V-Ray for 3ds Max is a comprehensive physically-based lighting, shading, and rendering toolkit built to meet the creative demands of CG artists and designers. Speed, control, and quality are key reasons so many artists and studios rely on V-Ray time and time again.
V-Ray for 3ds Max delivers a powerful set of features focused on artist productivity and modern CG workflows. V-Ray offers a number of additional workflow shortcuts, technical advances and support for open sources technologies.
V-Ray 3.x for 3ds Max Key Features:
- Render Mask - Users can define render regions using an object selection or image mask
- Reflection/ Refraction Trace Sets - Provides more direct control in choosing whether reflections and refractions are visible in objects
- Max Ray Intensity - Will easily fix artifacts from over-bright sources
- Probabilistic Lights - Increases the speed of scenes with a high number of lights
- V-Ray RT GPU - Improved with support for Render Elements
- V-Ray Frame Buffer - Improved with added color correction controls
- Open Source Technologies
- Alembic integration with support for hair and particles
- Deep Data output support including OpenEXR 2.x
- Ptex object-space vector displacement support
- Open Shading Language (OSL) support for programmable shaders
- OpenColorIO support for advanced color management
Release Date: 3/22/2018
- Now compatible with 3ds Max 2019
Full release notes can be found in the 'Help Docs' section of the Chaos Group website.
Hassle Free Returns
At Motion Media, our goal is to ensure your complete satisfaction with your purchase. If, for whatever reason, you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you may return it to Motion Media within 30 days. Claims for missing items or items damaged in transit must be received within three business days of receipt of merchandise.
Refunds on returned items will be issued in the same payment form as tendered at the time of purchase. If payment was made by credit card, once we receive the product we will credit your account. Please allow 7-10 days for a credit to appear on your credit card statement. If payment was made by check, please allow 10 business days for a refund check to be issued.
Please read all conditions below. If conditions are not met, Motion Media reserves the right to refuse the return or to charge a restocking fee of up to 25%.
How to return or exchange an item:
- In order to return an item you need to first obtain an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number.
- To request an RMA number, please visit our contact page and send us an email with the request.
- To request an RMA number by phone, call Customer Service at 310-450-4000.
- Place the original package into a shipping carton.
- Include the invoice and the reason for the return. If defective, please specify the defect.
- Please do not place stickers or shipping labels on the original manufacturer's package.
- The RMA number must be clearly written on the outer box. If you received a label in the email, print the label and tape it to the carton.
- Ship via insured ground service with a tracking number. Return shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer. We are not responsible for lost or damaged packages.
- Send pre-authorized returns to:
Motion Media, LLC
709 N. Douglas St.
El Segundo, CA 90245
- Alternatively, you may return an item at our office at the above location, with an approved RMA.
- All returned or exchanged items must be in new condition, in the original box, and must include all packing material, blank warranty cards, manuals, and all accessories.
- Motion Media is not responsible for personal data or items left in returned merchandise.
- Defective items may be repaired or exchanged at our discretion for the same model or manufacturer's equivalent model.
- RMA numbers are valid for 10 days.
- Motion Media is not responsible for any consequential or incidental damage resulting from the sale or use of any merchandise bought from us. We are responsible for the monetary value of the merchandise only.
No Return/Exchange On:
- Any Electronically Delivered Software*
- 3D Printers & Accessories
- Custom systems built or modified by Motion Media to customer's specifications
- Educational dvd's and books once unwrapped
- Motion Media Gift Cards are redeemable for merchandise only and may not be redeemed for cash.
*We offer 30 day returns on Autodesk licenses, excluding monthly terms.