optimized for ray tracing, allowing users to create complex shading, area shadows, camera effects and GI with unprecedented speed and accuracy.
Rhino Integration - V-Ray 1.5 for Rhino supports the 32-bit version of Rhino 4.0 and the 32 and 64-bit versions of Rhino 5.0.
Interactive Rendering - V-Ray RT is a revolutionary rendering engine providing instant feedback and streamlining scene setup. Because V-Ray RT is built upon the same robust core as V-Ray, it is seamless to transition between V-Ray RT and production rendering. Randomize Sampler improves anti-aliasing of nearly horizontal or vertical lines.
VRayProxy - VRayProxy is an indispensable tool for managing scene memory and efficiently rendering massive amounts of geometry. V-Ray Proxy objects are dynamically loaded and unloaded at render-time, saving vital RAM resources.
Displacement - Control displacement on a per-material basis and generate detailed geometry at render time with maximum memory efficiency.
MATERIALS & SHADING
Physically-based Materials - Create materials based on physical properties using V-Ray's versatile shaders.
Material Preview - Preview materials accurately and efficiently. Once a preview is generated, it is cached for later use.
VRayDirt - Simulate shading around corners and crevices of objects based on a radial distance. VRayDirt can be used to produce a variety of effects, including ambient occlusion renderings.
Interpolation (Reflections and Refractions) - Accelerate rendering by approximating and caching the effects of glossy reflections and refractions.
Dispersion - Trace and refract light based on its wavelength.
Alpha Transparency - Create materials with alpha transparency.
Procedural Textures - Utilize procedurally generated texture maps:
Color Space - Manage the input gamma of textures using Linear, Gamma Corrected, or sRGB options.
LIGHTS & ILLUMINATION
Dome Light - Create simple, artifact-free image-based lighting using the Dome Light. Its powerful importance sampling analyzes HDR images and optimizes light tracing and GI precision.
IES Light - Use photometric data to provide accurate light definition.
Sphere Light - Create spherically shaped area lights.
SUN & SKY
RDK Sun - The VRaySun/Sky system is compatible with the RDK Sun.
Sky Options - Control sky properties independently from the sun.
Sky Models - Specify sky appearance using Preetham et al, CIE Clear, or CIE Overcast models.
Optimized Global Illumination Solutions - V-Ray provides several optimized solutions for creating Global Illumination, giving artists the complete control and flexibility they need.
Ambient Occlusion - Generate shading based on an object's proximity, and enhance GI details without significantly increasing render time.
Retrace Threshold - Reduce Light Cache artifacts and improve the appearance of glossy reflections and refractions when using the time saving feature - Use light cache for glossy rays.
CAMERAS & OPTICS
Physical Camera - Render any standard camera using physical camera properties, including Depth of Field and Motion Blur effects.
Lens Effects (Glare / Bloom) - Simulate the natural lens effects that occur when photographing highlights.
DR Spawner - Launch Distributed Rendering hosts without opening Rhino.
Color Mapping - Clamp Level defines the peak level for clamping bright colors. Adaptation Only uses color-mapping controls for calculations without applying to the final result. Linear Workflow applies inverse gamma correction to all materials, simplifying setup time for Linear Workflow.
V-Ray Frame Buffer (VFB) - Region Render specifies a portion of the scene to render. History saves render to the VFB cache, simplifying render comparison. Compare loads two renders directly in the VFB with A/B comparison controls. Material ID supports rendering Material ID channels for post processing.
Rhino RDK Support - V-Ray 1.5 for Rhino supports the Rhino Document Sun, Edge Softening, Shutlining, and Displacement.
Key features may vary depending on the product choice and respective version of V-Ray® being used. Chaos Group maintains the right to make changes to feature lists and products without future notice.
- Product Identifiers -MPN: V-Ray 3.x for Rhino
- In The Box -
- One (1) V-Ray for Rhino Workstation License (GUI + Render Node)
Hassle Free Returns
At Motion Media, our goal is to ensure your complete satisfaction with your purchase. If, for whatever reason, you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you may return it to Motion Media within 30 days. Claims for missing items or items damaged in transit must be received within three business days of receipt of merchandise.
Refunds on returned items will be issued in the same payment form as tendered at the time of purchase. If payment was made by credit card, once we receive the product we will credit your account. Please allow 7-10 days for a credit to appear on your credit card statement. If payment was made by check, please allow 10 business days for a refund check to be issued.
Please read all conditions below. If conditions are not met, Motion Media reserves the right to refuse the return or to charge a restocking fee of up to 25%.
How to return or exchange an item:
- In order to return an item you need to first obtain an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number.
- To request an RMA number, please visit our contact page and send us an email with the request.
- To request an RMA number by phone, call Customer Service at 310-450-4000.
- Place the original package into a shipping carton.
- Include the invoice and the reason for the return. If defective, please specify the defect.
- Please do not place stickers or shipping labels on the original manufacturer's package.
- The RMA number must be clearly written on the outer box. If you received a label in the email, print the label and tape it to the carton.
- Ship via insured ground service with a tracking number. Return shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer. We are not responsible for lost or damaged packages.
- Send pre-authorized returns to:
Motion Media, LLC
709 N. Douglas St.
El Segundo, CA 90245
- Alternatively, you may return an item at our office at the above location, with an approved RMA.
- All returned or exchanged items must be in new condition, in the original box, and must include all packing material, blank warranty cards, manuals, and all accessories.
- Motion Media is not responsible for personal data or items left in returned merchandise.
- Defective items may be repaired or exchanged at our discretion for the same model or manufacturer's equivalent model.
- RMA numbers are valid for 10 days.
- Motion Media is not responsible for any consequential or incidental damage resulting from the sale or use of any merchandise bought from us. We are responsible for the monetary value of the merchandise only.
No Return/Exchange On:
- Any Electronically Delivered Software*
- 3D Printers & Accessories
- Custom systems built or modified by Motion Media to customer's specifications
- Educational dvd's and books once unwrapped
- Motion Media Gift Cards are redeemable for merchandise only and may not be redeemed for cash.
*We offer 30 day returns on Autodesk licenses, excluding monthly terms.