V-Ray for Revit is built for architects who want to create great design renders without the learning curve. Get up to speed quickly with V-Ray for Revit's intuitive interface.
V-Ray for Revit lets you render professional, high resolution images with realistic lights, materials, and cameras.
V-Ray for Revit is built to handle your biggest building models.
V-Ray is fast. Render quickly and make design decisions faster.
V-Ray for Revit is made for designers. It's fast to set up, with no complicated settings and no training required.
- Smart Integration
V-Ray for Revit works right in Revit. No import or export needed.
- The Industry Standard
92 of the top 100 architecture firms in the world render with V-Ray every day.
V-Ray for Revit Key Features
- DESIGN-FRIENDLY INTERFACE
Quickly balance quality and speed with V-Ray for Revit's render presets. Work in draft mode for early iterations and switch to high quality for presentations.
- INTERACTIVE RENDERING
Render interactively while you design. Fine-tune lights and materials and see the results right away.
- PHYSICALLY-BASED LIGHTING
Accurate options for IES and HDR image-based lighting, as well as support for Revit Sun and Sky.
- REAL-WORLD CAMERAS
Simulate photographic cameras from Revit's native camera views.
- PHYSICAL MATERIALS
Automatically convert Revit materials to V-Ray's physically-correct format. Fine-tune material properties using the V-Ray Material Editor.
- DIAGRAMMATIC MATERIALS
Easily make scenes look diagrammatic or like a scale models with material presets such as basswood and foam core.
- SECTION BOXES
Render sections easily with full support for Revit's native section boxes.
Automatically removes artifacts and noise, cutting render times with GPU-accelerated denoising.
- AERIAL PERSPECTIVE
Add realistic atmospheric depth with aerial perspective and environment fog.
- V-RAY FRAME BUFFER
Fine-tune your render's color, exposure, and more directly in V-Ray's frame buffer.
- VIRTUAL REALITY
Verify designs at 1:1 scale in popular VR headsets like Google Cardboard, Samsung Gear VR, Oculus Rift and HTC Vive.
- V-RAY SWARM
New web-based distributed rendering to speed up rendering by using the power of all available desktops and render nodes.
- EXPORT TO V-RAY STANDALONE
Export a ready-to-render scene from Revit to V-Ray Standalone.
Release Date: 6/14/2018
- V-Ray Interactive
- Full support of geometry changes. Full scene can be rendered while it is designed
- Changes in Revit Light family are applied instantly
- Support for Revit 2019 is added, including all new material types - Opaque, Transparent, Layered and Metal
- Online License Server (OLS) updated to version 5.1.1
- Camera settings dialog is redesigned and extended with
- Stereo Layout selection option
- Spherical Panorama camera mode
- Standard camera type is auto-selected and Stereo and Panorama options are disabled when the current view is ortho 3D
- Color, Emission Color and Emission Multiplier options are added for Environment Fog
- Affect GI option is replaced with Affect Secondary Rays option for Environment Fog
- Dome Light settings dialog is extended with the following HDR image options
- Offset V (i.e. vertically) option
- Horizontal and Vertical Flip image options
- Option to drag and drop HDR image file
- Sun settings dialog is redesigned and extended with the following options: Sun Filter, Albedo Color, Blend Angle and Horizon Offset
- Materials/V-Ray Material
- The .mtsc file format is removed from valid extensions as it is deprecated
- Auto-saved renders are named based on selected view and time-stamped so history can be kept
- Resolution dialog is redesigned to provide more flexibility and include information about camera settings dependencies
- Easier multitasking - Now you can open and switch between multiple Revit projects, and each project will keep its own frame buffer and render settings. Production renders are not interrupted. Interactive render is automatically stopped when switching to another project
- Warning is shown if V-Ray renderer is running when the user is closing the rendered document
- Filter of Material Maps and V-Ray Fur tabs of Asset Browser is extended with
- Options to filter by transparency of the AutoGen material
- Options to filter by mapping type: AutoGen, V-Ray Material, Diffuse Texture, Color
- Option to filter by the "Latest Render" that has been executed
- Default V-Ray plugins parameters are customizable through VRayPlugins.json
- All settings from VRay4Revit.ini are moved to config.json
- VFB color correction settings are saved per project
- Tooltips are added to help understand V-Ray settings usage
- Tooltips of Swarm tags include important statistics about available resources
- Help button is added to all dialogs
- Windows can be closed with ESCAPE key
- Added filter_generator.exe to tools
- Set V-Ray Proxy scale precision to the 3rd decimal sign
- V-Ray installer is re-designed
Full release notes can be found on the Chaos Group website.
- Product Identifiers -MPN
: V-Ray 3.x for Revit Workstation License
- In The Box -
- One (1) V-Ray for Revit Workstation License (GUI + Render Node)
Hassle Free Returns
At Motion Media, our goal is to ensure your complete satisfaction with your purchase. If, for whatever reason, you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you may return it to Motion Media within 30 days. Claims for missing items or items damaged in transit must be received within three business days of receipt of merchandise.
Refunds on returned items will be issued in the same payment form as tendered at the time of purchase. If payment was made by credit card, once we receive the product we will credit your account. Please allow 7-10 days for a credit to appear on your credit card statement. If payment was made by check, please allow 10 business days for a refund check to be issued.
Please read all conditions below. If conditions are not met, Motion Media reserves the right to refuse the return or to charge a restocking fee of up to 25%.
How to return or exchange an item:
- In order to return an item you need to first obtain an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number.
- To request an RMA number, please visit our contact page and send us an email with the request.
- To request an RMA number by phone, call Customer Service at 310-450-4000.
- Place the original package into a shipping carton.
- Include the invoice and the reason for the return. If defective, please specify the defect.
- Please do not place stickers or shipping labels on the original manufacturer's package.
- The RMA number must be clearly written on the outer box. If you received a label in the email, print the label and tape it to the carton.
- Ship via insured ground service with a tracking number. Return shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer. We are not responsible for lost or damaged packages.
- Send pre-authorized returns to:
Motion Media, LLC
709 N. Douglas St.
El Segundo, CA 90245
- Alternatively, you may return an item at our office at the above location, with an approved RMA.
- All returned or exchanged items must be in new condition, in the original box, and must include all packing material, blank warranty cards, manuals, and all accessories.
- Motion Media is not responsible for personal data or items left in returned merchandise.
- Defective items may be repaired or exchanged at our discretion for the same model or manufacturer's equivalent model.
- RMA numbers are valid for 10 days.
- Motion Media is not responsible for any consequential or incidental damage resulting from the sale or use of any merchandise bought from us. We are responsible for the monetary value of the merchandise only.
No Return/Exchange On:
- Any Electronically Delivered Software*
- 3D Printers & Accessories
- Custom systems built or modified by Motion Media to customer's specifications
- Educational dvd's and books once unwrapped
- Motion Media Gift Cards are redeemable for merchandise only and may not be redeemed for cash.
*We offer 30 day returns on Autodesk licenses, excluding monthly terms.