V-Ray for Revit is built for architects who want to create great design renders without the learning curve. Get up to speed quickly with V-Ray for Revit's intuitive interface.
V-Ray for Revit lets you render professional, high resolution images with realistic lights, materials, and cameras.
V-Ray for Revit is built to handle your biggest building models.
V-Ray is fast. Render quickly and make design decisions faster.
V-Ray for Revit is made for designers. It's fast to set up, with no complicated settings and no training required.
- Smart Integration
V-Ray for Revit works right in Revit. No import or export needed.
- The Industry Standard
92 of the top 100 architecture firms in the world render with V-Ray every day.
V-Ray for Revit Key Features
- DESIGN-FRIENDLY INTERFACE
Quickly balance quality and speed with V-Ray for Revit's render presets. Work in draft mode for early iterations and switch to high quality for presentations.
- INTERACTIVE RENDERING
Render interactively while you design. Fine-tune lights and materials and see the results right away.
- PHYSICALLY-BASED LIGHTING
Accurate options for IES and HDR image-based lighting, as well as support for Revit Sun and Sky.
- REAL-WORLD CAMERAS
Simulate photographic cameras from Revit's native camera views.
- PHYSICAL MATERIALS
Automatically convert Revit materials to V-Ray's physically-correct format. Fine-tune material properties using the V-Ray Material Editor.
- DIAGRAMMATIC MATERIALS
Easily make scenes look diagrammatic or like a scale models with material presets such as basswood and foam core.
- SECTION BOXES
Render sections easily with full support for Revit's native section boxes.
Automatically removes artifacts and noise, cutting render times with GPU-accelerated denoising.
- AERIAL PERSPECTIVE
Add realistic atmospheric depth with aerial perspective and environment fog.
- V-RAY FRAME BUFFER
Fine-tune your render's color, exposure, and more directly in V-Ray's frame buffer.
- VIRTUAL REALITY
Verify designs at 1:1 scale in popular VR headsets like Google Cardboard, Samsung Gear VR, Oculus Rift and HTC Vive.
- V-RAY SWARM
New web-based distributed rendering to speed up rendering by using the power of all available desktops and render nodes.
- EXPORT TO V-RAY STANDALONE
Export a ready-to-render scene from Revit to V-Ray Standalone.
Release Date: 2/8/2018
- Up to 4 times faster Revit scene export and up to 1.5 times faster rendering
- Implemented new and streamlined UI
- Implemented V-Ray Proxy
- Implemented V-Ray Fur
- Implemented Production rendering with GPU engine
- Implemented Hybrid rendering with GPU engine
- Implemented early access to V-Ray Cloud Beta
- Implemented anonymous usage statistics
- Asset Browser replaces Material Browser
- V-Ray Swarm updated to version 1.4.3
- Online License Server (OLS) updated to version 4.5.1
- Improved AutoGen conversion of Revit materials
- Implemented Global Material Override for RPC objects
- Implemented new global material to highlight missing/invalid Revit materials
- Filter and override materials by linked document
- Improved Color material with transparency, glossiness and reflection options
- Material List updates when a Revit material is renamed/deleted
- V-Ray Interactive
- Support for AutoGen materials
- Support for infinite ground plane settings
- Copies the entire final image to clipboard (including background)
- Material Editor
- Implemented new texture maps (Color Temperature and Gradient)
- Implemented new Color picker
- Multiple materials/proxies selection in the Asset Browser
- Switching to V-Ray or Diffuse Texture material is applied only after a valid file path is provided
- Infinite ground plane material is excluded from Global Overrides
- V-Ray settings are saved on Revit project save. User confirmation is necessary when project is closed without saving. V-Ray settings for read-only Revit files are not saved
- Extended Sharing Settings categories
- Category and number of imported values are displayed in the Import List of Share Settings
- Resizable columns of Import List in Share Settings
- Added Clear button for all filter text boxes
- Enable/disable settings based on dependencies between different options
- All V-Ray settings units are synchronized with Revit Project Units
- Material Editor has light theme matching the style of the whole plugin
- Material Editor texture maps are ordered by category
- Interactive label replaces RT
- Render Production label replaces Render with V-Ray
- Implemented consistent style for all windows
- Implemented proper precision and range limitations for V-Ray settings
- VRmat file is not rendered if its file name includes non-ASCII characters
- Error on rendering Environment Fog with Use Artificial Lights enabled
- Issue with identical families disappearing from rendering
- Issue with global overrides being applied to wrong geometry instances
- Issue with disappearing/incorrect family geometries when cut with Section Box
- Issue with curtain panels disappearing or not being entirely rendered
