All-In-One Fluid Dynamics For Maya Artists
Phoenix FD is a fluid dynamics simulator capable of creating a wide range of effects including fire, smoke, flames, liquids, explosions, ocean waves, splashes, spray, mist and more. It is seamlessly integrated into Autodesk Maya and is optimized to render with V-Ray. Phoenix FD has cost-effective pricing to fit any customer's needs with flexible licensing options that include perpetual, rental, and simulation-only licenses.
Phoenix FD is the all-in-one fluid dynamics plugin for Maya. Simulate realistic fire, smoke, liquids, ocean waves, splashes, spray, mist and more.
- Artist Friendly
Built for 3D artists who want to create fluid dynamic effects that are fast to set up and easy to control.
Preview and render interactively in the viewport. Fine-tune simulations on the fly.
- Creative Control
Create all types of physically-based fluid effects with smart controls for refining, retiming and rendering simulations.
- Smart Integration
Phoenix FD is integrated seamlessly with Autodesk Maya and optimized to render with V-Ray.
Supports industry-standard tools and formats like Alembic and OpenVDB.
4.10.00, released 2020 March 10
- Liquids, Splashes &Amp; Foam
Create realistic liquid simulations withsplashes and foam directly in Maya.
- Smoke, Fire &Amp; Explosions
Create any type of fire and smoke effects with Phoenix FD's powerful, adaptive-grid dynamics engine.
- Interactive Simulations
Fine-tune simulations interactively in the viewport with Phoenix FD’s GPU-accelerated preview.
- Refine Simulations
Increase simulation resolution and add detail without changing overall shape or behavior.
Perfect for generating small wisps of smoke and steam.
Render particles as bubbles, drops, points, or fog.
Simulate highly-realistic and complex vorticity effects with full control over large-scale vortex strength and ultra fine details.
- Emission Sources
Use a wide range of customizable emission sources - animated meshes, texture maps and particles - to drive complex simulations.
- Optimized Rendering
Render photorealistic liquids and volumetric effects using V-Ray's optimized Phoenix FD shader.
- Cascade Simulations
Create a series of simulations that trigger and interact with each other.
- Simulation Retiming
Speed up or slow down simulation playback. Perfect for slow motion effects.
- Ocean Simulations
Easily create ocean surfaces that never repeat using procedural ocean displacement. Preview and render the ocean surface without simulating cache files.
Influence simulations with forces like waves, wind, spline follow, mesh attraction and more.
- Simulation Licenses
Use Phoenix FD simulation licenses to submit jobs over the network to Deadline and Backburner.
- New Voxel And Particle Tuners
Change each voxel and particle's properties during simulation, and use customizable conditions to delete particles.
- Active Bodies
Float your objects over pools or wash them away in floods with basic rigid body simulation for Phoenix liquids. Interaction between Active Bodies is coming soon.
- TEX UVW
Transport texture coordinates along fluids during simulation and use them for advanced render-time effects.
- Standalone Cache Preview Tool
Load AUR, VDB and F3D cache files, preview them and save image sequences.
- Foam Texture
Create procedural foam coloring of ocean waves without simulation.
Hassle Free Returns
At Motion Media, our goal is to ensure your complete satisfaction with your purchase. If, for whatever reason, you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you may return it to Motion Media within 30 days. Claims for missing items or items damaged in transit must be received within three business days of receipt of merchandise.
Refunds on returned items will be issued in the same payment form as tendered at the time of purchase. If payment was made by credit card, once we receive the product we will credit your account. Please allow 7-10 days for a credit to appear on your credit card statement. If payment was made by check, please allow 10 business days for a refund check to be issued.
Please read all conditions below. If conditions are not met, Motion Media reserves the right to refuse the return or to charge a restocking fee of up to 25%.
How to return or exchange an item:
- In order to return an item you need to first obtain an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number.
- To request an RMA number, please visit our contact page and send us an email with the request.
- To request an RMA number by phone, call Customer Service at 310-450-4000.
- Place the original package into a shipping carton.
- Include the invoice and the reason for the return. If defective, please specify the defect.
- Please do not place stickers or shipping labels on the original manufacturer's package.
- The RMA number must be clearly written on the outer box. If you received a label in the email, print the label and tape it to the carton.
- Ship via insured ground service with a tracking number. Return shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer. We are not responsible for lost or damaged packages.
- Send pre-authorized returns to:
Motion Media, LLC
709 N. Douglas St.
El Segundo, CA 90245
- Alternatively, you may return an item at our office at the above location, with an approved RMA.
- All returned or exchanged items must be in new condition, in the original box, and must include all packing material, blank warranty cards, manuals, and all accessories.
- Motion Media is not responsible for personal data or items left in returned merchandise.
- Defective items may be repaired or exchanged at our discretion for the same model or manufacturer's equivalent model.
- RMA numbers are valid for 10 days.
- Motion Media is not responsible for any consequential or incidental damage resulting from the sale or use of any merchandise bought from us. We are responsible for the monetary value of the merchandise only.
No Return/Exchange On:
- Any Electronically Delivered Software*
- 3D Printers & Accessories
- Custom systems built or modified by Motion Media to customer's specifications
- Educational dvd's and books once unwrapped
- Motion Media Gift Cards are redeemable for merchandise only and may not be redeemed for cash.
*We offer 30 day returns on Autodesk licenses, excluding monthly terms.