- Only one of identical RPCs nested in a family is rendered
- Issue with RPCs not rendering when in linked documents
- Issue with invalid warning for missing AutoGen material bump map
- Issue with Use Artificial Lights option of Environment Fog not being respected
- V-Ray Interactive
- Issue with Atmospheric Height and View Distance of Aerial Perspective not being properly applied
- Issue with Aerial Perspective and Environment Fog disappearing on Sun and Dome light settings change
- Only spot lights can be enabled/disabled
- Issue with Fog color of vrmats not being respected on GPU
- Crash on render stop after Global Overrides updates
- Crash when rendering a scene with Composite texmap on GPU
- Issue with swapping materials on GPU
- Switching the material of an instanced family updates just one instance
- Crash on attempt to edit a family
- V-Ray Distributed Rendering
- Black buckets are produced when Glare is on
- Window always on top while in interactive rendering mode
- Crash when closing the Progress window while rendering
- Crash when trying to render a deleted view
- Non-ASCII symbols in vrmat file name are not displayed properly
- Underscore in material name is not displayed in Material browser
- Sun and Dome Light windows are not opened when the project has no views
- Error on first attempt to uninstall
- Wrong Windows icon association for vrmat preview
- Resolution is switched to Crop Region when switching between projects
- Rendering stops on attempt to edit a family
- Issue with long network paths causing FilePathTooLongException
- Issue with self-enabling Use Artificial Lights option of Environment Fog
- Issue with production rendering restart when tweaking Sun or Dome light settings
- Moving/rotating the ortho 3D model while in interactive rendering mode is causing the rendering to zoom in
- Current Revit camera view is zoomed in during scene export from Revit to V-Ray
- Product Identifiers -MPN
: V-Ray 3.x for Revit Workstation License
- In The Box -
- One (1) V-Ray for Revit Workstation License (GUI + Render Node)
Hassle Free Returns
At Motion Media, our goal is to ensure your complete satisfaction with your purchase. If, for whatever reason, you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you may return it to Motion Media within 30 days. Claims for missing items or items damaged in transit must be received within three business days of receipt of merchandise.
Refunds on returned items will be issued in the same payment form as tendered at the time of purchase. If payment was made by credit card, once we receive the product we will credit your account. Please allow 7-10 days for a credit to appear on your credit card statement. If payment was made by check, please allow 10 business days for a refund check to be issued.
Please read all conditions below. If conditions are not met, Motion Media reserves the right to refuse the return or to charge a restocking fee of up to 25%.
How to return or exchange an item:
- In order to return an item you need to first obtain an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number.
- To request an RMA number, please visit our contact page and send us an email with the request.
- To request an RMA number by phone, call Customer Service at 310-450-4000.
- Place the original package into a shipping carton.
- Include the invoice and the reason for the return. If defective, please specify the defect.
- Please do not place stickers or shipping labels on the original manufacturer's package.
- The RMA number must be clearly written on the outer box. If you received a label in the email, print the label and tape it to the carton.
- Ship via insured ground service with a tracking number. Return shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer. We are not responsible for lost or damaged packages.
- Send pre-authorized returns to:
Motion Media, LLC
709 N. Douglas St.
El Segundo, CA 90245
- Alternatively, you may return an item at our office at the above location, with an approved RMA.
- All returned or exchanged items must be in new condition, in the original box, and must include all packing material, blank warranty cards, manuals, and all accessories.
- Motion Media is not responsible for personal data or items left in returned merchandise.
- Defective items may be repaired or exchanged at our discretion for the same model or manufacturer's equivalent model.
- RMA numbers are valid for 10 days.
- Motion Media is not responsible for any consequential or incidental damage resulting from the sale or use of any merchandise bought from us. We are responsible for the monetary value of the merchandise only.
No Return/Exchange On:
- Any Electronically Delivered Software*
- 3D Printers & Accessories
- Custom systems built or modified by Motion Media to customer's specifications
- Educational dvd's and books once unwrapped
- Motion Media Gift Cards are redeemable for merchandise only and may not be redeemed for cash.
*We offer 30 day returns on Autodesk licenses, excluding monthly terms.